Forever May You Run

Week 7

"Who is that girl?"

"Her? Oh she just comes round here every once n awhile. Stays the night. Leaves the next mornin. Been doin it for quite some time now. Two years maybe?"

"Only one night?"

"Yes, sir."

Greg watched her closed door of room 6A. Something about her expression haunted him.

"She always goes next door for a drink shortly after she checks in."

His eyes finally left the door to see the smirk on the front desk clerk's face. She was a sly old woman.

"You have a good night, Glenda."

"You too."

Greg took a seat at the nearly deserted bar and ordered his drink. When she walked in, she sat three stools down from him.

"Hey stranger, where ya been?"

"Hey George, oh you know. Here n there."

He watched her take a sip. She didn't even smile when the bartender said hello. Her lips curved upward, but it wasn't a smile.

Greg couldn't bring himself to talk to this sad girl. He just watched from the corner of his eye as she held her head towards the bar and slowly drank her beer before leaving for her room.

"You gonna ask me about her now?"

"How'd you know?"

"You were studying her. I been doin this a long time, son."

"So, do you know her story?"

"Not really. I once saw somethin of a letter askin her to stop and come home, but that's it. I leave her be."

--
"Looks like I'll have to stay one more night."

"Oh what's the matter, sugar?"

"My car won't start. It worked just fine last night.”

"Well, that's just a pity darlin. I know of someone stayin here who might be able to help. Want me to ring him?"

"Um, yea. I guess."

"You just go on ahead and order yourself some breakfast. I'll have him meet ya here in forty-five minutes."

"Thanks Glenda."

"Anytime darlin."

--
"You did somethin to that poor girl's car, didn't ya."

Greg shrugged with a smirk as he made his way to the door. Before he exited he turned around.

"No matter what happened to her, she doesn't deserve to run forever."
♠ ♠ ♠
i cheated a lil on the length...lil longer than 200 words...like by 100...but I really liked it. I wanna see it as a short film...or a feature length...
http://www.metrolyrics.com/forever-may-you-run-lyrics-gavin-rossdale.html

*I'll probably turn this into a longer story. For anyone interested, I'll post soon. :)