Sequel: Mind Games

Animal I Have Become

The Meadow

"I told you not to open the door!" Daddy's grip on my arm was tight and painful.

He dragged me towards the living room before he made me look at him. There was such anger in his eyes. Anger I have not seen before.

"Why did you open the door, Nessie?" Daddy growled, not taking his hands off me.

"You're hurting me!" I tried to pull myself away from him but he didn't let go.

"What if he killed you? What would I do without you?" He shook me so hard, I swear my head could fall off.

"You're hurting her!" Jacob had pulled Daddy away from me.

"And you!" Daddy pointed an accusing finger to my boyfriend. "I told you to take care of her!"

"Don't you go blaming this on me again," Jacob warned.

"If you were watching her, this wouldn't even happen!" Daddy had grabbed my arms again.

"Edward," Carlisle had spoken since Damon Salvatore left but Daddy wasn't listening.

"Let go!" I screamed, mustering up all my anger and new-found strength and finally broke free from Daddy's grip.

"I'm old enough to think for myself!" I felt tears forcing their way out of my eyes as I glared at Daddy.

"You're only ten, in human years!" Daddy yelled.

"I told you to stop screaming at her!" Jacob pushed Daddy back. Daddy striked back and they were both on the ground in a second.

"Stay the hell out of my daughter's affair!"

"Not when you're hurting her like that!"

I felt someone's comforting hand on my shoulders and when I turned, it had belonged to Alice. She gave me one small smile before looking up.

Carlisle and Emmett were trying to break the fight up while Jasper stood in the corner. I could feel his manipulation take place. Slowly, I felt strangely calm.

"Stop manipulating my feelings!" Jacob, Daddy and I said as we glared at Jasper, causing him to jump a little.

"Stop it! Stop it! Stop it!" I screamed as I thought of Mom and how disappointed she would feel if she saw this family break apart for the second time in nine years.

I guess Alice must have seen the images projected in my mind because she squeezed my shoulders lightly - as a sign to tell me that everything would be alright.

Daddy and Jacob's eyes are on me.

"Please stop fighting! And stop treating me like I'm a kid!" I turned around and ran towards the open front door.

"Nessie!" Everyone in the house shouted for my name but I didn't care anymore.

I couldn't stand another second in the house so I ran into the woods.

I ran and ran, taking wherever my feet took me. And for that few seconds in my life, I felt free. I felt at ease.

My feet seemed to have stopped moving. When I looked up, I noticed that I was in a meadow. I felt myself breath in the athmosphere.

This must've been the place where Daddy first showed Mom what he really is. I used to love listening to the same story told by Mom when she was alive. She had promised to take me to the meadow. The place where she found some peace when Daddy wasn't there.

But she died before she could do that. And not once did Daddy brought me up here. Not once, did he mention about it ever since Mom passed.

Slowly, I lay on the grass and stared into the sky, taking in the beautiful scenery before me. It was beautiful - just like Mom had pictured it for me.

Mom, her face clouded my mind as I thought about her. What would she tell me if she knew I was feeling this way? I remembered how she still showered me with love, even though I almost killed her during childbirth.

If I wasn't brought into this world, she wouldn't have died. The Volturi wouldn't even kill her because of me. Sure, they left when they saw how many vampires were there to vouch for my innocence. But as soon as the vampires left, they came back.

I heard a crow croaking and when I turn to my left, I saw a black crow looking at me with it's black familiar eyes. This didn't look like a normal crow because it is slightly bigger than what it should've been. Plus, it seems to be looking at me like a human would.

"You know," I jumped and turned to see Damon Salvatore on my right. "The tears doesn't look good on you at all."

I quickly went on my feet and took a few steps back. "How did you get here?" I asked and I watched his every move like a hawk would to it's prey.

"If you thought that I was following you, you can stop your day-dreaming," Damon smirked as he sat on the grass and took in the sunlight. "Because I found this place even before you got here."

I frowned a little. So he had been here since I got here and been watching me?

"Relax. I'm not going to hurt you," he said, his dark eyes looking at me before he smiled and patted on the grass on his left as a way to tell me to sit.

Instead, I just stood up and crossed my arms.

He seemed to have realized that I still consider him a threat because he shook his head with a sarcastic smile. "I didn't know you and your family are the vegetarian types. Really."

"Why did you come?" I remembered Carlisle's question and before a second could pass by, Damon was already by my side, his hands pushing my hair to the back of my ears.

I held my breath, reminding myself to not aggravate this vampire who could be older than Daddy and stronger than Daddy.

"Because I don't want to see my brother getting married to her," Damon whispered in my ears. He walked away and sat down again. "But enough about me. Why are you here?"

"I just want everyone to stop treating me like a child," I mumbled and he heard it because he tilted his head up and laughed - only, his laugh was dark and devious.

"Ahh. They sound just like my father. Rich and controlling."

I looked up at him with a little understanding. When he patted on the grass next to him again, I didn't stop to think. Instead, I went to sit next to him.
♠ ♠ ♠
Special thanks to Copper Dagger for her comment!

Now, you, the one who is reading this. If you like this, or want to read more chapters, PLEASE COMMENT! ; )