Sequel: Mind Games

Animal I Have Become

Problems

I was so caught up with the vision I had, I didn't even noticed Damon coming into the room with his purposefully loud footsteps.

"I've thought about what I wanted," Damon was next to me, wrapping his arms around my waist and I shrugged out of his grip. He took the rejection as a challenge and he smiled, wrapping his arms around my waist again.

"I've no time to deal with you," I snapped in irritation and flinched when he had let go and jerked my hand backwards with anger.

"You will have the time for me when I want it," he whispered into my ears with venom before he let go and covered his slight anger with a smile. "Now, where was I before I was rudely interrupted? Oh yes. We're going on a road trip!"

I rubbed my wrist before staring at him in disbelief. "What? Where?"

"I promised an old friend that I would bring you to them," he grinned and walked over to plant a kiss on my lips.

I saw a flash of image in his mind - Jane and Demetri's.

"Jane and Demetri?" I asked in confusion.

His mouth formed an O as if he was taken aback by my sight or something.

"Good guess, sweetheart." He pushed my hair behind my ears and planted another soft kiss on my forehead.

I nodded my head in understanding before I felt my stomach grumble again for the fourth time that night. I put my hand on my stomach before looking up at Damon with a smile. "Baby, I'm craving for blood. Let's hunt till we drop."

I flashed him a smile that included both my canine teeth and for a second there, I thought I saw him jump in surprise. But he smiled again and nodded his head with an ear-to-ear grin.

[Damon's POV]

I watched as Nessie almost-drained all three of her victims we found in the forest. I had to admit; her hunting skills have gotten much better than the past. Either I was a good teacher, or she was born with the killer instinct.

As much I want to rejoice of this accomplishment, something seems wrong about it. I kept looking at her, her face showed of a monster every prey should fear when they were being devoured.

Her eyes had gone red when she fed on human blood; like the dev - who am I kidding? She looks like me when I'm hungry or angry.

I would usually drain two of the human species dry and that would fill my stomach. Watching this beautiful hybrid in front of me feeding on the humans, I was astounded. For a tiny person, she sure has a huge appetite. And it seemed to be growing as each day passes by.

"Done yet?" I asked, a little annoyed.

"Yeah," she stood up and wiped her mouth.

"Good. I was getting bored watching you have all the fun," I rolled my eyes and brushed the invisible crumbs off my shoulder. "I have somewhere to go. I'll see you back."

[Nessie's POV]

With Damon gone, I looked down at my victims. My victims. That does have some kind of nice ring to it. The soft beating of their hearts made me feel like draining it all dry. Maybe I could kill another four more humans and drain them dry...

- Stop it, the voice in my head scolded me.

I felt myself snap out of a trance and I stared at the unconsious bodies laying on the ground. I stumbled backwards and started shaking violently.

What was the matter with me? Did I just do this? Did I -

I reached out to call for the ambulance and right after, my feet started having a life of its own.

I didn't know where I was running to. But when I saw the La Push reservation's sign, I knew I was making one big mistake.

I could hear running footsteps running towards my direction - the pack of wolves were after me.

Jacob, I kept thinking as I ran to find his home.

"Jacob!" I screamed when I saw his house around the corner.

The footsteps got louder and louder and it was almost the sound of police dogs chasing the enemy. Something heavy got on top of me and I fell onto the ground with a loud thud. I turned with my arms protecting my face in case one of the werewolves wanted to strike.

Instead, I heard a whine. The weight on me was gone within a second and I could hear Sam's voice. "Nessie?"

I removed my hands away from my face and saw the others standing behind him, their face showed signs of disapproval of me.

"What are you doing here?" Sam asked again, scritinizing me. "And why do you smell like human blood?"

"Don't worry Sammy boy," I felt myself say before I had the chance to stop myself. "I didn't hunt in the Cullen's grounds or your territory."

I stood up and looked around nonchalantly. When I know that Sam wasn't going to ask anything, I decided to ask. "Is Jacob around?"

"What do you want, Nes - Renesmee?" another voice spoke and I turned to see Jacob walking cautiously towards me.

"I need to speak with you," I simply replied with a small shrug. "Alone."

I saw Jacob's eyes looking behind me as he gave a slight nod. A few shuffling footsteps could be heard behind me and I knew the others were gone by then.

"What do you want?" Jacob repeated himself, still a little aggressive and I felt my heart soften.

"Jake," I reached out to him and he took a step back, making me pull my hands back. "I don't know what's happening to me, Jake-ie. I was at the mansion one time and then I felt myself be happy when I drank another person's blood."

"You what?" Jacob sounded furious and I felt the tears forcing their way out of me.

"The blood gives me strength, Jacob! Strength I cannot get when I have animal blood!" I grabbed his hands with agony and felt tears roll down my cheeks. "But I tried! I tried so hard to stop, but I can't! Everytime I drink, I keep wanting more. And it scares me, Jake."

I looked up and saw him frowning at me. "This wouldn't happen if you didn't drank the leech's blood in the first place."

My heart shattered at the tone of coldness in his voice. Slowly, I nodded my head and wiped the tears away from my eyes.

"Jacob, the leech you're calling names there, he's called my husband," I replied coldly before turning away.

"I guess your mindset about vampires didn't change," I raised a finger. "And that includes the Cullens, by the way. So whatever we had in the past, it didn't change your perception of us leeches, doesn't it?"

He seemed to stumble back at my choice of words but I didn't care. I smiled at him before I ran into the forest again, this time, to find Damon and plead with him to hunt with me till dawn.
♠ ♠ ♠
Second update for the day. I promise to update as much as I can. And the computer is still giving me problems. Gotta wait for my uncle to fix it for me.

Thank you everyone for being so patient and understanding!