Sequel: Mind Games

Animal I Have Become

Ignore One Another

Image

I was sitting at the school's cafeteria with Leo when I saw Kathy walking in. I smiled and waved for her to come. She seemed to have seen us together and her face darkened. Nevertheless, she walked towards our table.

"Hey Kat! Come on and join us!" I said.

"Leo, we haven't hung out for so long!" she ignored me and smiled at Leo instead.

Leo put down his sandwich and smiled back. He looked kind of uncomfortable to be talking to her. It was as though they had some sort of private argument with each other. Whatever it was, he didn't speak. He just smiled.

I turned to look at Kathy's smile turning upside down. It was replaced with a moment of anger but she shook it off.

"I should go now," Kathy turned to look at her group of friends waiting for her. "I'll see you later okay?"

That wasn't meant to be for me. It was meant for Leo.

How arrogant of her to be ignoring me the whole time!

She turned around without acknowledging me and I stared at her walking away.

"Did she just ignored me?" I asked out loud.

"I think she did," Leo replied with a small laugh before he continued eating on his sandwich.

"But what did I ever do to deserve the silent treatment?"

Leo arched an eyebrow as though the answer to my question was that obvious. I frowned back at him before he let out another small chuckle.

"Come on," Leo paused. "You two haven't been hanging out since I arrived to this school!"

The straw to the can of Pepsi was halfway towards my mouth and I stopped whatever I was doing. I turned to look at Leo with utter disbelief.

But to think about his words thoughtfully, I realized that they were true.

I haven't been talking to her at all. And most of the time, I was always with Leo - who happens to be her best friend. And possibly the person she has a crush on.

Maybe that's why she ignored me.

I heard the door swing open and that familiar scent hit the air. It wasn't a scent of a human - it was a scent of a new vampire. I tensed for a moment but when the footsteps of that particular person seemed to be walking towards my direction, I forced myself to turn around.

When I saw that it was Stefan, my shoulders relaxed before I glared at him with a warning that I will kick his ass if he talks to me. He seemed to have missed my glare because he was looking at Leo for a moment before he stopped in front of me.

"Nessie," he greeted me.

"It's Renesmee. Only people I like call me Nessie," I snapped, hoping that he would take a hint - but no such luck.

"Renesmee," he corrected himself, before he looked up at Leo.

"I'm Leo," Leo introduced himself and I watched as they shook hands.

"Stefan," Stefan replied before he gazed back at me. "Can I speak to you for a second?"

"Pssshhh," I rolled my eyes. "I don't think so."

There was a moment of silence between all three of us.

"I - have something up," Leo took the silence as a hint to leave us alone. "I'll see you later, Nessie."

As soon as Leo was out the cafeteria, Stefan took over his seat and looked at me in the eye with a judgemental look.

"You drank," he stated firmly but I quickly looked away and he took that as a yes. "You shouldn't have."

"Why do you care about what I do?" I spat with venom but did not look at him.

"Damon is a bad guy, Renesmee -"

He seems to catch on fast with the name threat, I thought.

" - You shouldn't live with him or -"

"Or what? I'll become him?" I stood up, suddenly furious over this stranger. "Don't you give a damn about me and my life! It's not yours, or anyone else's to control!"

He seemed taken aback but I quickly took my things and walked away fast, feeling the blood rush up to my face as people around watched me leave.

I walked into Biology where Mr Arnold was already in class, preparing for the lesson. I felt eyes watching me and they whispered gossips about me.

"I heard Edward and her broke up." "... Edward's jealous of her new mysterious boyfriend." "The hot but mysterious exchange student talked to her. It must be her boyfriend."

Exchange student? Must be Stefan, I thought grimly.

I watched as Daddy walked into class and bravely took a seat next to me. I was surprised by his actions but did not turn to look at him either.

"Nessie," he called out but I ignored him.

He reached out for my arm but I pulled away before he could touch me. I turned to look at him with apathy. Somehow he seemed puzzled by behavior.

The others didn't tell him, I thought with a frown.

"What didn't the others tell me?" Daddy demanded but he wasn't raising his voice either.

With a mental shrug, I turned and faced the front.

Daddy tried talking to me throughout the lesson but I replied with a one-word answer. I think it kind of irritates him but I didn't care.

If it's a rebel everyone at home is looking for, it's a rebel they'll get.

Once the bell rang, I was on my feet on my way out the door. Footsteps followed me from behind.

Footsteps I knew were from my father.

Leo was already waiting for me outside the classroom. He looked over my shoulder and his eyes widen for a moment.

"Nessie, what are you not telling me?" Daddy seemed a little stressed over my attitude over him.

We were all out the school by now so I stopped curtly and turned to face Daddy with burning anger.

"I'll call you later, okay Leo?" I hinted for him to leave before I blew my top.

Leo nodded and walked away leaving me and Daddy to ourselves.

"First of all, your whole speech about me not being -" I stopped myself from saying 'your daughter'. "And you didn't even apologize to Leo for hurting him the other day!"

I turned spotted Damon standing next to his open-top car - probably waiting for me. He smiled another one of his smile when he saw that I had seen him.

I smiled back, forgetting that Daddy was still standing next to me.

"What is he doing here," Daddy's breat got uneven.

I watched as Daddy stomped towards Damon with clenched fist. I quickly ran as fast as I could - in human speed - just in time to stand in between the two male vampires.

"Stop it!" I screamed to Daddy, causing him to step back in surprise.

"Stop controlling my life! Stop it!" I yelled, forcing back the tears that were starting to show.

Someone's hand snaked their way around mine and our fingers entwined. I looked and saw Damon looking at me as he gave me a gentle squeeze. I wiped off my tears and glared at Daddy.

"And leave me the hell alone!"

I pulled away from Damon and got inside his car, not turning to look at Daddy.

Within seconds, Damon was turning on the ignition, driving us out of the parking lot - leaving Daddy to himself.

What a funny day today is. Kathy was ignoring me and now I'm ignoring my family.
♠ ♠ ♠
Kinda long! But it had to be done. Sorry if this one's kind of boring to you!

Comments are appreciated! Please tell me what I should improve on. I want to make this story the best I can for you!

Special thanks and dedication to:JaspersGirl108 , Kayla , Heaven Help Us , Hot_Mess & nemessis for your wonderful comments!