Sequel: Mind Games

Animal I Have Become

I Love You Jake-ie.

When I woke up the next day, I realized that I was alone in the bedroom. There were a few chatters downstairs, so I got up and walked down the stairs.

I saw Grandpa, Damon and a few unknown people talking and laughing at the same time. Damon must've sensed my presence or something because he turned and smiled widely.

"Ah! The bride is finally awake!"

He walked over to me and pulled me back up the stairs and into the room. I watched as he walked over to the closet and took out a plain red silky dress and handed them to me. With it was a red veil.

"The roses are on the table. I expect you to be outside in two hours time," he pointed to the roses and walked out the door.

"Don't try anything funny." He warned me, his voice serious and dark before he shut the door close.

Marriage, I stared into space with a depressed look. In human years, I am only ten.

I suddenly thought of Jacob and how much hurt he must be in right now. It wasn't fair. I stood and took my cellphone by the table. I clicked Jacob's number that was already on speeddial and waited for a response.

"Hello," Jacob answered - only, his voice sounded different.

"Jake," I said and stopped. What was I suppose to say? There was still silence by the other side of the phone. "Jake, I'm getting married."

"Congratulations. I hope you and Damon lead a blissful life," he spat with sarcasm and I felt tears forcing their way out of me.

"Don't be like this," I begged.

I didn't want him to be angry at me. I was only trying to protect him and everyone around us.

"What do you really want, Renesmee?" his voice was cold and emotionless now.

That stung. He would never call me by my full name.

"I love you Jake-ie-poo," I whispered but that had earned a snort from him.

"You love me, huh? That must be the biggest joke I ever heard in my life."

"You don't understand -" I started.

"No, you don't understand, Renesmee. If you love me, you wouldn't do something to hurt me so bad," he interrupted. "I hope you're happier with Damon. I really do."

I was about to open my mouth but he interrupted again. "I have to go. Don't call me anymore."

And he hung up before I could argue. Putting my phone aside, I felt tears streaming down my cheeks. What would life be without Jacob?

I walked towards the window and looked down at Grandpa Charlie mingling with the guests. I was doomed to live a life with someone I am not in love with. And in the process, Jacob and my family are hurt because of my decision.

But what choice do I have to save the people around me from dying? Damon was much more powerful than any vampires combined. I knew he got his strength from drinking human blood.

The Volturi seem to care more about the people in their fortress than to give a damn about the decline in human race over at Forks.

Jacob doesn't love you anymore, the voice in my head told me and my heart broke into a million different pieces.

After a few moments for me to collect myself, I stood up and took in a deep breath. As long as the people in Forks are safe, I would sacrifice myself for them.

Walking down the stairs with the veil covering my face, I saw that Alice was already downstairs. When she saw me, she quickly walked towards me.

"We can help you leave, Nessie," she whispered and looked outside the door.

I followed her gaze and saw that Emmett and Jasper were in the Jeep, getting ready to bail me out of this wedding in case I changed my mind. Slowly, I shook my head.

"I have to do this, Alice," I said, my voice monotone. I turned to look at Rosalie, who was staring at me with an emotion I couldn't understand. "If it saves you from getting hurt, I'd do it."

Alice was about to protest but I interrupted her and asked where Daddy was.

"I think he's out back," Alice replied solemnly and turned to motion Emmett and Jasper to come back into the house.

I started walking towards the backyard and Alice followed.

"What is Jacob's opinion in this?" she asked and I stopped walking.

The mention of his name seemed to bring the emotion pain into my soul. Slowly, I turned to face Alice. "He doesn't love me anymore," I simply replied with a dead voice and turned to walk away.

I saw Daddy with Damon, he was frowning.

"If you hurt her, I swear I'll kill you," Daddy said in a low voice and Damon seemed to find it amusing.

"I'm ready," I said and both of them turned to face me.

Jacob's POV

I quickly hung up the phone on her and sat down, glaring at the kitchen table. I feel like murdering someone right now - I feel like murdering that leech, Salvatore.

I love you Jake-ie-poo, her voice rang inside my mind and I shook my head.

She loves me indeed, I thought grimly and rolled my eyes.

"Jacob," I heard someone call out.

Turning around, I saw Billy, Sam and the boys looking at me with a sympathetic look. "I'm okay," I lied and turned back to glare at the table.

"No, Jake. You're not okay," Sam said and rested his hand on my shoulder. "We can feel your pain, Jacob. We can go and kill the bloodsucker now. If it helps you feel any better."

I shook my head in protest. "There are humans in the event. We shouldn't expose ourselves to them."

"Why would you care about something as stupid as that when the one you're imprinted to is getting married to a demon?" Paul snapped in irritation and Sam had his hand out to shut him up.

I shook my head again, my head starting to throb. I reached out to rub the bridge of my nose with my eye shut.

I haven't been sleeping for the whole of last night. Everytime I try to shut my eyes, I can see her face in my sleep. And it hurts like hell.

It's worse than dying.

I love you Jake-ie-poo, her voice rang in my head again.

That was when I realized that I didn't even told her that I love her with my life. Maybe I should go to the wedding to see if she really is going to marry him. A little hesitation is all I need to stop the wedding.

I stood up and turned to my brothers.

"Let us go."
♠ ♠ ♠
Thanks guys for the awesome comments! I couldn't have written a new chapter without your support!

So keep the comments coming, please?