Sequel: Mind Games

Animal I Have Become

Confrontation

"Can I borrow her for awhile?" Daddy asked.

Leo shook his head before looking at me. "I'll see you in class, alright?"

I nodded my head in response and watched him walk into the building. Then I turned to look at Daddy, who is now frowning.

"What?" I asked, forcing myself to smile.

"I need to ask you something important," he paused.

I didn't know where this conversation was going. I looked over his shoulder and saw Alice and Jasper making their way towards us.

"Okay," I dragged the word.

"And I need you to answer me with honesty -"

"What is this about?" I interrupted him as Alice and Jasper stood on his side.

"Did you drink Damon's blood?" The question hit me like a bullet.

I turned to glare at Alice and she quickly looked down at her feet. I turned to look at Jasper who simply stared back at me without any emotions on his face.

"Who told you?" I breathed out, a little scared of how he would react.

Daddy kept quiet - just kept looking at me. He wasn't breathing, he wasn't even blinking. My eyes gazed down at his balled fist before looking back into his eyes.

The next thing I know, he burst out a forced laughter.

That isn't a good sign.

"You're kidding, right?" he chuckled. "Please tell me you're kidding."

"I'm sorry, Daddy," I whispered, my head hung low.

"No," Daddy shook his head, taking a step back. "No, I refuse to believe this. My daughter will never do such a thing to disgrace me."

That stung.

"Edward," Alice was now speaking as she reached out for Daddy but he jerked his arms away from her with sudden force.

"She won't do this to disgace the family."

"I really am sorry," I walked towards him but he shook his head.

"I am going to kill that bastard!" Daddy roared turning to walk towards his silver Volvo.

"No!" I screamed running towards him.

"Let me go, Renesmee Carlie Cullen," he turned to glare at me with anger.

"Don't," I pleaded with him.

I didn't want him to get himself killed. Damon was still stronger than he was. It would be a no-brainer to take him on.

People around us were watching our 'drama'.

"You're protecting him now?" Daddy roared, causing me to flinch.

That one hurt even more. How could he even entertain such thoughts of me protecting Damon?

"You and me, we're going to visit him now," Daddy reached out to grab my hand.

"Let me go!" I cried a little weak.

I struggled to break myself free. Alice and Jasper came to pull us away from each other. That was when someone else's hand grabbed Daddy's.

"Hey man, let her go," Leo said.

"You let me go before I do something I regret," Daddy warned the latter.

"Dude, you're hurting her," Leo answered.

I could see him trying to pull Daddy's grip off of me. I could hear a low gutteral growl coming from Daddy - what happened next happened really fast for me to react.

Daddy let go of his grip on me, grabbed Leo by the shirt and slammed the latter against his Volvo, causing the window to crack. Daddy's face was a few inches away from Leo's neck.

"EDWARD!" Alice bellowed in an angry tone.

There was silence everywhere as the two boys stare at each other.

"Stay out of my affairs with her," Daddy hissed next to Leo's ear before he pushed the latter to the side.

"Don't you call on me anymore, Renesmee," Daddy said walking out of the school's compound.

"Oh my God! Are you okay?" I ran towards Leo who was on the floor obviously in pain.

"Umph! Ow ow ow!" Leo groaned in pain. "I think I need the school's nurse."

"Jasper, can you please take him?" I asked with a pleading look.

Jasper nodded his head as he went over to Leo, helped the latter up and they walked into the building. As soon as they were inside the school, I turned to look at Alice with anger.

"How did he found out?"

"It wasn't me, I promise!" Alice shook her head innocently. "Stefan came to the house and told him!"

I shook my head in annoyance, rubbing the bridge of my nose.

"Tell me something, though," I said and Alice looked at me with a questioning look.

"He was about to take a bite of Leo, didn't he?"

Pursing her lips, Alice nodded her head with a solemn look. I sighed and turned to walk away.
♠ ♠ ♠
No one messes with Edward! LOL.
Special thanks to Kayla, JaspersGirl108 and Hot_Mess for their wonderful comments!