Sequel: Mind Games

Animal I Have Become

Newborns

Image

As soon as I stepped into the mansion - with Damon's help, much to my disdain - I noticed about a couple of people inside the house.

I turned to look at Damon for an explanation. Instead, I watch as he looked at the other people with excitement. He had that look in his eyes - the look of a five-year-old getting his first bicycle.

When he realized that I was looking at him, he turned to me and fidgetted a little with a playful smile.

"I turned them all by myself," he finally confessed and starting grinning like an idiot. "I must admit, it took a hell lot of strength to do that."

Instead, I stared at him in disbelief. He ignored me and looked at the newborn vampires with excitement.

"I figured that others might want to hurt us, so I changed these insignificant humans to be our slaves," Damon paused and turned to look at me with scrutiny.

"The only person outsiders are after is you, Damon," I said without emotions and walked up the stairs.

"Come on. Give me credit for thinking about us," he followed me up the stairs with his cocky tone.

"Oh, you want me to thank you?" I stopped on my tracks and turned to him, causing him to bump into me.

He nodded his head, his stupid smile not leaving his face.

"Thank you," I paused and watch as he smiled even wider to himself.

"Thank you for ruining my life," I spat with sarcasm and the smile dropped.

I kept looking into his eyes and I knew that he was actually controlling his temper. He was biting the insides of his cheek, his eyes narrowing. I could've sworn that he would actually hit me or something - but he didn't.

Instead, he faked a chuckle and waved his index finger towards me.

"Fiesty," he concluded. "I like that."

"Come on sweetie. It's dinnertime," he reached out and grabbed my arms pulling me down the stairs with him.

I tried to pull myself away from him, but as usual, he was stronger than I am. He stopped in the middle of the huge living room and bit his own wrist.

I could feel my stomach grumble as soon as the smell of his blood hits the air. I could hear the other newborns hissing with pleasure from the smell. But as soon as Damon glared at them, they quickly left the room.

He turned towards me and put out his wrist towards my face, making the smell of his blood irresistable.

"Do you want it or not?" he asked, getting a little impatient.

I stared at the oozing blood gushing out of his wrist. The smell of blood made my stomach grumble even louder causing Damon to grin.

"Don't say you don't, because you're stomach is telling me otherwise."

Damon was right when he told me how human blood was much more stronger than animal blood. Animal blood was like living on tofu.

Just as I was about to grab his hand, the faces of my real family appeared on my mind.

Carlisle, Alice - Daddy.

They would be really disappointed in me if I gave in to Damon's sick games.

I quickly shook my head, hissing in anger and turned to run up the stairs with such speed.

"Okay," Damon dragged the word from downstairs. "Don't say I didn't offer!"

I huffed with irritation and went into the bedroom and curl up into a ball, forcing myself to go to sleep. I could hear Damon flirting with a few newborn vampires downstairs, but I couldn't care less.

I wanted Daddy to tell me that things would be okay. I need Jacob's warm arms wrapping themselves around my body and I needed to hear him whisper sweet nothings into my ears.

I shouldn't have taken my life for granted. If there was any way for me to let them know how I feel, I would be contented enough to live this blasted life with Damon.

A few days seemed to pass on by and I watched as Damon told the newborns what to do. He would flirt with two female newborns and sometimes at night, I could hear moanings coming from the room across the hall.

Might I add, they belonged to both Damon and the two female newborns.

Did I forget to mention that there four females in which, two were for even days and the other two were for odds?

And I keep thinking to myself why he even bothered marrying me if this was all he wanted.

I felt myself becoming weaker as the days passed by too. I kept refusing to drink his blood or any human blood - for that matter. In the end, he gave up on me.

Today would be the fifth day since Damon gave up - thirteen days including his days of persuasion.

I decided that maybe lying down on the bed, staring at the red ceiling isn't a bad idea after all. Although I do have to admit that the red ceiling does remind me of blood.

I sighed out loud and covered my face with a pillow and my stomach grumbled again. I thought of ordering pizza secretly or something - being part human does have its advantages.

Just as I was about to reach for the pillow on my face, I heard the door creaked open and the scent of fresh blood filled the air.

I could feel my teeth start to change. I sat straight up and saw that Damon was carrying a tray of cups towards me.

"Animal blood," Damon said and rolled his eyes with disgust as he settled the tray on the bed.

I stared at the cups on the tray before looking up at Damon with surprise.

:"I had to drain a deer, a mountain lion and a skunk using my teeth," he said pointing to the different cups.

"And I didn't like the last choice of animal either," Damon shook a little with disgust. "But those were the only animals I could find for the last two hours."

"Why?" I managed to croaked and he stood up.

"Because I don't want you to die," he said with such seriousness before he added with his cocky tone, "Besides, what fun would you be if you're so weak?"

"Damon," I called out as he was about to walk out of the room. "Thank you."

"You should be," he scoffed and walked out of the room.

[Damon's POV]

"So what role should I be in tonight?" a redhead newborn playfully kissed my nose, not breaking any eye contact with me.

"Not today," I mumbled massaging my temples.

"Oh come on. No play for me either?" a raven haired newborn asked from behind as she slipped her hands inside my black tee.

I smiled with interest when I heard light footsteps making their way towards the room I was in. The redhead sat on me and kissed on my lips with such passion. I couldn't help but to return the kiss.

"Are you sure?" she teased.

"Damon," the familiar voice called out and I looked up to see Nessie looking at the other girls before her gaze rested on mine.

"Here to join the party?" I asked and grinned.

I saw a frown appear on her face but she shook the feeling off causing me to smile even more.

"I'm here to tell you that I should be heading to school. It's been a few days and I can't afford to miss it," she said.

My eyes went down to the bagpack she was carrying.

"Well, try to have fun in school!" I faked an enthusiasm before adding in a whisper quiet enough for her to hear. "Though I don't see the need to. I mean, you're going to be learning the same things every year."

She seemed to have fake a laugh to my sarcasm but walked out of the house, nonetheless.

As soon as she was gone, I pushed the other female newborns in disgust.

"You disgust me," I stood up and sneered at them. "We're through."
♠ ♠ ♠
EDIT: I just added the character list. So check it out if you want to!

Thank you so much for the lovely comments guys! Keep them coming cuz I love the feedbacks!

Oh, like I mentioned before. If you want me to read/comment any of your stories, let me know in a comment or something and let me get back to you on it! : )