Take It Easy, Love Nothing

Week 5

we had fun, but thats it. im sorry. i thought you knew. see ya around.

One MySpace note left to young fourteen year old Ellsa Eix by ‘the cutest junior boy’ left everlasting scars.

She wanted to make a good impression in high school. She was gifted with invites to the ‘in crowd’ parties complete with red cups and locked bedroom doors at random parentless domains.

She soon found herself entranced by the allure that came with older, cute and popular boys. And then found herself behind one of the locked bedroom doors.

After he left that note, she was no longer the same carefree fourteen year old girl.

She saw the world through new eyes.

---

“Hey, is Ellsa Eix playin here tonight?”

“Yea, who’s askin.”

“Oh, um just a friend.”

The bartender looked the patron over and saw the same look he saw after every show of hers. She’d left her simple note of rejection next to his bed and showed off her best sympathetic façade. He almost felt sorry for the poor victims of her broken heart.

“Forget it man. The closest you’ll get to her heart is lyrics in one of her songs. She thinks she’s too smart for all that love crap as she calls it.”

The bartender knew he wouldn’t give up. None of them heeded his words. But he didn’t care so long as one of them someday got more than just a lyrical allusion.
♠ ♠ ♠
http://www.plyrics.com/lyrics/brighteyes/takeiteasylovenothing.html

my favorite lines in this song (one of my fav BE songs btw):
"But if you stay too long inside my memory,
I will trap you in a song tied to a melody
and I will keep you there so you can't bother me"