Sequel: Mind Games

Animal I Have Become

Prologue

The whole family was in the living room, passing time by doing human things. Alice and Emmett are playing scrabble in the middle of the room, Jasper was sitting next to his wife, simply staring at the floor - very unhuman-like.

Rosalie and Emmett had a huge argument in the morning, and she decided to let steam off by going shopping.

Carlisle and Esme, they were seated in the corner of the room, Carlilse reading the papers and Esme reading her favorite novel.

Ever since Mom died, the family didn't feel complete. They haven't been talking to each other for nine years.

Initially, they blamed themselves for not looking out for Mom - especially Alice and Daddy. But soon after, they started blaming each other and before I know it, everyone started leaving.

Emmett and Rosalie went of to Europe, Alice and Jasper went up to live with Tanya and her family, Carlisle and Esme stayed in Forks as Carlisle didn't want to take a break for so long when he know he could save lives in the hospital. Daddy and I moved in deeper into the woods - the cottage built for him and Mom as a wedding present - and we were out of the face of the earth for nine years.

Jacob would drop by everyday for the past nine years to make sure if I was okay.

I knew that Mom wouldn't want the family to be apart because of her, so I gathered them up - asking them to come for their neice's sake and after much persuasion, with Jacob's help, we were a big family again.

I was in Jacob's arms by the couch when I could feel Daddy keeping a close watch on us from the other couch. I couldn't help but to smile to myself.

Even though it has been nine and a half years now, Daddy was still so protective of me being with Jacob. His eyes didn't leave Jacob's hand over mine.

Daddy, stop it, I thought, frowning at him and his gaze shifted to mine before he shrugged - just enough for a vampire eyes to catch.

"Edward watching us again?" Jacob whispered in my ears and I giggled.

Since vampires have our senses sharpened, Daddy must have heard Jacob because he turned to glare at Jacob. Jacob, however, was too happy with me by his side, that he totally ignored Edward's glare.

That was when we heard Alice shrieked out loud and turned to look at her. In the eyes of a human, she seemed as though she was in a daze but we all knew that Alice was having a vision.

But this vision seemed different than the others because Alice was stiff and Jasper had his hands comfortingly on her shoulders, though his face had a look of pain.

I know Jasper could manipulate feelings or feel how others are feeling. The look of pain in his face must've came from Alice's aura.

Alice blinked and started breathing heavily. The whole family surrounded her.

"What did you see, Alice?" Daddy asked.

"A vampire," she was still breathing heavily but looked up at Daddy.

"You sure?" Daddy asked, his face tight with concern now and Alice nodded her head.

Daddy turned to look at the others. "A vampire who feeds on human blood had just arrived in Forks. He has decided to stay here for a century."

The others looked at each other before looking up at Carlisle, who had been quiet for the whole time.

"And he's already fed on a hiker up in the woods," Alice added, regaining her composure.

"We must try to talk him out of it," Carlisle finally said, with authority in his tone.
♠ ♠ ♠
Please comment.