Cursed

Blood

"Let me guess, he's a vampire too," I said obviously not amused.

"You are correct," Gerard said. I groaned.

"He's also vampire hunter," Gerard said.

"That has got to be the most stupidest things I have ever heard," Mikey said.

"I second that motion," I said raising my hand. "Guys, your getting this all wrong. He only kills evil vampires." Gerard said defending him.

"Then why the fuck are you not dead?" Mikey asked. You can say that shocked me.

"Mikey, that was not my fault." Gerard said lowly.

"Yeah Mom's dead, and shes never coming back thanks to you." Mikey said his eyelids brimmed with tears.

"Mikey! I absolutely had no control over that!" Gerard said with a tone of sadness in his voice. "Your a fucking monster," was all Mikey said before jogging up the stairs. Then all I heard was the slamming of a door. I slightly jumped when that happened. Gerard sighed and put his head in his hands. He looked up at me, his eyes full of tears. I scooted over and I opened my arms, he gladly accepted. He was deathly cold, and I just held him there. I whispered sweet nothings in his ear.

"Do you want to talk about it?" I asked softly.

"No, it's too painful." he whispered. Instead of speaking, a grumble came from my stomach. He chuckled.

"Come on, let's get you something to eat, Dad cooked dinner." he said leading me into the kitchen. I admired it's beauty, the walls were cream like the living room. it had marble countertops, and wooden cupboards.

"Hey, do you like Alfredo?" Gerard asked.

"Yeah, it's one of my favorites." I replied.

"Make yourself comfortable," he said pointing at the kitchen table. I sat down on the wooden chair. I watched as he took a bowl from the cupboard and filled it with pasta.
"Enjoy," he said setting the bowl in front of me.

"Thank you, Gerard." I said. "No problem, want something to drink?" he asked.

I thought for a moment. "Yes please, do you have any iced-tea?" I asked.

"Yes we do, good to know some people still have manners these days." Gerard said as he walked over to the fridge, taking out a plastic pitcher. He filled a glass with the brown liquid. I lightly laughed.

"I try," I said. He walked over and put the glass in front of my bowl, sitting down down in the chair across from me. "So since your a vampire, that means you can't eat human food?"

I asked. "Actually, I can. I just don't want to. It dosen't appeal to me anymore." Gerard answered.

"You don't kill, do you?" I asked scared of the possible answer.

"No, I just steal blood from the local blood banks," he replied.

"Oh," I said relieved as I took a bite from my pasta. I looked up at him, he looked really sluggish and tired.

"Your hungry aren't you?" I asked. "Yeah, but I can wait. I don't want to gross you out," Gerard said.

"No, I don't mind. My Mom's a nurse so I'm used to seeing blood." I said with a shrug.
"Well. In that case, i'll be right back," Gerard said standing up. "See you in a minute." he continued, then he walked over to a door across the room, he opened it and walked in. I presumed he walked into the basement. I say, my life is quite eventful. Or at least this day. Gerard came back from the basement with a blood bag in his hands. I watched as he went over to the counter and grabbed a pair of scissors and cut the bag open, pouring the
contents into a glass. He opened his mouth and I could see his fangs retract. I grimaced at that. He quickly downed the contents of the glass, all the while his eyes were glowing a emerald green.

"Call me crazy, but when you feed your eyes are beautiful." I said admiring them. He smiled a toothy grin, revealing his fangs. "Thank you," he said, his eyes glowing again. "For now," Gerard said taking another swig of the dark red liquid. "Just stay with me at all times, same thing goes for Mikey." Gerard continued.

"When do you think you can get a hold of Adam?" I asked. "Probably tomorrow, I don't want to ask him tonight." Gerard replied. I nodded. I glanced at the clock on the wall, 7:34 it read. "They should be coming back around nine," Gerard said.

"I know, what do you want to do in the meantime?" I asked.

"Movie?" he asked.

"Sounds good," I said.

"Can you do me a favor?" Gerard asked.

"Sexual?"

"Oh, god no." Gerard said looking disgusted.

I laughed. "Gosh, I was only joking. My sense of humor is sick." I said cracking up.

"You think?" Gerard wore a serious expression.

I sighed. "Okay, in all seriousness...what was the favor?" I asked trying not to laugh.

"Can you go up to Mikey's room and ask if he wants to join us? I think he hates me," Gerard said.

"Gerard, Mikey could never hate you." I said.

"Oh yeah, after what I did...I think it's possible." I didn't want to ask. I couldn't help to wonder though. I simply nodded, downed the rest of my iced-tea, and put my dishes in the sink.

"Where is Mikey's room?" I asked.

"Up the stairs, second door to the left." he said.

"Be back soon," I said walking out of the kitchen and up the stairs. Second door to the left. I lightly knocked on the door, no answer. "Mikey?" I called. No response. I took the liberty to slowly open the door. I stepped inside, Mikey was sleeping peacefully on his bed. I walked over and gently took the glasses of his face and put them on the nightstand beside him. I turned around and walked out of his room, turning off the light. I walked back down the stairs, and saw Gerard waiting for me at the bottom.

"He's sleeping," I said. Gerard looked normal again, his eyes were their original colour. He looked more awake, still pale as always though.

"Oh," Gerard spoke disappointed.

"Are we still on for the movie?" I asked with a smile.

"Yeah, come on." Gerard said walking towards the living room. I followed him and plopped down on the couch. "Nightmare on Elm street, or Scary Movie three?" Gerard asked.

"I'm going to go with Scary Movie, I need a good laugh." I said.

"I couldn't agree more," Gerard said. He popped the movie in the DVD player, and shut off the lights. He grabbed the remote and sat down next to me. He pressed the 'play' button. Me and Gerard played 'the staring game'. You know, where you stare at someone, and then you look away just in time before they catch you. It gave me quite the thrill. We were in the middle of the scene where Cindy gets the prank call, when Gerard glanced over at me. He gave me a confused look.

"Hey, what's that on your neck?" Gerard asked. Oh no, I had been caught. He moved a strand of hair away from my neck. "Bob did this, didn't he?" Gerard asked discovering the hickeys on my neck. "Uh, yeah." I said blushing.

"Did you wonder why you were so easily manipulated?" he asked. That question caught me offguard but I decided I needed an answer.

"Yeah, actually." I said.

"I know this is really personal, but I have to ask you," Gerard said.

"Okay," I said preparing for the worst.

Gerard fiddled with his fingers. "Oh god, how do I put this?
Um, are you on your period right now?" Gerard asked quickly.

I told the truth. "Yes, I am. But what does that have to do with anything?" I asked.

"It's easier to manipulate women when their on their period, for vampires anyway."
Gerard said. I sighed.

"Are you serious?"

"As a heart attack, but it also increases their lust, you could also say they have a certain 'charm' towards women." My mouth dropped open. "And sometimes the lust is contagious, that would explain why you were also so eager." Gerard added.

"How do you know all of this?" I asked incredulously
.
"I've been around," Gerard said. "And some are better controlling it than others." Gerard continued. That would explain why he wasn't eating my face off right now. The movie was
still playing and his face was illuminated by a blue glow. I was speechless, and my mouth formed a small 'O'. I thought about school tomorrow.

"So since were' going to the same school and all, I was thinking that we should meet
up with each other to get to school?" I tried.

"Good thinking, but theres just one problem with that," Gerard said.

"What?" I asked dreading the answer.

"Bob lives pretty close to here," Gerard said grimly.

"How close?" I asked scared.

"Try across the street," Gerard said.

"Oh, fuck me!" I wailed slapping my forehead.

"Hey, don't worry about it," Gerard said squeezing my hand. "Were' going to get through this, I'm really worried about Mikey though." Gerard whispered.

"Me too," I back. The both of us heard a car pull up in the driveway. "Listen, if Bob comes around just act natural okay? And stay in a place where people can see you," Gerard said. "Got it," I said.

Then the door burst open, revealing each of our parents. Dumb grins were plastered across there faces. "Hey guys," Don said flicking on the light. I grimaced, the light was harsh on my eyes. I got used to it though. I looked at Don, surely enough my mothers lipstick was smudged on his cheek. I coughed. But it was one of those coughs where you speak at the same time. "I think I'm going to throw up," is what I said while coughing.

"What was that honey?" my mom asked.

"Oh nothing," I said simply.

Gerard coughed-and-speaked too. "Your'e not
the only one," is what he said.

There was a short silence. "Where's Michael?" Don asked.

"He went to bed," Gerard replied.

"Well, unfortunately I think we need to call it a night. I've got work in the morning and Holly has school." my mom said walking near the door.

"Yes, the boy's have school also, and I'm also working." Don said.

Before I stood up, Gerard whispered in my ear. "Remember what I told you, okay?"

"Alright," I whispered back. I stood up and walked up to the door.

"See you tomorrow Holly," Gerard said.

"See you," I said. Don and my mother said their goodbyes and we were out the door. As we walked down the sidewalk my mother tried to make conversation.

"How was your day?" she asked. I laughed inside.

"It was...eventful," I said.

"You know, things went really well with Don tonight." she said.

"Oh yeah?" I asked interested. Was I a bad person cause I didn't want them to be dating? For once in a long while, my mother had this sort of glow to her. And you know what? She looked pretty damn happy too. Now, that's an emotion I didn't see too much from my mother. So who am I to fuck with her happiness?

"Were getting along famously, and we have so much in common too." she said dreamily.

"Oh that's awesome!" I really tried to be happy for her.

"The dinner was amazing huh?" she asked. I couldn't lie, Don really was a good
cook. "It was great," I said. I found myself in front of the stairs that let to my porch.

"I think I've got a good thing going here, he's a great guy, who can cook. And has no tattoos or piercings. Now that's really hard to find these days." she said. It melted my heart to see her so happy like this.

"I couldn't agree more," I said climbing the stairs.

She unlocked the door and we walked in. "Oh honey, what did I tell you about leaving the lights on?" she asked disappointed.

My mother was big on saving energy, and I forgotten to take the lights off again. I slapped my forehead. "I'm so sorry," I said genuinely.

"Don't let happen again, yeah?" she said.

"Okay,"

"I think I'm heading to bed, I've had an...interesting day." I said choosing my words carefully.

"Goodnight honey," she said giving me a peck on the cheek.

"Night mom," I said and gave her a hug.

I walked up to my room with the intentions of going to sleep, but little did I know that something far more exciting awaited me.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Long time no type, huh? Jeez, why did that take me so long to get out?
It's ThanksGiving in Canada, so I'm really thankfull for comments!
Oh, and you might not have recongnized me at first, cause I changed my username
and pic!

I have a feeling you will enjoy Chapter 9...

[Your Pirate Hooker Of An Author]