Sequel: Mind Games

Animal I Have Become

Power

I could hear the birds chirping from outside the house - only, it was louder and a little high-pitched. I moved my head to the side, feeling my head throb to the sounds around me. It seemed as though I could hear even the slightest sound made.

I groaned and rubbed my forehead; carefully open my eyes.

"You'll get used to it," I heard Damon say.

I turned to see him sitting on a chair behind a desk, reading the newspaper. Slowly and wobbly, I got out of bed.

"What did you do to me?" I demanded, glaring at him.

"Nothing. You didn't want to hunt," he shook his head. "I simply gave you another alternative - my blood."

"Creep!" I screamed, grabbing a book by the side table and throwing it towards his direction.

He ducked the book swiftly and laughed.

"Come on, Nessie," he was behind me within a second, pushing my hair back. "You know you enjoyed it."

"No, you forced it on me," I frowned, turning to face him.

He shook his head and smiled. "Yeah, but you took it anyway."

My stomach grumbled again.

Why was I still hungry after drinking his blood last night?

"I drained a few humans and I need some of the Power for my own personal use. What you had from me won't even last you for a day," Damon said as though things were so simple.

"Power?" I repeated his word in confusion.

Daddy or the others have never talked about Power. I know that we are changed into a vampire, we might get certain abilities. Plus I know that Daddy could read minds, Alice could see the future, Jasper has the ability to control emotions and me - I can project images into other people minds.

"Yeah," Damon nodded his head, getting excited just to explain to me what Power was. "You know; mind-reading, speed - that kind of thing."

"But that's impossible," I noted but he shook his head.

"Drinking animal blood only gives you limited Power. But with human blood, you can have everything you can never imagine! You'd be the strongest none-living living thing."

I shook my head, not wanting to believe his words. Deep down, I knew that he was telling the truth.

I could feel it in my guts. I could hear things I can never hear.

I quickly turned and saw him walking - more like speeding - towards me.

"See? You could sense me getting close to you before I did that," Damon gave his one-sided smirk.

Maybe the only way to get out of here was to use him. So I smiled back.

"You're right," I faked an agreement. "You should go hunting tonight. And I'll go with you."

I saw him tilt his head to the side in surprise.

"You're going hunting with me?" he asked in disbelief.

Slowly, I nodded my head and walked towards him. "You should teach me how to hunt - I've never hunted before in my life."

He faked a laugh as he grabbed my hair and buried his face on the crook of my neck. "But why the sudden change of attitude?"

Busted, I thought. But I had to think of a way.

"I want to become strong - powerful. I can feel it in my bones," I told a partial lie as he gave small kisses on my neck.

"Oh you have no idea of the power you possess, Nessie," he whispered and I felt his fangs but he didn't really bite me.

Sorry Jacob, I thought as I pulled his head away by grabbing his hair and planted a kiss on his lips.

He seemed taken aback at first because he was rigid for a few seconds. I licked the edge of his lips, wanting an entry into his mouth. And he let me.

"Aren't you a nasty girl," Damon seemed amused but I faked a moan, not pulling away from the kiss.

I walked forward and he walked back, not breaking apart from the kiss. I felt my teeth start to change and without thinking twice, I bit his lips.

In response, he jumped in surprise but nevertheless smiled through the kiss.

His blood tastes good - it tastes like barbequed chicken; which happens to be my favorite.

In favor to that, he pulled away as blood dripped from his lips and he turned to look at his wrist and then to me.

He smiled and bit his wrist causing it to bleed, pulling me closer to him and then placing his wrist on my mouth.

I don't know why I did what I did next, but I raised my hand and bit my own wrist - the way he had done so earlier. He grabbed my hand with pleasure and without thinking twice, he leaned down to drink from my bloody wrist and I, his.

After drinking my fill, I pushed him onto the bed and started taking off my clothes. I licked on my vampire teeth with seduction. He didn't look amused anymore. In fact, he looked as though he was enjoying this.

I got on top of him and started kissing him again.

Stop it, my mind scolded me.

No and you can't stop me, my alter ego retorted.

You're going to have sex with a psychotic vampire! And you're betraying Jacob!

Jacob.

Jacob.

I snapped back into sense and looked down at Damon who was now breathing heavily. Quickly, I got out of bed and grabbed my clothes that were on the floor.

"Why'd you stop?" Damon coughed and breathed as he sat up on the bed, his hair a mess.

"Why do it now, when we have eternity?" I faked a tease and was in the bathroom within a second.

Even I was amazed at myself for being in the bathroom with such great speed. I wore my clothes before washing my face twice.

Looking up to face the mirror, I saw a different person in the mirror. She looked like the girl from my dreams.

No, I told myself looking away from the mirror in disgust.

Dreams are not real. I would never let myself to become that girl from my dreams. I would never betray Jacob or my family like that.

Would I?
♠ ♠ ♠
Comments would be appreciated! Oh, and if you could, please join my contest!