Sequel: Mind Games

Animal I Have Become

October 21st

[Nessie's POV]

Maybe I should just forget about my past - that includes my family and friends; even Jacob. Damon was different than what I thought of him to be.

And even though I hate it that I've lost myself to Damon instead of Jacob, deep down, I did not regret it.

I stared at the full moon out the window in the cloudless sky. It had always been our thing - mine and Jacob's.

We'd laugh at the old werewolf's tale of which a human would turn into a fearful creature during the full moon's period.

Snap out of it, I scolded myself and looked away from the window, walking towards the fridge and took out a bottle of blood stored inside.

I was taking a small sip of the blood when I heard the door creaked open. I headed towards the door and saw Damon standing by the door looking up to me with a small smile on his face.

"I'm home," he said cheerfully and I noticed he was holding onto a body.

He stepped into the room, dragging the lifeless body towards me and kicked the door shut all at the same time. My eyes wandered on the corpse before looking up at him.

"What's this?" I questioned and pointed to the corpse in dismay.

He didn't seem to take note of my disgust as he threw the body right in front of me, tilting his head to the right and widened his eyes in mock horror.

"Can't I even surprise my beautiful wife with a present?" he shook his head.

"I don't want to drink human's blood - you know what it'll do to me," I turned away, hurt.

After a few minutes of silence, I heard him sigh out loud and then felt warm hands crept their way from my side to give me a hug.

"If you don't like me bringing fresh dinner home, then I won't," he muttered, making small kisses on my neck.

I shut my eyes to take in his kisses, enjoying every moment of it. I felt my canines grew and I turned to bite his lips, causing him to moan in return.

[Jacob's POV]

"Jake," someone broke me out of my daze and I turned to see Sam staring at me from the other side of the table.

Everyone else's eyes were also on me - Embry, Quil, Jared, Paul, Emily and Seth. I placed the hamburger I was holding in my hands down and cleared my throat in an uneasy way.

"You've been spacing out for a couple of days, man," Quil commented and there were a few verbal agreements coming from my other family.

"I'm okay," I muttered, feeling a little irritated that my family was actually spying on me in some small way. "Stop watching out for me."

I stood up with force, causing everyone else to jump in shock. Throwing the napkin onto the table, I turned and stormed out of the house.

And without thinking too much, I turned and started running into the woods.

I ran non-stop, just letting everything that was weighing me down disappear from my head. I didn't care where my body was taking me, I just needed to forget about her.

I need to forget her. I just have to.

Tears were starting to form in my eyes and it made my vision worse. I stopped running but I didn't turn back into my human self either.

When I realized where I was, my four legs started to go weak. I dropped onto the ground and a canine-whine-like sound came out.

My body have brought me back to the meadow. I stared at the sunset before me and sighed softly.

Why can't I forget about you Renesmee?

Because you are imprinted on her, Jacob, Quil's voice replied through my head and it was followed by the sound of the crackling of leaves.

I shifted back into my human self, sitting on the wet grass.

"You guys should really stop reading my mind. I've got enough from Edward," I grumbled as he took a seat next to me.

"Everyone's worried about you, Jacob," Quil ignored my smart-ass comment.

"They shouldn't. I'm fine," I repeated myself and glared at the sunset.

"If you're fine, you don't mope," he tried to make a joke. "And you especially don't mope in the place where you spend so much time with her."

I ignored him, but felt my heart getting heavier by the moment.

"Something's wrong," I heard myself saying before I could stop myself.

I could feel Quil's eyes on me from the corner of my eyes but I ignored him.

"I know you think it's crazy but I think something bad's going to happen to her," I added.

"Of course you're feeling that way," he placed a comforting hand on my back and slapped on it softly. "I mean, damn it Jacob, she's with the evil bloodsucker."

I stood up and started pacing around the meadow, self-meditating at the same time.

"But why should I care?" I mumbled stubbornly.

"Because you love her," Quil answered. "Go after her, man. Sam volunteered to go with you."

"That I did," another voice spoke and Sam walked out of the shadows.

On that exact moment, I let my heart make the decision.

[ Nessie's POV ]

I opened my eyes and felt someone wrapping their arms around my body. Pushing my head up, I noticed that it was Damon. And boy did he look innocent when he's sleeping.

I saw the corner of his lips twitched upwards and felt my eyes widen.

"You heard my thoughts," I said as-a-matter-of factly.

"I did," he answered as he finally opened his eyes and bored his beautiful green eyes on me.

"Good for you," I muttered and pushed his arms away from me. "Now, I need the bathroom."

"No," Damon replied, wrapping his arms around my body again and shut his eyes.

"Come on, I have private needs to dispose of," I pleaded causing him to groan in frustration.

"Fine!" he pulled his hands away but never took his eyes off me. "Go."

I dragged myself towards the bathroom and shut the door close before staring at myself at the mirror. In some way that I could not describe, I look different. Hell, I feel different.

And it doesn't have anything to do physically.

Was it me or do I feel like I can kick a lot of asses today?
♠ ♠ ♠
Nothing much. Just an update after soooo long. Next update will be up in a few days.