Sequel: Mind Games

Animal I Have Become

For Nessie

Damon's POV

This had to be the tenth body the not-so-innocent-anymore girl was feeding on. I sat on the tree branch above her, frowning as I watch her feed.

She had found me five hours ago and she had told me she was hungry. I decided to tag along for the amusement of it.

Now, I feel like it wasn't the best of idea though I didn't know why I even bother waiting for her to finish feeding. There was a crack of a twig and I turned my head to the left, my vampire vision in the night sharpening again.

The hybrid seemed to have heard it because she was running after the sound now. I gave an annoyed groan before I started chasing after her. She disappeared into the forest and I stopped on my tracks, listening for a sound to find her.

A scream was let out into the forest and I knew that the hybrid had found her next victim. I stood there, debating if I should intervine.

"Why should I care," I mumbled to myself, turning around to walk away from Nessie's radar before another sharp scream was let out.

I paused, shutting my eyes as I inhaled sharply. Then I let out another groan and ran after the scream.

I stopped when I saw Nessie towering over a teenage girl who had her hands up for mercy. "Please don't kill me... Please," the girl begged.

I shook my head and ran towards Nessie before she was able to struck the girl - pushing her hard towards an oak tree. Nessie hissed an evil hiss as she pushed me back, causing me to fly backwards for a second.

Regaining my composure, I ran and grabbed her from behind as she struggled to get out of my grip.

"Let me go!" she demanded with a voice that didn't belong to her.

"Calm down, Nessie," I whispered into her ears, using my Power to hypnotize her. "Nessie, calm down. You do not want to hurt an innocent."

My eyes fell upon the teenage girl who was still on the ground, crying uncontrollably. Nessie slowly calmed down, her muscles not so tensed anymore. Instead, she looked over the teenage girl and gasped in horror.

"I'm sorry," she apologized before running into the forest.

I stared at the spot where she had run into but did not make an effort to run after her. I turned to look at the teenage girl and gave her my 100-watt smile.

Walking over, I noticed that there was a pink Canon camera next to her so I bent down - causing her to jump in fright - and reached out for the camera.

Switching on the camera, I saw that she had a video of Nessie feeding on another human a few minutes back. Looking up at her with menancing eyes, I hissed in anger causing her to flinch again. Then I smiled and reached out to push her hair behind her ears.

"It's okay," I slowly said, cupping her face and staring deep into her eyes that made her to stop moving. "You were in the forest and saw a wolf attack the man. As you tried to run away, you dropped your camera and stepped onto it causing it to break. You do not remember any other incident that happened."

I stopped talking before I smiled. "Do you understand me?"

Slowly, she nodded her head. "A wolf attacked the man. I must've broken my camera while I was running away from the wolf."

I nodded in approval as I pulled her up on her feet. I looked at her once more before I leaned down and kissed her on the forehead. "Good girl. Now go get help."

I watched as she ran into the woods before I looked back at the camera without a smile on my face. Instead, I gritted my teeth and threw the camera onto the ground and stomped on it with my vampire strength until it was crushed to bits.

As much as I hate so say it, I would need to have to talk to her family about her strange behavior.

I find myself changing into a crow, soaring high in the sky towards the Cullen's mansion.

By the time I was over at the Cullen's house, I swooped down and changed back into the human me. I realized by then that my brother was already on the front porch with the rest of the Cullens and sweet lovely Elena.

Then I scrunched my nose, finding for the awful smell coming from them. My eyes landed on the dog who called himself Nessie's boyfriend.

Well, ex-boyfriend.

"What are you doing here, Damon?" my brother voiced out and I tilted my head to the side in amusement.

"Can I not come here to visit you, dear brother?" I walked towards them and saw that they have shifted position, getting ready to attack in case something bad happens. I stopped in front of my brother, my eyes shifted to Elena's for a second before resting on my brother's eyes with a smile. "I can say that it has been fairly a long time since we last had fun!"

When he didn't seem like he was going to talk or move, I rolled my eyes with a sigh. "If the mindreader is here, he should know why I come," I looked around for Edward and noticed that he wasn't there with them.

"Edward's on a hunting trip," the pixie-like vampire with short spiked hair voiced out when she realized who I was looking for.

"What a shame," I gave a quick pout before I grinned. "But since you can see the future, I'm sure you know why I'm here."

"We're not going to play your mind games, Damon," the man I have to call my brother interrupted me.

I glared at him for a second before letting out another smile. Looking around, my eyes landed on the pretty blonde vampire who had her eyes on the ground the entire time.

"Little Miss Blondie must've gotten some idea, right?" I nodded my head towards her and she jumped in shock.

The guy with the muscles who was next to her immediately stood in front of her, in case I decided to attack or something.

Damon, please don't cause a scene, I heard her voice in my head so I shook my head and sighed.

"Look, as much as I want to come here and make your lives miserable -"

"- You already did that. All my life," I could hear my dear brother mumble and I turned to look at him with a frown.

"You're right, brother. And I admit, it was fun doing so," I looked at Elena and she quickly looked away. "But I am here for Renesmee."
♠ ♠ ♠
I got reported for capitalization errors. Whoever reported me, can you please let me know where I went wrong? I've checked and nothing seems to be wrong.

Comments are appreciated. Thanks to all who's commented and subbed!