Cursed

Confusion

"Holly? Holly?" Gerard asked shaking me a little and breaking me out of my trance. "Sorry, I zoned out for a minute there." I apologized. "Its cool, I do it all the time." Gerard said understanding. I nodded my head in appreciation. Something told me to look across from me, Bob was giving me a devilish smirk. I glared at him.

Having another vision are we? His lips didn't move,but his voice was echoing in my mind. Great, now he could talk to me without even speaking? I shook my head.

Leave him the fuck alone Bob,

Holly, I strongly suggest you don't get in the way.You'll regret it.

Why are you going after him too?

He has something I want,

Such as? my face displaying curiosity.

Can't tell you,he smiled at me.

At this point, I wanted to slap him.
Your too short, A grin appeared on his face.

Keep out of my fucking mind, I got red-faced.

I love it when you talk naughty,

Your a sick bastard, you know that right?

Of course.he smiled.

No, seriously. What do you want with Mikey?

None of your business.

I'm sick of trying to figure you out. I sighed.

I looked out the window, the sun was now shining."So where are we off to now?" I asked standing up, having finished my meal. The three of them doing the same. "Um," Gerard thought for a second. "I heard the carnival's open this weekend?" Gerard tried. I glanced down at the watch on my wrist, "Two thirty," I mumbled. "I've got three and half hours to kill." I concluded making my speech clearer."Let's do it," Mikey said. "Yeah," said Bob nodding.

"To the carnival we go!" I happily sighed and followed the three boys out the door. We had to take a semi-long bus ride to get there, firguring we had to go into the city and all. We were on our way to Newark. I switched on my Creative Mp3 player."Earphone?" I offered to Gerard sitting beside me. "Sure." he said taking it and putting it in his left ear. The light had slipped through the window, the morning ripped you away, oh. "Who is this by?" Gerard asked referring to the song that was playing. "The Hush Sound, their awesome." I said gushing. "Cool, I should download this." Gerard said slowly nodding his head to the beat. Don't wake me up, I am still dreaming. The story's undone, unravel at the seams. Don't wake me up, death is misleading, and when I fall asleep...sleep with a ghost.

"Were here!" Bob concluded. We stepped off the bus, me and Gerard walking side by side. Bob and Mikey doing the same behind us. All of us had to walk about a block to get to the carnival. I felt Gerard graze his hand over mine.

I glanced over at him, and took his hand into mine. It lasted about thirty seconds when I had the strong, sudden urge to look behind me. I let go of Gerard's hand. Bob was burning daggers into me and Gerard's back with his cold blue eyes. He looked down when I had caught him. For a split second he glanced up, our eyes meeting. He mumbled something incoherent and shook his head. Then hung his head low. That left me temporary confused.

We entered the gates and paid for our tickets. "Cotton Candy anyone?" I proposed. "No thanks," said Gerard. I got curious and looked him square in the eye. "Do you like not eat or something?" I asked him. "I don't know, lately i've been losing my appetite." Gerard replied with a shrug. Something told me that wasn't the case. Maybe it was my mind playing tricks on me again, but for a split second I saw his eyes quickly change from a faint green, to a washed out red. Next thing I knew, I was on the ground.

I guess I fell from shock. He had confirmed my suspicions. Or maybe I was going crazy? Why is it that this day, just keeps getting better and better? I sat up rubbing my temples attempting to relax myself. The three of them stood before me, "Are you alright?" Gerard asked concerned. I didn't answer him, I just simply nodded my head. I reached for Mikey's hand. Gerard seemed a bit shocked when I didn't reach for his.

Mikey's hand slipped into mine and pulled me up. "Thanks," I mumbled. "No problem," he muttered. He shot a Gerard a cold glare. Bob looked satisfied with himself. Now, I was completely confused. Gerard couldn't be a vampire, could he? If you put the clues together, maybe. Pale skin, the 'not eating' thing. And God forbid I just saw his eyes flash.

I didn't have enough evidence though.

"Lets get started, shall we?" I said trying to lighten up the mood. "I call rollercoaster!" Bob exclaimed. "Rollercoaster it is," I said nodding my head. We walked in line, and I already felt the butterflies at the pit of my stomach. Not because of the ride, because of Gerard.

I didn't know what was going to happen next.

I think I like him, i'm not sure yet. How long have I known him? A day? Aww, little Holly has a crush on Gerard. "Shut the fuck up," I retorted. Great, now i'm fighting with my conscience. "We didn't say anything." Gerard spoke confused. Aww, shit. I had said that out loud! "Uh, nevermind!" I added quickly. "Okay?" Gerard wore a confused expression. The line was moving quicker. I turned to face Gerard, and looked him in the eye.That was a habit of mine, usually when I spoke to someone, there was eye contact, it makes it more...personal. "So, how do you and Bob know eachother?" I asked.

"We've been friends since elementary school in Newark. But then in about grade ten Bob moved to Belleville. We visited eachother all the time though. But now since I moved to Belleville, it's good. " Gerard explained. "Okay, I see." I said realizing.

"Ready to go on?" Bob asked. "Oh yeah," I said sounding unsure of myself. "If it makes it any better, I can hold your hand?" Gerard offered. "You can't fucktard, you guys are going to be caged in." Bob said giving a low glare at Gerard. "You didn't have to be so mean about it," Gerard pretended to be sad. "Oh, grow up." Bob said, playfully smacking Gerard upside the head. "Somebodys PMSing today," I said under my breath. "That would be correct," Gerard said laughing hysterically. "What's so funny?" Bob asked oviously out of the loop. "Nothing!" Me and Gerard chorused together. Bob just shook his head.

"Hey, is Mikey still here? I haven't heard him talk since we got here."
I asked curiously. "Present," Mikey said with a low wave. "Sweet, its our turn to go on!" Gerard announced excitedly. I sat down in the nearest seat, I looked over expecting to see Gerard. But instead, I saw that unmistakable blonde hair. I sighed. Why isn't Gerard here?

Cause I got here first, he smiled sweetly at me.

I don't like you.

But I like you,

Before any other messages were telepathically sent, the ride started to move. I screamed before anything major really happened, which got a lot of stares and 'What the hell?' looks. Before I knew it, the ride was over. We all met up at the exit, Gerard and Bob were exchanging angry glances. Mkey sighed and tried not to pay attention to it, leaving me dumbfounded.

They weren't fighting over me, right? Cause that would just be plain stupid. "Well, I can definitely go for another round. Anyone want to join me?" I asked referring to the rollercoaster. Gerard gave Mikey a look that I couldn't really describe. "Yeah, sure. Let's go." Mikey spoke. Me and him walked off to go back into the line. Gerard and Bob walked away about ten feet away from us.

No one's Point of View...

The two men stood before eachother, Gerard spoke up. "You can't have her," he said, a hint of venom in his voice. "And why is that?" Bob asked, almost challenging him. "She has too much to live for, she has a good life ahead of her." Gerard said answering Bob's question. "Do you think I care? I haven't found someone like her in such long time, Gerard." Bob said.

"How can you be so selfish?" Gerard asked Bob, hurt. He decided he didn't want to answer Gerard's 'question'. "Oh I get it, you love her don't you?" Bob said accusingly. Gerard sighed. "That's not the point, Bob." He said. "I can't believe that after everything, your backing out now?" Bob asked. "You've changed Bob," Gerard said. "No Gerard, I
haven't. Your the one who's changed," Bob said raising his voice a little.

"Just stay away from her," Gerard ordered. "Why? Because your want her for yourself?" Bob accused again. "No." Gerard said. "So what your saying is that you do love her?" Bob asked, playing mind-games with him. Gerard paused, there was a long silence. "Yes, I do." Gerard whispered in a voice that was barely audible. "Vampires can't love, what your feeling is lust." Bob decided for Gerard. "No, Bob. I'm sure about this." Gerard said confidently. "So now your saying I have to do this by myself?" Bob asked.

"No, what i'm saying is; your not doing it at all," Gerard spoke firmly. "I'll make her mine Gerard, you just watch." Bob said determined. "No Bob, i'm not going to let this happen," Gerard said equally determined. "I'm going to finish what we started Gerard," Bob said, walking away.

"Bob! Please wait! Don't do this to me!" Gerard shouted after him, but it was too late; he was already gone.

Gerard's Point of View...

But was it true? Did I really like Holly?
I had been taught that vampires couldn't love, maybe Bob is right. I was sick of this life.
I was turned about three years ago, by Bob. At the time I was obsessed with vampires, and when he told me I could live forever...I accepted.

We had known eachother since grade one, and we became inseparable. Our parents were bestfriends, so we had play-dates all the time. In the middle of grade nine, he turned me. He was my protector, he looked after me. He made sure I had the right ammount of blood each day. It seemed that since he was my sire, we became closer.

Although, he never told me who had turned him. Bob had taught me everything I know, he separated the fact from the fiction. And the wrong from the right. He often coaxed me into things I didn't want to do, I pretended to be something I wasn't because I needed him, I really didn't want him to leave me. I did horrible things that i'm not
proud of.

But as time went on, I became less and less dependant on him. Until, I just rebelled. I didn't see him alot, he decided to move away from me. And here comes the part I wished never happened, Bob discovered Holly. He made me a part of his sick plan somehow. But i'm going to change that, i'm going to prove to myself that I am not an "emotionless creature".

I sighed and walked off back toward where the ride was, and waited at the exit. Not even a minute later Mikey and Holly strolled over to me. They were both giggling, and Holly was holding her head, she looked quite dizzy. "Hey, where did Bob go?" Holly asked looking around. I quickly thought of a lie.

"He had to go home, something came up." I lied. "Sucks," Holly said without much enthusiasm. I smiled at that. "Times are wasting," I said still smiling. "Games?" Holly proposed. "Your on." I said genuinely smiling for the first time in a long while.

Before I knew it, night came. Holly glanced down at her watch. "Six-ten." She announced. "We should get out of here," I suggested. "Yeah, come on." Holly said leading me and Mikey to the exit. She shivered, and I put my jacket on her shoulders. "Thank you," She said gratefully. "No problem," I said with a warm smile. The New Jersey air was always cold in April. As we walked down the sidewalk I reached down and took her hand into mine. Mikey was listening to his ipod not really paying attention to us. We would look at eachother every so often, smiling. I'm not letting anything happen to her.

Normal Point of View...

I couldn't believe that this was happening to me, it was all new. If this was love, I never wanted it to end. On the bus home, Gerard and I didn't talk much. Although Mikey looked out the window a lot, and sighed quite a bit. I tapped him on the shoulder, he was quite bony, I had to admit. "Hmm?" He looked up at me. "Are you alright?" I asked him concerned. "I don't know, I just have this feeling like something bad is going to happen." Mikey whispered. I instantly felt scared too. "Like what?" I whispered back. "I don't know yet," Mikey whispered out again. "Do you want to tell Gerard?" I asked. "No, he'll just think i'm crazy." Mikey told me.
"No he won't," I said. "Let's drop it, it can't be anything serious." Mikey concluded. "If you say so," I said. He turned his head and put his ipod back on.

At our stop the bus came to a hault. The three of us got off. We walked down the cement that lead us to our houses. None of us spoke, it was a comfortable silence though. The sky was now a dark blue, and the trees made the sky eerie looking. If you looked close enough you could see a ghostly pale moon shining through a blanket of clouds. The small side-street was silent, not a single porch light was turned on. The silence was broken by thunder, which startled me.

I linked arms with Gerard. "We better hurry up," Mikey said. The scene would be perfect for a killing spree, or a vicious stalker. Have you ever had the feeling someone was watching you? That's the feeling I had right now. The sidewalk was dimly lit with the poor excuses you call 'streetlights'. Me, Gerard and Mikey sped up our pace. Tiny droplets of rain fell on us. We stood in front of my house, Gerard fished keys out of his pocket and tossed them
over to Mikey. Gerard nodded at him, and Mikey started in the direction of their house.

Gerard and I walked up the steps to my porch where we couldn't get wet. "I really had fun today," I began. I could see him smile because a flash of lighning illuminated his beautiful face. "Me too," he whispered. "We should definately do this again sometime," I said. "I agree," and then he did the unimagineabe. He planted a gentle kiss on my lips. He pulled back, embaressed. "Oh my gosh! I'm so sorry! I didn't me-" I cut him off mid-sentence by putting my index finger on his lips, silencing him. I removed my finger from his lips,
but only to reconnect our lips. It was a sweet kiss, no tongue or anything.

We both smiled from ear to ear. Gerard sighed. "I better leave now, Dad must be wondering where the hell I am..." Gerard said. "Oh, I understand," I tried not to put any sadness in my voice. "I guess i'll see you at school tomorrow?" he asked. "Sure," I said. "Bye." he said, walking down the steps. I waved. It wasn't until he reached the sidewalk, that I realized I still had his jacket. I quickly walked over to the edge of the porch, "You forgot your jacket!"

I half yelled. "Keep it!" he yelled from the sidewalk. And then, he dissapeared.

I sighed dreamily and walked over to my door, I grabbed my key out of my jean pocket. I thrust the key into the lock, and then turned it. I pushed the door open. All the lights in the house were off, I walked into the kitchen to see if the lights still worked. I flicked on the light switch, sucess! I glanced around. I started to call. "Mom? Mom?

Where are y-?" I stopped calling when I saw a note on the table. I walked over to it, and unfolded it.

Dear, Holly.
As you may have noticed, I am not present.
That's because I asked Don out and he said yes!
I am so excited! I should be back at around nine.
In the meantime, there is some left-over spagetti in the fridge if you want.
Or if you'd prefer, you can go over to Gerard and Mikey's.
Don whipped up this amazing dinner!
See you soon,

-Mom


I crumpled up the note in my hands and threw it back onto the table angrily. No, this couldn't be happening! Mom was not dating Gerard's Dad! I began pacing on the kitchen floor. I finally found someone who made me happy, and now I couldn't date him. Because? Because it would practically incest, which is highly frowned upon! Oh my god, it hit me like a ton of bricks. Mom said something about it last night, why didn't I pay more attention? She said she might ask Don out, at this moment I wanted to pull my hair out of my scalp. I did the first thing that came to mind.

I quickly ran over back to the front door, shut it behind me, and locked it. I ran down the steps and sprinted down the sidewalk. Much to my dismay, I was getting wet. Good thing Gerard and Mikey only lived two houses down. I found myself infront of the white house. I power walked up the walkway and up the steps. I frantically knocked on the door. "Gerard! Gerard! We've got a big problem!" I yelled from my side of the door.