Sequel: Mind Games

Animal I Have Become

Teach Me Hunting

Image

"What if there's another vampire in town?" Jasper spoke up.

"No," I saw Alice's lips twitched a little before she shook her head. "If it was another vampire, I would've seen them or something."

"We don't know anything for sure unless Carlisle confirms with us that it is another vampire attack," Esme added with patience.

I shook my head and headed for the door.

"Where are you going?" Alice asked and everyone's eyes were on me.

"I'm going to ask Damon," I replied earning a forced laughter from Rosalie.

"You're going back to the animal who broke his promise?" she shook her head, eyeing me with fake sympathy.

I took huge steps towards Rosalie and glare at her in the eyes, feeling my canine teeth shake with anger. Emmett immediately went in between us, his hand out towards me.

I felt my face fall when he did that.

Emmett of all the people I know actually thought that I was going to hurt his wife - my aunt. He must've seen the hurt on my face because his arms dropped.

"I didn't - "

"I know exactly what that meant," I interrupted turning around, blinking back tears that were starting to come.

"It was instincts, Nessie," Alice soothed me but I jerked myself away from her.

"I would never hurt any of you. Never," I looked at each one of them. "But now I know what you see me as - a monster."

"How could you say that?" Esme asked, walking up towards me but I walked backwards just so she couldn't reach me. "We love you, Nessie."

"If you think we see you as a monster, what does that make us?" Alice added.

"You think that just because I married Damon, I'm turning into the female version of him?" I shook my head, feeling all the frustrations in me let go. "I married him so everyone in town would be safe. And that includes my family."

"We know that, Nes -"

"Do you?" I interrupted, glaring at Emmett.

There was silence between us as a family. I was silently taking deep breaths - just to let myself calm down.

"Why drink his blood then? Explain that," Rosalie broke the silence -more venom in her voice.

I saw Emmett elbowing his wife lightly on the arm but Rosalie kept glaring at me.

"I don't need to explain myself to any of you," I laughed out loud before the smile left my face. "Since you think I'm a monster, then I'll be glad to show that you could be right."

I turned to walk away and felt someone hold onto my shoulder. I grabbed the hand in anger, turning to make a gutteral growl at whoever dared to stop me from leaving the house - Alice.

Slowly, I let her hand go and turned away, forcing my canine teeth to be back to its normal blunt teeth. Then without looking back, I stomped out of the door.

So much for wanting to check in on my family.

"Had fun with your new boyfriend?" I could hear the sarcasm in Damon's voice as soon as I stepped inside the mansion.

There was another two female newborns - each on his side - just carressing his face.

"Did you break your promise to me?" I stomped towards him and the two newborns crouched, getting ready to attack me.

I saw the smirk left his face as he stood up, grabbing both females and pulling them closer to him.

"What are you talking about?" he seemed confused by my question.

"Did you break your promise to me about attacking humans in Forks?" I repeated myself.

"I have no idea what you're talking about," Damon shook his head.

"Don't lie to me, Damon!" I yelled pushing him and he stumbled backwards.

I saw his face fell before it was replaced with anger.

"I do not break my promises," he walked towards me, his posture showed every sign of anger. "Whether you want to believe it or not, wifey. That is up to you."

Then, he broke out a smile. I couldn't help but to sigh in irritation. I really can't tell whether he's telling the truth or not.

Then, within a second, I felt tears rolling down my cheeks. That had caused his smirk to disappear from his face again.

I quickly turned around and ran up the stairs and into my room within a few seconds. I shut the door close and sat on the floor with my back against the door. All the years of sadness and anger came rolling out.

Did today really happen? Did I really just threatened my family?

"You know you can't lock me out," that voice said again. "Not really, anyway."

I looked up front by the window and saw Damon standing there with a small smile. He walked up towards me, taking small careful steps.

I rolled my eyes and covered my face again. There was no way I was going to cry in front of him. No way I will.

"You can't really hide the fact that you're crying, Nessie. I can smell them from downstairs. And as much as I want to suck them off from you, I won't," I felt him sit next to me, resting his back against the door too.

I sniffed and peeked at him to see that he was resting his head against the door, staring at the ceiling.

"What happened?" he turned to look at me, pursing his lips and his eyes showed interest.

I shook my head in response and buried my face in between my arms again. I heard him sigh before he stood up.

"Alright then. Keep those feelings to yourself," he paused to let his words sink in. "But believe me. It would eat you alive."

I could hear him walking away but I stood up.

"Wait!"

He stopped but didn't turn to look at me.

"I want you to teach me to hunt a human," the words came crawling out before I had the time to stop myself.

"Did I really just hear you say that?" he turned to look at me, his eyes wide and he seemed bewildered by my sudden request.

I waited for him to answer. But he kept looking at me with those wide eyes.

"If you can't, then I'll go ask someone else," I turned but he was already in front of me.

This time, he was smiling down at me as he reached out to carress my face with such gentleness.

"Now, when have I ever rejected your requests, my dear?" he whispered before leaning down to kiss my forehead.
♠ ♠ ♠
Thanks JaspersGirl108 for your comment!

The next chapter is going to be a lot more fun now that Nessie has asked Damon to teach her hunt!

Comments would be much appreciated or I won't post the next chapter up : P

PS: Leo's cahracter is out over at Characters. Go check it! : )