Status: Active- updates about every other day

Lost In You

Dragon

It was four when we were finally let out of school. I didn't even know it was possible to hold the entire school back for mass detention. We were all told to put our heads on our desks but instead I just fell asleep for the entire time. Now I was hitching the bus home alone. I had met up with Bob but he was going to his cousins house in New York for the rest of the week. I rested my head on the smudged glass and sighed quietly. Who was here to steal my thunder? I wanted to know because I would kick their ass if I had too.

I got off at my stop and began walking the distance to my house. It felt so warm today from the sun. I looked up from the sidewalk to see Hayden smoking on my front steps. He had blue and white feathers in his hair but didn't seem to notice them.

"I didn't know you smoked." I stated and squinted against the bright sun. He blew out a cloud of smoke.

"Yeah well... you don't know a lot about me." he didn't look up at me. He just took another drag off his cancer stick. I frowned at him and put my messenger bag on the grass.

"Like what." I tested.

"Am I human or vampire?" again he didn't look at me. I frowned deeper as I pondered the question. Was he a human or was he a vampire. Whenever I asked him he changed the subject to something else or answered with a riddle. So if he were avoiding the question that means he was trying to hide something... I guess that meant-

"Vampire." I stated confidently. He just blew the smoke out of his nose and smiled slightly. He reminded me of a fire breathing dragon.

"You're cute." he took another drag and held it in.

"So you're not... your human?" I bit my lip.

"As strange as it sounds Frankie dear, I'm human who just pretty much killed his parents because they were shit." he turned to look at me in the eye. "Now he lives in abandoned buildings and isn't dead yet." we stared at each other for a moment. "Funny isn't it? So many adults think a teenager can't survive on the street but I'm thriving... maybe I'm just different."

"Well yeah you're different; who else has eyes that light?" I smiled a little.

"Lots of people, just because it isn't a common trait doesn't mean I'm a freak." he smiled a little too and flicked the ashes of his smoke on the ground.

"What about the fangs?" I quizzed.

"Billy Corgan looks like he has fangs, your point?" he sniffed. I stifled a laugh.

"Okay, what about the fact you always wear the same thing?"

"What does my wardrobe have to do with me being a vampire? I'm homeless thank you very much so I don't exactly get options."

"Okay, okay... what about you and your strength? You just toss people across the room like they're toys."

"Comes from defending myself against gangs Frankie. I ran from the cops and I'm a anted man... but they don't know they want me."

"Oh..." I said. "So why are you here then?" I asked.

"I met someone yesterday... I think I'm in love." he took the last drag of his smoke and tossed the waste into my mothers tulips.
♠ ♠ ♠
Its that time again! Commenter #550 gets a drawing request :) Good luck!