Status: Active- updates about every other day

Lost In You

Offer

"So Frank, how did you feel about you're last mission?" Hayden asked with a smile. We were sitting behind the football field under a row of maple trees on the boarder of school property. I could see Gerard to my right drawing under another kind of tree. A gentle breeze played with his greasy hair and I wondered if he ever washed it.

"It was... fun." I admitted. Hayden said nothing for a moment and watched as some jocks tossed a football around on the field.

"How would you like to be part of The Skeleton Crew?" he asked. My head swiveled to face him, my face read surprise.

"Really?" I asked. He nodded with a smile playing on his lips. I turned my head to look at Gerard again. I sighed. "I'll think about it Hayden, I want to but I also want to go to college and..." I trailed off. His smile slightly faltered as he bowed his head.

"You want to have a chance with him huh?" he asked. He seemed almost human... almost.

"Yeah..." I replied and I expected him to hit me but he didn't. Instead he stood up and brushed the grass off his pants.

"The offer still stands Frankie. You will never have him without my help." and he walked away and across the field. The jocks paused in their game and watched Hayden with caution. Once he was off the field only then did the game resume. I sighed to myself. I had mixed feelings about The Skeleton Crew, sure they were my safety blanket, but they got in trouble all the time. I would be untouchable by the jocks but I might kiss my future out the window.

The night was cold and I wrapped my jacket around me tighter. With a shaky hand, I brought the lit cigarette to my lips for another drag. What if Gerard ever caught me like in my day dream. What would I tell him? The lie I thought of before? I shook my head to clear my thoughts and flicked my ciggie to the side. I stood up and brushed myself off. I was a first class stalker. I took a glance at the house and sighed. With that, I began my walk back to the bus stop.
♠ ♠ ♠
fillllerrrr :(