Status: Active- updates about every other day

Lost In You

Want

I had no way out. I was a rat trapped in a cage and there was no escape. I felt sticky with sweat as the light was coming closer and closer. I took a breath and turned around. There was a window! It was a big bay window on the ground floor which I could... it was open after all but there was a screen. I quickly began turning the lever to open the window fully but I was running out of time!

"Who's there?" the guy must have paused to listen. The window was now open and I took a few steps back then went for it. I lept into the air and gritted my teeth as my body came in contact with the screen which gave way. Then I was falling. I landed with a hard thump right beside the parking lot. I groaned in pain but a word came to mind.

Run!

I got up and began running in a random direction trying to ignore the pain in my body. Where was I supposed to go? Home? I ran blindly across the football field to the shadows of the trees, maybe I should have just hid in between the houses? What If someone saw me? I stopped running when I reached the trees and sat down. I gasped for air and felt hot tears begin to roll down my cheeks. What if I was seen?

"Frankie." I looked up and hastily wiped the tears from my eyes, I couldn't let Hayden see me like this.

"Here." I said quickly hoping that he didn't hear the tears that were choking my voice.

"I know." he answered and sat down beside me. His light eyes seemed to glow in the darkness. "That was a close call." he said. I nodded.

"Was I seen?" I asked.

"No, you're clear." he said. Suddenly I felt his strong arms scoop me effortlessly into his lap and he began to stoke my hair. I sighed calmly. I had never seen this side of Hayden before. I never thought it was possible for him to be... gentle.

"Hayden I-" he pressed his index finger to my lips and I stopped talking. I could partially make out his pale face in the dim light. His big eyes were half lidded and he looked content.

"Frankie, I think it's a good time to tell you that I like you." he whispered in my ear. I didn't move as I listened. It made sense that was the only reason he protected me, because he liked me. "Your a sweet boy." he petted my hair gently. "But then there's Gerard." his arms loosened around me slightly. "I know you want him more then you want me..." my skin prickled a little. My body was on red alert now with those words. Hayden had a habit of doing these things. He would sound calm and content but then he would lash out like a whip.

"Hayden." I said slowly.

"I just can't allow that." he finished. "I want you." I didn't know what to do.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry for the long wait...