Sequel: Mind Games

Animal I Have Become

Over-Protected

Damon told me all about his father - about how controlling he was. "So how'd you turn into a vampire?" I asked and saw him froze.

"Well," he turned to look at me as he stood up. "Let's save that story for some other time." He tilted his head to the side as though he could hear footsteps coming towards this direction.

"Nessie!" Someone had called out from behind me and I turned to see Jacob running towards me.

When I turn to look at Damon, he was already gone. Jacob's big warm arms draped me from behind and I could feel his heartbeat thundering against his chest.

Slowly, I turned to face my boyfriend. "I'm sorry for reacting that way," I apologized and he stared at me in disbelief.

"Sorry? I should be the one apologizing!" He gave me a big hug [not as big as compared to Emmett] and kissed my forehead. His kisses slowly went down to my lips and we both started making out.

He started to carry me up, bridal style, and walked towards his 1986 Black Volkswagen Rabbit.

Everyone crowded around me as soon as I got home. Daddy, especially, gave me a hug. "I'm glad you're okay," he said.

"I'm sorry I reacted that way," I apologized and Daddy shook his head.

He pulled away and looked at me. "In that case, you're grounded."

I felt my jaw open in astonishment. "What?" I shrieked.

"I told you. You're grounded," he turned to walk away as he shrugged, "Until I say it is over."

"That's not fair! We're not human!" I retorted but he shook his head.

"You're half-human. That means, you're going to get back home straight after school."

I was already on my way to my room when he added, "I'll be waiting for you at the parking lot after school."

I growled out loud and slammed the door to my room shut. He is so unfair. Why is he doing this to me? It's not like I killed someone.

Downstairs, I could hear him telling Jacob to not come up to check on me and then Jacob was arguing with him again.

I shook my head and covered my ears, rocking back and forth. I sniffed and felt my face a little wet. When I wiped my face, I realized that the liquid was red - I was crying.

Since I am a hybrid of both vampire and human, my tears are somewhat different from normal humans. My tears are made of blood. I found that out myself after Mom passed.

I quickly wiped away the tears before the others realized I was crying - by the smell of my tears - and stood up, walking towards my backpack.

I took out a Linkin Park album my classmate had lent me, taking its disc out and putting it into the stereo. I clicked on the song Numb and blast it out loud. Though the music was loud, I could hear Daddy's disapproval to the horrible music.

"Why can't she listen to Mozart or something that is pleasant to the ears?"

"Edward, over the centuries, things change. You have to accept the fact," Carlisle said.

After that, I decided not to eavesdrop on their converstaion anymore. I reached out to take a picture of Mom, on the side table next to my bed.

I woke up the next day [being half human, I need my rest too] and got ready for school. Wearing my pink top and denim jeans, I went down to see that Daddy was already waiting for me in his silver Volvo.

"Your dad loves you," I heard someone said.

When I turn, Alice and Jasper walked up to me as Alice rested her hand on my shoulder. I shook my head and looked at Daddy again. He was looking at both Alice and I, his brows furrowed.

"He's just protecting you," Alice added.

I turned to her and pouted. "You call this protecting?"

She caught the humor in my tone because she laughed lightly before giving me a hug. "See you in school Nessie!"

I watched as she gracefully walked - well, more like skipped - out of the house with Jasper. I looked at Daddy, whose head was already looking ahead of the car. I sighed as I grabbed onto my bagpack tightly and headed towards the car.

Mr Tanner, the Math teacher called in sick - which means that I had an hour of free time to myself. I smiled to myself, thinking of the things I could do within the hour -without Daddy's supervIsion. But as I turned to look at the front door, I felt my jaw drop.

Daddy was standing outside the classroom, his arms crossed as he rested his back against the wall. I scoffed in disbelief and prayed under my breath that I was just imagining things.

I wasn't.

"So what's up with you and Edward?" Kasey, the girl sitting next to me asked. "I mean, I know you live together and all. Are you related or are you dating? Like Alice and Jasper?"

I felt my mouth open and close. When I turned to look at Daddy, I could see his lips twitched upwards into a small smile. I turned to look at Kasey, who's eyes were scrutinizing my every move.

Is she kidding me? I look like my Daddy! How can she even think of such preprosterous statement?

I heard a soft chuckle coming from outside and I turn to glare at Daddy. His face was still very composed, as though he could not hear the things we were thinking of or talking about.

Instead, I gave a small smile and quickly walked out of the class. Daddy started walking with me.

"Don't ever wait for me outside my class! Did you see what she was thinking about us?" I stopped and stared at Daddy. "Why were you outside my class?"

Instead, Daddy gave me the look. The look where I was supposed to see his mind by just touching him. I reached out and touched his hand and when I saw the images in his head, I gasped in horror.

"Damon's fed again?"

With one solemn look, Daddy nodded his head. "The family's called up an immediate meeting. We have to go."
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry I haven't updated for long! I was so busy with my birthday party! Anyway, I'm back and I hope this would suffice! Next chapter would be out by tomorrow!