Sequel: Mind Games

Animal I Have Become

Hunger

Damon stopped walking and I looked up to see a huge red mansion. I knew almost immediately that this was the house he had 'bought'. I felt him moving beside me and I turned and watched as he walked towards the gate and punched in some numbers.

There was a clicking sound and Damon took a step back as the gate opened.

"Help me out here," Damon said, motioning for me to come.

He was holding on his stomach, his back rested against the wall next to the gate. I made my way slowly towards him and he wrapped his arm around my neck for support.

"Why should I help you," I muttered and he tried to strangle me with his arm around me.

"Because you belong to me now," he whispered with venom before letting go of his grip. "Don't you forget that."

We walked inside the mansion and I realized that it was bigger than it looked from the outside.

Antique furnitures were around the place. It had some sort of a gothic feel to it. And to add to that, not much sunlight can be reached inside the house - it was just nice for a vampire like Damon.

"Ahhh, home," Damon sat on the couch, putting his leg up on the couch as well.

He turned to look at me and motioned for me to come close. When I didn't move, he sighed and stood up, walking towards me.

"How many times do I have to tell you that I won't hurt you?" he asked, faking his disappointment.

You just hurt me a moment ago, I thought sarcastically.

He seemed to have heard that somehow because he shook his head and gave a one-sided smile. He wrapped his arm around my waist and was about to lean in for another kiss, but I moved my head away causing him to kiss my neck.

To my surprise, he didn't move from my neck and I could feel him taking in a deep breath in pleasure.

"You smell so good," he noted making small kisses on my neck. "And I'm not talking about your perfume."

With all my strength, I jerked myself away and pushed him away. It probably had caught him by surprise because he stumbled backwards and looked up at me with wide eyes.

"You hurt him," I glared. "You promised not to hurt anyone!"

I heard him scoff and he turned around to walk towards the couch.

"No," he dragged the word with enthusiasm, shaking his index finger. "What I did to the dog wasn't called hurt."

"You haven't seen hurt in my dictionary," he sat down and looked up at me with another stupid smile.

I rolled my eyes behind his back and went up the stairs. I saw that there was a library in the mansion, so I went in and find a place to hide from him. I know it was impossible, but since the library was big, I finally found a space to hide and sit. I didn't want to have sex with him. It was out of the question.

Darkness came a few hours later and I heard my stomach grumble. Instinctively, I rubbed my stomach and frowned.

"I found you," someone whispered behind me, causing me to jump and fall on my butt.

I looked up to see a smirking Damon - he had changed into another pair of clothes. He stood straight up, his hands behind his back.

"I assume you wish to have dinner," Damon said.

I was about to refuse but my stomach betrayed me again. Damon bent down and grabbed my hand, pulling me up to my feet.

"Let's go hunt," he sighed and pulled me out of the room.

"No," I tried pulling myself away from him, but his grip was just as firm as it was before. "Let me go!"

"We're just going to have dinner! Stop being so troublesome!" He stopped and made me turn to face him, his face showed signs of irritation.

I looked around and saw that we were back in the forest and immediately, I knew what he meant by having 'dinner'.

"I am not hunting an innocent person!" I almost growled under my breath.

I heard him scoff and turned to look at me.

"Innocent?" he repeated my word in mocking horror. "Nessie, these humans - they're not innocent. They're cruel vicious creatures, like us."

"Us?" I shook my head in annoyance. "I am nothing like you."

"You drink blood - not human - but blood all the same. You're a monster like me," he smiled, almost proud of himself.

I was about to speak when I heard footsteps coming closer towards us. Laughter was followed soon after. I turned in horror when I saw a bunch of stoned teens sat down next to a huge tree.

"You promised not to drain any human!" I exclaimed.

Damon half-smiled and turned to look at me. "I promised not to hunt anyone in your ground. I didn't promise anything about hunting outside your territory."

Silently, I gasped not taking my eyes off of him.

"If you're hungry, you'd come and hunt with me," Damon was about to turn but he stopped. "Or you can choose to remain hungry for as long as it takes. Since you're living with me, you are not to take any animal blood."

I stood rigid as I watched him attack the now screaming teenagers as he drained the life out of them. He was holding the last one in hand before he looked up to me. He wiped his bloody lips and stood up, pulling the body towards me.

"Drink up," he said, throwing the body towards me.

I looked down to see small movements from the guy. I could feel tears starting to form in my eyes.

"Please don't," the guy begged, his voice soft and trembling. "Please."

"Drink up!" Damon's voice boomed and I shook my head, tears rolling down my cheek.

Damon shook his head as he bent down and grabbed the guy's jacket. "If you won't, then I will."

Damon didn't let me eat or drink anything after the incident in the forest.

Everyday, he'd bring me out to hunt and everyday, I'd refuse. I don't know how long I can take without drinking or eating. Energy seemed to be leaving my body and I felt weaker as each day passed on by.

And everyday I watch him drink the blood of humans, everyday the urge to attack someone becomes stronger.

I was lying down on the floor facing the ceiling of the mansion. I couldn't talk, I couldn't move and my breath was detoriating. As a vampire, it could probably be another way to die. But I didn't care.

I didn't know what was happening outside the mansion. I didn't know what was happening to my family - to Jacob. Were they living their life without me? Were they happy without me? Or had they forgotten about my existance?

"Look at you," his voice snapped me out of my thoughts.

My eyes rolled up to see him standing above me. I exhaled and stared back at the ceiling, trying my best to block out his cockiness.

"It's pathetic!" his voice raised at the second word.

I felt him carry me up bridal style as he set me down on the bed.

"Are you going to hunt or not?" he questioned and then sighed when he saw me shaking my head weakly.

After a moment of watching me, I heard him sigh out loud.

"You are such a pain," he mumbled and I watched him bite his wrist.

He put his wrist on my mouth and I could feel blood dripping into my mouth. I tried to move away, squeaking as I did so, but he held on to me, not moving his wrist away.

"Listen to me," he stared into my eyes. "Drink up my blood now and don't move."

My body betrayed me as I grabbed his arm and drank from his wrist.

"That's it," he whispered, pushing hair out of my face, finger-combing them at the same time. "Drink up, honey."
♠ ♠ ♠
Comment please