Sequel: Mind Games

Animal I Have Become

Weird

Image

"Jacob, what are you doing here?" I asked as soon as the both of us stood outside the building.

Jacob faked an agitated laugh, with his arms on his hips and looking at anything else but me. "How's your new life with your beloved husband?" he spat.

"You didn't mean that," I frowned at him but he nodded his head.

"That's exactly what I meant, Nessie," he started pacing about, taking deep breaths to calm himself down. "While you were outside busy romancing with that bloodsucker, I've been thinking about you."

He stopped walking, his hands in his pocket and his back to me. His breathing got uneven and he continued talking, "I can't believe I'm stupid enough to think that you're going to come back to me. I've been depressed about your wedding with him for weeks. You didn't visit me once."

"I did -"

" - Not once!" he turned to look at me with red puffy eyes and I know he'd been crying. "And right now, I'm crying over you - which is stupid. Because after what I just saw, you and the leech making merry? It finally dawned on me that we," he pointed to the both of us, "Meant nothing to you."

His words stung and it was more painful than having another vampire tearing you limb by limb. I felt tears forcing their way out of me.

You too? I thought. You actually think I'm having fun with my life now?

I forced back the tears that were fighting to come out and straightened myself, taking a deep breath.

"You're right, Jacob Black," he froze when I called him by his full name. "You don't mean anything to me. This is the last time you'll ever talk to me too."

He looked up at me, his face was full of pain. He was about to take a step towards me but I walked backwards. "Goodbye Jacob."

"Go back to the leeches that you love so dearly now! You filthy bloodsuckers! I'll kill you!" I followed his gaze to see Demetri standing by the door, his arms crossed.

And behind him were Paul and Sam - the latter looking at me with a disappointed look. Demetri gave an eerie smile before he reached out for my hand.

"Nessie, if you take another step towards them, we're through," Jacob warned me with a loud voice.

I didn't turn to look at Jacob. I took a deep breath and took Demetri's hand and walked away with the vampire.

[Jacob's POV]

I watched as she took the leech's hand and they started to walk away. The leech she was holding hands with turned his head to look at me with a sinister smile. It was a smile of an evil being.

"Nessie!" I screamed but she didn't turn back.

I took a few steps towards the leeches, getting ready to transform in front of these people if I have to. But two pair of hands reached out to me and stopped me from walking any further.

"Jacob, breathe," Sam instructed.

[Nessie's POV]

I could see Damon and Jane talking very quietly among themselves. It was too quiet for a vampire to hear, even.

"Jane asks for some privacy," Demetri was looking at me with such intensity and he wasn't even blinking his eyes.

"You sound like she's your boss or something," I laughed and he quickly looked down, causing me to frown.

The next few seconds were a blur to me. As soon as he had his head down, he looked up as though there was a silent call coming from Jane. Just before I could turn around to see what he was looking at, he reached out and grabbed me by the hands.

"She's my," he struggled with saying the next word out. "Mate."

With an awkward smile, I quickly pulled my hands away from him. "Okay," I said lightly.

"Do you mind if I borrow your husband for a few hours?" A voice spoke from behind.

Damon wrapped his arm around my waist with a smile. I opened my mouth to speak but Damon was already speaking for me. "I'm afraid I'm a very busy man, Jane. I don't have time to talk."

"I'm afraid it's not a request," Jane added, looking at Damon with anger.

I had to look at the both of them, glaring at each other as though they could kill each other with the glare.

"Fine," Damon replied huffly.

Fine? Since when has Damon given in to anyone but himself?

"Take her home, will you Demetri?" Jane had asked and Demetri nodded his head.

Damon leaned down to kiss my head - which was weird to me. But as he leaned down, I could hear him whisper to me, "Do not let him get inside the house, Nessie. No matter what."

I couldn't help but to stare at him in disagreement as he pull out another one of his smile before walking off with Jane. Now, I'm all alone with a stranger named Demetri. The latter didn't speak a word. He simply turned away from me but he didn't take a step forward. Only when I walked, did he follow me from behind.

I got out of the car and Demetri did the same. I realized that he has been following me like a lost puppy or something.

Should I take Damon's words for it?

"Thank you for sending me home," I tried to say with an awkward smile. "You can go now."

"Are you not going to invite me in for a drink?" he tilted his head to the side in mock horror.

Yeah, there was something about him that sends chill down my spine. It's probably his too polite but maybe that's just me.But the feeling I have in my stomach was telling me that I should just get away from him - as far away as I could.

"I would," I blurted but quickly cleared my throat. "But I'm kind of tired. Maybe some other time?"

He didn't move - instead, he simply checked me out from head-to-toe with a smile. I moved backwards, just so that there was a huge gap between us.

"Do you not love the taste of blood, like I?" he questioned and took one graceful step towards me.

Stand your guard, the voice in my head told me and I obeyed.

"That's kind of a personal question," I tried to joke but he didn't smile.

There was an awkward silence between us before he smiled again.

"I'll see you again next time," he turned and walked into his car and drove off.

It wasn't a casual sentence. It sounded like a promise. As soon as he was gone, I can't help but to think loudly to myself, "What was all that about?"
♠ ♠ ♠
I have a confession to make - I didn't know what to name this chapter. x)

I promised you a new chapter today and I delivered my promise! : )
The next chapter would include something exciting [to me, at least] ! And it'll be out tomorrow, if there are comments. ; )

Comments are appreciated!

Special thanks to Blood-Of-Mine-Dav , Heaven Help Us , Kayla , sporteegurl , AngelVampPrincess & kathryncarlisle for your wonderful comments! : )

To end this note, I think you should go watch New Moon. I'm jumping into a Carlisle/Bella ship soon. xD