Sequel: Mind Games

Animal I Have Become

Mysterious Point Of View

"Are you done yet?" Damon's irritated voice broke my thoughts.

I turned around to see him standing by the doorway, his hands resting on his hips and he was tapping his left feet. A smile crept up on my face as I spun around to look at myself once more in the mirror.

I was wearing a Linkin Park tee with my black skinny and red boots. I had used two hours to put on my hair and make-up - black eye-shadow and mascara with a hint of cherry lip gloss.

"Did you do something to your hair?" Damon sounded surprised.

He was taking careful steps towards me, his brows against each other.

I now had bangs with my straightened raven hair and I was very much in love with my appearance.

"Doesn't matter," I turned and grinned widely to his stunned face.

I took a medium-sized lime green suitcase and started walking out the door and I could hear Damon tailing me from behind.

"So where exactly are we going?" I decided to ask as I shoved the suitcase into the trunk of Damon's car.

"Paris," Damon was already by the driver's seat and I hopped on the passenger's seat.

[Unknown's POV]

I pulled my head away from the woman's neck and stared at the full moon above me and I howled a raspy sound, growling at the same time.

Throwing yet another drained body aside, I wiped off the blood from my thin lips.

I was a hundred percent certain that I have found the man who abandoned me. He had to be the one.

I am going to visit him and his new-found family and I will have my revenge. I would show him how it feels like to be all alone with no one there by his side.

I looked up and found myself in front of his house but no one seems to be at home. I frowned and within half a second, I was at the front door, sniffing for any vampire scents coming from inside the house.

To my disappointment, no one was home.

I opened the door and walked into the dark house. By the smell of it, they had been gone for a few hours. Walking up the stairs, I found myself walking into the first bedroom to the right.

There was a queen-sized bed in the middle of the room, books that speaks of modern medicines were all around the room - on the shelves, on the dressing table. I made my way to the study table at the side of the room and saw a few photo frames that caught my eye.

I reached out and took one photo-frame that consist of him and his family - without me. How was he able to smile like that, acting as though I did not exist at all?

Of course, the answer was plain simple. He had a new family. One without my mother and myself.

I never knew what happened to her.

I picked another photo-frame up of him and his vampire wife.

He had his arms around her waist, the both of them looking deep into each other's eyes with such love.

With trembling hands, I threw the photo-frame across the room and the glass shattered to pieces. Walking out the room, I growled in anger and shook my head with a huff.

I walked into the second room - Edward, was it?

His room was much more simpler than the previous room. Ignoring the designs of the room, I made my way to the bed and saw a piece of paper on it.

I took it in my hands and started to read it.

Edward,
I know things are complicated with Damon and everything. He told us on how vital it is to be in Paris.
Trust me, the family had difficulties listening to him but we're doing this for Nessie.
Call me once you get this.

- Alice


Paris, I thought as I crushed the paper within my grasp.

Paris is where I will go.

[Nessie's POV]

I came out of the bathroom with a white towel wrapped around my damp hair and right after, I could hear Damon whistling.

Being used to his stupid behavior, I ignored him and took a seat in front of the dressing table and began brushing my hair.

"If I ask you something," I paused and saw him eyeing me with caution through the mirror. "Would you tell me the truth?"

I began to apply some make-up onto my face.

"That depends. Do the questions have anything to do with me?" Damon seemed to have overcome the caution because he had that stupid smirk on his face again.

Ignoring him while I applied the lip-gloss on my lips, I continued with my curiosity, "Why are we here, Damon?"

He froze.

"Why are we in Paris?"

It was his turn to ignore me as he rested his head on the pillow and stared at the ceiling, whistling some tune I have not heard of before.

Since I was done with my make-up, I stood up and walked over to him but he kept whistling and tapping some beat on his stomach.

Why was it so hard for him to answer a simple question, I thought furiously as I reached out to grab his arm.

"Damon!" I grumbled and then I saw a flash of image coming from him: Aro.

I pulled away and stared at him in with a frown. Damon quickly sat up and looked at me, as though he was afraid he had shown me some deep dark secret.

"Are you going to answer me or not?" I picked myself up and pretended to play dumb.

His shoulders relaxed and then shrugged, putting his hands behind his head and lay back onto the bed once again.

Shaking my head with disgust, I grabbed my purse and started towards the door.

"Where do you think you're going?" Damon finally spoke.

I stopped curtly and glared at him.

Then, I realized something: If Damon could make someone annoyed with that stupid smirk of his, one can play along.

I smiled and shrugged, winking an eye at him before leaving the hotel room.

There was so many beautiful things to see in Paris but the one place I did not head over to was the Eiffel Tower. It was on the list of places Daddy and I promised we'll visit together.

Then, I stopped walking when I remembered about Damon's thoughts.

How did Aro and Damon know each other? And most importantly, why are we here in Paris - a city that was close to where the Volterra lives?

I found myself holding my cellphone and stared as my fingers took a life of its own as it dialed Jacob's digits.

I felt my eyes widened with horror. Why was I still calling for him, when I could have easily called on Alice or something?

After a few dial tones, someone from the other line picked up and it was followed by an annoyed sigh.

"What is it now, Nessie? Aren't you on the not-speaking tone with the dog who hates leeches?" Jacob's cold voice could be heard.

"I - I'm scared, Jake-ie," I whispered and there was silence on the other side.

"What's she saying?” I could hear Quil asking before there was a few shuffling noises.

“I’m over at Paris now with Damon and I think something bad’s going to happen to me. Somehow Aro’s involved -”

“ - And you’re telling me this because?” Jake interrupted.

I couldn’t help but to open my mouth in surprise.

“Because, I need someone to talk to,” I paused to quickly wipe away the tears that were now forming in my eyes. “Because you are always there when I need you. Because -”

“I’m not someone you can call whevever you please, Renesmee. I’m not the same person you once knew,” Jacob’s voice was cold again.

“Why?” I choked as tears started to roll down my cheek.

“You’re not the only one who has the right to change,” he spat.

“I haven’t change!” I protested.

“Yeah, go tell me that when you’re not drinking human blood,” Jacob scoffed before there was more shuffling noises.

“I got to go.”

And without a goodbye, he hung up. I pulled the phone away from my ears and stared at it for a minute or so.

Jacob had just hung up on me. That was the first.

And it will be the last, the voice in my head scolded me. Haven’t you learnt your lesson about the dogs? They’re just too arrogant to give a crap.

I shook my head in protest and turned to my left. I saw a pub and arched an eyebrow.

Do vampires get drunk?

I don’t think so. But since I’m half-human, there’s a possibility that I can drain all my sorrows away.

I felt myself walking towards the pub without any second thoughts.
♠ ♠ ♠
A/N: Sorry for the delay and the short entry. I couldn't bring myself to write after I learnt of Jimmy's death. But here I am. I promised to finish this story - and it’s a promise I’m going to keep.

Edit: I decided to put it out longer because you guys deserve it.

Rest In Peace Jimmy.