Sequel: Mind Games

Animal I Have Become

Deal With The Devil

Damon's POV

Swiftly and gracefully, I jumped from a tree and landed on the wooden floor to the second floor of the mansion. I stood up straight and turned my head to the right, realizing that there was a certain smell I couldn't distinguish. I purposely sniffed out the disgusting smell but thought nothing of it when I heard two sets of laughters coming from the living room. One had belonged to Renesmee while the other was a boy's.

I frowned and decided to check who the guest is.

Walking down the stairs, I could hear them talking about Romeo and Juliet. I groaned softly and roll my eyes. If I hear another sentence from that literature - I'm going to kill someone.

"I see you brought a guest into our house," I spoke out loud, hoping they'd stop quoting phrases from Romeo and Juliet.

It seemed to have worked because they looked over at me as I gracefully walked towards them and halted when I stopped curtly when I noticed the change in Nessie's hair.

Replacing her past brown and wavy hair was a raven straight-haired girl. She most definitely looked like my princess of darkness now.

I shook my head when I realized that I had used that princess term with someone else. My eyes landed on the table in the middle of the living room. There was a box of pizza and a couple cans of Pepsi. I scrunched my nose again with a frown.

The smell must've came from the pizza or something - since it had some nasty cheese smell on them. Nessie looked at me with wide eyes.

"I thought you were out," she replied, quickly looking away from me as she reached out to hold the boy's hand.

My eyes automatically examined this boy's features and raised an eyebrow. He was a little pale with deep brown eyes and his hair was chocolate brown with blonde highlights on them. He had muscles like the dog Nessie used to be with but I doubt he's stronger than I am. He wore a black shirt with the word Avenged Sevenfold on them with black skinnies and white Converse sneakers. Plus, he was wearing eyeliner.

"This is -"

"Leo," I interrupted Renesmee, not taking my eyes off him. I could see from the corner of my eyes that she moved with uneasiness. So I smiled and reached my hand out to the kid.

"You're the guy who's been picking Renesmee to school," I added.

The kid reached out and we shook hands. "Yes, I am that kid, sir."

"Sir?" I tilted my head to the side in puzzlement.

"I assume you're Nessie's uncle, right?" the kid asked.

I gritted my teeth in anger but kept smiling. I wasn't going to let him off that easy though. So I nodded my head in understanding.

"And you're her boyfriend?" I played along and I could smell the blood rush up to his face.

"Uhm, no Sir. I'm just a friend," he answered.

"No need for further introductions," Nessie faked a laughter and reached out for me.

Stop your games Damon. And he doesn't have to know of our relation.

"Oh? What would I have in return?" I was refering to her telekenitic thoughts with my eyebrow raised.

"You'll get to sit and help us with Romeo and Juliet," she answered, her teeth gritted.

You know that's not what I want, dear Nessie, I thought and her fingernails dig deeper into my skin.

What is it that you want, Damon?

Why are you nice one minute and a bitch the next? I widened my eyes in mock horror before giving her another one of my smiles.

We'll go hunt later, okay, she said exasperatedly.

"I think I should go," Leo said when he realized that we weren't talking out loud.

"Oh no," I enthusiastically said with a smile. "Stay! I have to leave anyway."

You owe me, darling. I'll come up with the prize and claim them later tonight, I turned to look at her with another smile.

You're a monster, you know that?

Didn't you hear? You shouldn't make a deal with the devil. There are consequences to it. I'm the devil, dear Nessie. And I will claim what is rightfully mine.


"It's so good to meet you, Leo. I'm sure we'll meet again," I shook his hand once again with a smile and left the room without looking back.

[Nessie's POV]

I stared after Damon in dismay as he walked out of the room. Then I shut my eyes as his words played repeatedly in my head.

"Your uncle freaks me out," Leo spoke and for a second, I realized that he was still in the room.

"He does that to everyone," I faked a smile before shutting the Romeo and Juliet book and putting it on the table. I stood up, finger-combing my hair to the back before slipping both my hands into the pockets of my jeans. "I just remembered I have to do something today. Do you mind if we finsih this up tomorrow or something?"

Leo shook his head and stood up. "Yeah, I just remembered I have something to take care off today."

"I'm really sorry about Damon," I apologized again in which he shrugged. "I'll see you tomorrow?"

"Yeah." We reached out to hug and I felt a jolt of electricity.

It was dark; I could not see anything in the darkness - even with my vampire sight. I could smell the dews from the leaves of the trees and the damp soil. It had to be a forest.

A blood-curling scream from a woman could be heard. "Get it out of me!"

I felt myself running towards the direction of the scream, my heart pounding against my chest. The scream started to grow louder and louder until I saw a dot of light just a few feet away from me. I stopped when I came across a wooden cabin in the middle of the forest.

There was a few people outside, their face showed signs of anxiety. A man in his twenties with short blonde hair and topaz eyes was trying to fight his way to get into the cabin but a few others was pulling him away from the door. In some eerie way, I felt like I've seen him before.

"Let me in! I need to be with my wife!" the man hissed in anger.

"You are not her husband. Not in our people's eyes," a man in his fifties - a Native American, by the looks of his skin tone - answered without fear.

There was another scream, this time, the scream sounded more tired than it was of pain. I felt myself shake with fear. The scream sounded so much like Mom's when I was finding my way out of her womb.

Then the screaming stopped and a sound of a baby's cry could be heard. The man stopped forcing his way in. He just stood there rigid before he started shaking violently.

"No!" he repeatedly cried the same word, his hands on his face.

A woman came out of the door and shook her head, mumbling some unknown language I've never heard of. The man in his fifties turn to glare at the sobbing man.

"You killed her! You killed my daughter!" the old man's voice boomed out loud. I watched as the lady handed the old man a baby wrapped in a blanket. "This demonic child should be banished from this face of the earth!"

"No!" the man screamed and grabbed the crying baby away from the old man within a second.

"He is born under the full moon on the day that others call Halloween! He should be killed before he brings the abomination to others in this planet!" the old man protested pointing up to the full moon. I realized how the baby had stopped crying once it was in the father's arms.

"He is my son! I shall not have you murder an innocent child," the man moved backwards with such speed when the others tried to move closer.

"He is hardly innocent. He killed my daughter," the old man spat with pure hatred.

"You will never kill him! I won't allow of it!" the man said before he disappeared into the forest.


"Ness!"

I jumped out of shock and opened my eyes, staring at Leo with wide eyes. Leo, however, looked at me with a puzzle look.

"Are you okay?" he asked, his hands on my back.

Slowly, I nodded my head. "Yeah. I kind of blacked out for a moment. I guess it's exhaustion."

"Well, you should go rest," Leo smiled before he patted my shoulder. "Don't go zoning out again."

I watched him walk out of the house before frowning. Why did I see what I saw from Leo when he looked like he has no recollection of the memory?

Who was that man?

- Or rather, what was that man? And who were the Natives?
♠ ♠ ♠
Long chapter, I know. But I hope you enjoyed that as much as I enjoyed writing them! And I think you're beginning to hate me for leaving too much of cliffhangers. Sorry about that : (

Please comment and tell me if you thing it sucked donkeys or if you loved it. It means alot.

Special thanks to choirgirlx3, JaspersGirl108, nemessis, Kayla and Alex1309 for your awesome comments!