Sequel: Mind Games

Animal I Have Become

Captured

[Damon’s POV]

I looked out at the beautiful sight of Paris before me. It definitely has been a while since I came here. I shook of the memories that were about to enter my mind.

No way was I going to remember such horrendous past.

Getting the presidential suite without paying for it was easy when I used my Power against a weak mind.

The door of the hotel door creaked open and I turned around to see the hybrid walking into the room in an intoxicated manner. That wasn’t the thing that had caught my attention.

I was next to her in an instant and gently rubbed on the bruises that were on her face. She flinched and pushed me away using her Power and I flew backwards a little. Lucky for me, she hasn’t had any human blood - which means she isn’t strong.

“What happened to you?” I asked and caught a scent of alcohol coming from her.

“I drank,” she mumbled before laughing to herself.

Then she looked up at me with a puppy look as soon as she took a seat on the bed.

“Am I a horrible person, Damon?” she asked and I tilted my head to the side.

“Don’t change the topic, girl,” I snarled as I grabbed her arms with such force and pointed to the bruises on her face. “Who did this to you?”

She jerked herself away from me but I was still stronger than her so she frowned at her failed attempt to free herself.

And the next five seconds, I saw a familiar face in my mind and I pulled away from her and gave a gutteral growl.

Ralph, I thought with venom as I balled my fists to control myself.

How dare he lay a finger on her!

I turned and stormed out of the room in search for a very old friend.

Standing outside in the cold dark night, I looked at the huge mansion in front of me with gritted teeth. I could feel the canine teeth aching for some blood - or rather, revenge for my hybrid.

I ran and jumped over the huge gate, ripping a head off from a vampire guard before jumping to the other guard. I pushed my canines into his neck and bit off a piece of his meat as he cried out in pain.

That’s right. Call out the others, I spoke with my mind and he looked at me before I ripped his head from his body.

I heard footsteps running over to my direction and I smiled in response.

I ran towards the mansion, draining blood and ripping heads off the vampires that stood in the way of me getting to Ralph.

I could smell him close-by so I stepped into a dark room and saw a shadowy figure standing in front of the window.

“Salvatore,” the irksome voice spoke with such arrogance and I balled my fists.

Before I could pounce on him, someone grabbed me from behind and stick a needle into my neck, the substance entering my veins. The person let go of me and I turned to growl at him in anger.

But within seconds, everything around me seems to be of blur and I struggled to keep myself up. I shook my head to shake away the dizziness that was now engulfing me with such speed.

What was my purpose of coming here, I asked myself and blinked my eyes rapidly.

Kill Ralph, the voice in my head instructed causing me to glance up at the vampire I was here to kill.

I took a few steps forward - using what is left of my Power - and I reached out to grab him.

Instead, I toppled sideways and I grabbed onto the wooden table to keep myself standing. I heard his dark laugh and I looked at his blurry face.

“What did you do -” I dropped onto the ground, hitting my head with a loud thud and a few stationery and papers falling down with me.

I used my energy to force myself to stand up but managed to rise my head instead. Giving up, I let my head fall onto the ground, the vision getting more blur.

“Vervain, dear friend,” Ralph laughed as he knelt down and slapped my face repeatedly without force. “I know that is your only weakness.”

The last thing I remember was him smiling at my demise.

[Nessie’s POV]

Slowly I opened my eyes and frowned at the small migraine I received soon after. I sat up with a hand on my head, with my eyes shut.

Turning to the nightstand, I saw that it was four in the morning. I stood up and walked towards the kitchen before pouring myself a glass of water.

After taking a few sips of water, I placed the glass onto the sink before I realized that the hotel was quiet.

Too quiet.

Damon was being far too quiet for my taste. Maybe he had gone hunting.

No, the voice in my head scolded me and flashbacks of what happened at night entered my mind.

I faced the door with wide eyes.

Damon has gone to find my attacker! But he isn’t strong enough to fight them all.

I have to do something, I thought as I grabbed my coat and ran for the door.

[Damon’s POV]

“Damon, wake up,” Katherine was looking at me with a cheerful expression.

Glancing at our surrounding, I noticed that we were back at the mansion I used to live in. I turned to look at the woman I loved and saw her skipping her way towards me.

“What’s happe -”

“Shhh,” Katherine hushed me, placing her index finger on my lips with a childish smile.

Her smile disappeared and her piercing blue eyes turned evil as she snarled and slapped my face with such force, I flew to the side. She was towering over me with a hint of displeasure.

“You’ve been a bad boy, Damon,” she spoke with anger.

I shook my head and pushed myself backwards using my arms.

“This is not happening,” I told myself. “You’re not real. You’re dead. I saw you die.”

“But I’m not!” she grinned a cat-like grin before looking over her shoulders.

I followed her gaze and saw my father, Giuseppe Salvatore walking towards us - anger present on his face. The anger on his face wasn’t one of my main concerns, though.

On one hand, he was holding a bottle of alcohol and on the other, he was holding up a walking stick. And the idiot I call my brother was watching me with a hint of pleasure in his eyes.

“What did I ever do in my past life to deserve such a wretched son like you?” Giuseppe cried and he raised his stick.

I put my hands out to cover my face, realizing that tears were now rolling down my cheeks before the impact of the stick hit my arms that caused my bones to crack. I cried out in pain and shook my head, focring myself backwards with one hand.

“Father, please. No,” I begged, not bothering to wipe the tears away from my eyes as I looked up at him.

This wasn’t happening. Giuseppe and Katherine are supposed to be dead. This has to be a dream.

This cannot be happening again!

“Why is this Nessie girl more important than I am, Damon?” Katherine bent next to me, cupping my face with one of her hands as she stroked my jaw with her other.

“She’s not,” I breathed before I was hit on the ribs by the stick causing me to flinch.

“Lies! All lies!” Giuseppe roared as he took another load of alcohol into his system before pointing to me. “I will beat the death out of you, boy! Answer with honesty!”

“Why do you think you love her, Dammy?” Katherine questioned tracing a line on my neck. “After you lost me, you love Elena. And when you cannot get her, you think you are in love this hybrid.”

Katherine tilted her head to the side with amusement when I squirmed at the word love.

“What makes you think that she would return your feelings?” she continued and I shook my head.

“No, you’re wrong. I have no such feelings for her.”

Giuseppe shook his head and slammed the bottle onto my head and my whole body fell backwards as I stared into ths sky.

“If you don’t have feelings for her, Damon, why have you risked your life to try to kill Gabriel?” Katherine whispered into my ears but I couldn’t open my mouth.

“Lies! Blasphemy!” Giuseppe started hitting me with the stick and I curled myself into a ball, protecting myself from the beatings.

“Father, I beg you!” I cried.

This is not happening again, I thought before I opened my tear-filled eyes with a menance.

I stood up and grabbed the man I call father by the neck and glared at him with anger.

“You cannot hurt me again,” I stared into his eyes. “Never again.”


I opened my eyes and started inhaling the oxygen deeply. Once I was calmed, I tried to move my hands but was unable to. Looking down, I noticed that both my hands and feet were bound onto a metal chair. I tried using what’s left of my Power to struggle free.

“How did you like the dream I gave you, Salvatore?” someone spoke and I turned with caution but wasn’t able to see any form of shadows around me.

“What have you done to me?” I demanded and struggled again but I was still weak from the vervain in my blood.

“Why have you come?” Ralph asked instead, appearing before me.

“You hurt something that belongs to me, Raphael,” I spoke with my Italian accent when I speak of his name as I glared at him.

“The hybrid, you mean?” he chuckled darkly. “Oh yes, a little bird told me of her existence and I couldn’t help but to see what she was capable of.”

“Why you insolent - “

“There, there. No need to get heaty over the hybrid. Besides, it was proven that she is worthless - not to mention, useless.”

“She is not useless!” I growled, trying to break myself free and he laughed again.

“Master, we found the hybrid wandering outside the mansion,” someone else spoke and my head snapped to the side to see one of the vampires holding onto her.
♠ ♠ ♠
Second update for the day.

Comments are very much appreciated. Thanks to all who's commented!