Status: finished : )

Spontaneous and Surprising

Chapter Three

Sophia lay on her back, staring at her ceiling and willing herself to go back to sleep. After several minutes she sighed and slipped out of the bed. She found her shoes and keys, leaving the apartment without a second glance. There was only one place she could sleep on nights like these.

She hummed along to the radio while she drove down the empty streets. She was trying her best to keep herself together, no tears, no outbursts, just a calm façade. It tore her apart that she’d let a silly little boy have this much a handle on her, but then she melted every time he touched her.

Sophia parked and jogged up the stairs, pulling out her own key to the place. The rooms were dark and silent, sending an ill shiver through her body. She ignored it and continued through the apartment to his bedroom.

She grinned at the sight of the messy room, not realizing how much she’d missed it. Sophia slipped her shoes off and left her keys on his desk before crawling into the bed. Everything smelled like him, sending sparks flying inside her. It didn’t take long for Sophia to lose herself in his smell and memories as she drifted off.

Minutes after she had finally fallen asleep, the front door opened with a loud crash as luggage fell to the ground. He winced from the loud noise and waited a few seconds before picking them back up. He had picked out her car in the parking lot and knew she was up here somewhere, probably sleeping.

He left his bags in the front room, figuring he’d unpack tomorrow when he was more awake, and then tiptoed to his bedroom. He found her wrapped around in his blankets, looking so calm and still. He still found it hard to believe sometimes that she’d picked him and stayed with him even though it was so clear, at least to him, that she deserved much better. He quickly striped out of his clothes and slipped into bed beside her in just his boxers.

She breathed in deep at the disturbance and rolled over so she was facing him. Her eyes opened just the tiniest, but then widened incredibly when she made out his features in the dark. She was overjoyed and speechless as she pushed herself against him roughly, trying to place her lips on his in the dark. He chuckled when she kissed his chin.

“Happy to see me?” He whispered while his arms wrapped around her warm body and pulled her closer.

“Thrilled,” she corrected and tried kiss him again. This time she was successful and she wrapped her arms around his neck as the small kiss deepened. It’d been months since they’d seen each other, and both were feeling that empty craving finally being fulfilled.

“I missed you so much,” he murmured against the skin of her neck as he placed delicate kisses up and down it.

“Why are you home so early?” She asked, mostly to distract herself from the moans that were begging to come out from his touch.

“I couldn’t stand to be away from you any longer.” He grinned, knowing the cheesy line had made her blush, even though he couldn’t see it in the dark.

“Loser,” she mumbled while the blush crept from her neck to her cheeks. “How come I don’t hear Jack?” She asked worriedly now that she noticed the rest of the apartment was still silent.

“He’s staying over at Alex’s so we can have a bit of alone time.” She bit her bottom lip to keep in her giggles as he told her in a highly seductive tone.

“Alone time,” she repeated weakly as he went back to kissing her neck, nibbling at it here and there. He didn’t answer and she felt herself slowly giving in. “Zack,” she had meant it to be a warning, letting him know she wasn’t exactly in the mood tonight, but his name came out in one of those moans. She felt him smile against her skin before he pulled back.

“I know,” was all he said before he placed a soft kiss on her lips and pulled her tight to him. His senses picked up on her lovely fragrance when he rested his head against hers. He loved the way she always smelled of cinnamon.

“I love you Zack,” she whispered into the darkness as she rested her head against his chest. She’d never said the words and meant them as much as she did when it came to him. She’d almost given up on love entirely, just before she met him, but here she was declaring it in all of her vulnerability.

“And I love you Sophia,” he kissed the top of her head to put emphasis on his words. Nothing meant more to him than the small girl in his arms.

It started with a spontaneous whim to go to a party.

It ended with a surprise for both of them.

They found love after it all.
♠ ♠ ♠
the end : ) comments? please?
Sophia's Pajamas
I had a blast writing this; hope everybody enjoyed it!
xooxDee