Status: active

The Uprising: Survival, Death, and Love

Remembrance-003

As I thought that, I screamed.
Mentally and physically.
I am just so fucking confused!!!
It should have been me!!!
I am darkness and death personified!!!
Why did I have to survive?!?!
Ugh!!!!
Keith was good! He could heal, he could love, he could survive just as well as I could!!! But he died, and I can't do anything about it.
I only have one question.
WHY?!?!?!?!?!
why did the world have to end?! Why did my mother abandon me?! Why is my biological father an asshole who beat me and is now the ruler of all Dictators?!
WHY THE DID KEITH HAVE TO DIE!!!
Why did I have to fall in love with him?. . .
Yes, I fell in love with Keith.
How? I don't know, how. I just, did.
I miss everything about him. His hair that was as smooth as silk and as soft as Egyptian cotton, how it was as black as a starless night, his skin that was unmarred and even silkier than his hair and had a slight beige tone to it, his stormy gray eyes, the way his jaw set when he was frustrated, how-
I sound like a lovesick fan girl or something.
I honestly can't believe I'm in love with him. I told him, the day he died, but at that time I made it sound like I loved him as a friend.
I can remember every single detail about the moment. . .
The moment my entire world got more messed up than it already is.

--=--Three Years Ago-Keith's Death--=--
"What do you think they're doing right now?" Keith asked me.
By them 'they' he meant our other parent that abandoned us. For him, his father, for me, my mother.
I don't resent my mother, more because of the fact, that the man who helped conceive me turned out to be a demonic, abusive, hateful, Dictator of a son of a bitch.
But at least Keith had some love, I don't know anybody who has ever loved me. Of course Keith would care about me, we're hunting partners. I helped him escape, even though he is older than me. But only by a few months.
"I don't know, and honestly, I don't care. They've probably been- you know." I said, implying the fact that they were Olympians and they were all captured.
A thought from before startled me, "I don't know anybody who has every loved me", that can be one of the reasons why I never show that much emotion.
"Yeah. I still can't help but think of it though." he said and stared at the ceiling.
We were sleeping in a rundown apartment that hasn't had human life for a few years. Rent was too high I guess, something like that.
It had a single bedroom, but two full beds and a small window.
"I've always wondered. . .what would it be like if this never happened." I said to him softly, folding my arms behind my head and lying my head against them.
"What do you mean?" he asked.
"I knew we have only lived this life, but what if the whole 'the world is going to end in 2012!' thing never happened? Like the Dictators and Doctors never existed, life went on as it had before." I said.
"I-" before he could finish his response, there was banging against the door. Crap!! We hurriedly got our stuff and went to the window. It may have been small, but it was big enough.
The thing that sucked.
Was that it didn't open. I growled in frustration, and just as the Doctors broke down the door, I broke the window. I could tell it was them because of their medicinal smell.
"Come on!!! You go first!!!" I yelled at him, and before he could argue like I knew he would, I pushed him out the window.
Luckily, I ripped off his shirt so his wings popped out of his chest effortlessly.
I picked off some of the Doctors and jumped out as well. Unfortunately, my shirt was still on. I didn't care so I held on tight on my bags and flew next to Keith.
We weren't able to get them off of our trail though.
One of them hit my right wing and I went down. We settled for running on land.
"Uhhhhh," Keith grunted, and fell to his knees.
There was an arrow sticking out of his chest.
I was stunned, shocked.
All I could think was, Why?.
He started to fall but I caught him before he touched the ground. I kept his upper body cradled in my lap.
I looked into his eyes, and saw he was struggling to breathe. That's when I knew, he was going to die. IN my arms. Any minute now.
I closed my eyes and started to cry silently.
Suddenly I felt something against my cheek, I opened my eyes and saw that it was him.
"Don't cry. I'll be- al-right." he said and winced from the pain.
"You- ugh. Screw it, I don't have the heart to argue right now." I told him.
He made a strangled laugh, but a laugh none the less.
"I love you, Neci." he told me. He always called me Neci, and the fact that he told me that he loved me, made me cry harder.
"Keith," I told him, and he looked me dead in the eye. Sorry, wrong choice of words. I've had a crush on him for a while now, but it soon faded and progressed to love.
"I love you," I said and then giggled, yes I giggled!!!
"I freaking love you!!" I told him again and put my hand on his cheek.
With strength that amazed me, he pulled my head down and kissed me.
I can't really describe how I felt, but it felt. . .good. Incredible. And no matter how cliche, it was sweet. He tasted like some exotic fruit mixed with peppermint. With a slight hint of the wild strawberries we found earlier from today.
It was my first kiss, obviously. It was amazing, and i didn't want it to stop.
But it did. All too soon.


-=-=--= Back To The Present-=-=-=-=-=-=-

He died right then and there, in my arms.
"Ugh, Keith why did I have to fall in love with you?" I said, as I sat on the forest floor with my arms on my knees, and my head on my arms.
Alex cocked his head to the side and whined.
I ruffled his ears and got up and brushed myself off.
There's a cave we can hide in only ten miles or so from here.
When Keith was still here, we found several caves, both underground and underwater, all over the world but mainly in Central America and America. We stocked up on supplies and stored them there for later use if we ever needed a place to stay.
"Come one, Alex, let's go to the cave." I told him and readjusted my weapons. I looked up at the sky and saw that it was beginning to rain.
I sighed and started to run in the direction of the cave, knowing Alex would follow me loyally. Half way there, it started to pour buckets of fresh water rain. Well, as fresh as you can get. Even if the rain is made up of fresh water, you still have to purify it.
It's terrible what we've done to the environment. But it's good no ones driving, only the dictators, doctors, and some rich people have a car.
They only need a little bit of gas so at least that's a plus.
I stop once I come up to the weeping willow that covers the entrance. The entrance isn't in a wall, but in the ground. I lifted the willow and set it to the side, and with my Earth power, created steps that lined the limestone walls in a spiral. Once I was deep enough inside, I put the willow back and continued to walk down.
To the cave floor it's about 65 meters down and after each step it faded back into the Earth.
I was holding Alex in my arms and he liked to make noises and hear it echo through the cave tunnels.
Once I was down, I walked through the tunnel that would lead me to the main room. I didn't light any of the torches that lined the walls because if anyone saw the light it would be some serious trouble. Once I reached the main room, I lit up the torches that were in there.
The main room is probably the bigger than the biggest ball or grand room in the world. It has some stalactites and stalagmites in beautiful colors. There was a pond or lake or whatever, in the darkest corner of the cave and about 80% of it was blocked off by the stalagmites and stalactites. They were intertwined and made everything foggy so you could be butt naked and no one could see you. Or your nakedness.
I threw my things onto one of the mattresses the lined the walls and took off my jacket.
Looking around, I take it all in. I stretch and let loose my wings. I look at them and frown in disgust. Ew, they are just so dirty and grimy. I walk towards the pond, while stripping off my clothes.
I leave my underwear on before jumping in with my wings extended. The pond is as deep as a swimming pool, being ten feet deep. I swam around and washed my body. Going over to the edge of the pond thing, I grab the bar of soft lavender soap. I stretch my wings and start to gently scrub them, being careful to not disturb any feathers.
Still scrubbing, I see Alex at the edge of the pool/pond looking at me intently with his head on his paws.
"Never thought there was such a thing as perverted wolves." I muttered to myself. Laughing.
♠ ♠ ♠
PLEASE!!! Do not report me or get this chapter deleted. It's just how the character thinks, which is how I think. If it's hard for you to visualize Cynthia, just imagine her as Shakira now but with shorter hair up to her shoulders and dark blue eyes.