Sequel: Mind Games

Animal I Have Become

Count Your Blessings

[ Damon's POV ]

Not feeling like going back to bed, I was putting on my black leather jacket when I heard the bathroom door creaked open. Spinning around, I watched the hybrid walked out with a smile on her face.

Without warning, she jumped and wrapped her legs around my thighs.

Eyebrows raised, the sides of my lips twitched upwards in a mocking smile. I didn't push her away either though. Instead, with one hand behind her back, my other hand started caressing her cheeks with passion.

"I love you," she said before she started kissing me again.

I froze and she noticed. She stopped her actions and began watching me with a careful look. She slipped away from clinging onto me, her hands on her hips.

I turned away with my eyes shut, telling myself not to look at her.

"Did I say something wrong?" she asked, obviously hurt by my sudden silence.

"What is wrong with you?" I heard myself say before I can stop myself.

"What?" her voice went up high.

I turned to glare at her as best as I could - and from the looks of it, it was working. She took a step backwards with a frown on her face.

"We were having a good moment together and you had to spoil it with those damned three words!" I waved my arms around frantically in anger.

In complete shock, the hybrid opened and closed her mouth - just like a fish would do when it was out of the water. She obviously wanted to say something but thought the better of it.

"And why would you love me anyway?" I snapped and turned away, putting my hands into my pocket.

She kept quiet and for a few minutes, silence filled the room. Not able to take another minute of silence, I spun around and stormed out of the hotel room.

Pushing the button to the ground floor, I placed my hands in front of me in a formal way and stared at the elevator's door, gritting my teeth.

I love you, her voice filled my thoughts and I shook the feelings that were about to come with memories of Katherine.

I'm not going to go back to Memory Lane - not when it's about Katherine.

"She loves me indeed. Where have I heard of that speech before? Oh yes! Katherine had said those exact words but she never meant it." I answered my own question.

The elevator had finally reached the ground floor and when the door opened, I almost jumped back in shock to see Demetri and a bigger-sized vampire standing next to him.

"Demetri," I faked a smile. "To what do I owe the pleasure of this visit?"

I eyed both of them in a casual way but did not let my guard down. Demetri's smile did not reach his eyes but did not speak a word. Instead, he put out his arms in a follow-me-this-way sort of vibe.

And looking at the other vampire's face expression, it seemed more of an order than it was of a casual politeness.

Italians, I thought before smiling to myself. And ironically, I am an Italian myself.

They led me to a black Mercedes parked at the back of the hotel. Demetri went in first before I was pushed into the car by the other vampire.

"Be careful," I warned the latter and began brushing invisible crumbs off my jacket. "This jacket costs more than you're being paid for."

The bigger vampire didn't speak a word and that had caused me to scoff in silence.

"Where exactly are you taking me?" I looked at Demetri on my left before turning to look at the other vampire on my right.

Trust myself to be sitting in the middle of two guards of the Volturi Coven.

"Aro wishes to see you," Demetri answered but spoke no more than that.

The car started to move and the silence was getting more unbearable for me. I hated silences. Drumming my fingers on my lap, I started to whistle some tunes that came into my mind. The big vampire elbowed my ribs causing me to jerk back a little from the pain.

"Do not make a sound," he warned as he stared at me with those red eyes of his.

"You're quite a cheerful person, aren't you?" I mumbled and looked up front when I heard Dimitri chuckle in silence.

"Felix does not like any noise, most particularly music," Demetri explained and I turned to look at the Felix vampire.

Another silence filled the car and I sighed out loud before turning to look at Demetri.

"Tell me," I pursed my lips and watched his every move. "Why do you guys have red eyes from drinking from a human whereas I don't?"

He shuts his eyes in annoyance and inhaled a large amount of oxygen.

"I don't know," he said through gritted teeth. "But my best guess is that it varies with different type of vampires."

"You're Italians, aren't you? Most of them in your coven anyway," I was talking to myself now. "You have red eyes but I don't. And I'm Italian."

Another blow from Felix and I let out a groan. I was about to open my mouth when Felix started to talk again.

"If you speak another word, muchless make a sound, I would be the first to rip you apart when you're no longer useful for Aro."

I raised both my hand in silence and pretended to zip up my mouth, pursing my lips as though to tell him his threat has been heeded.

"We're here," Demetri announced just as the car came to a stop.

He got out of the car and I looked around for my escape options. This doesn't look too good for me. Even if I had a few seconds of escape, they would most definitely catch up with me - especially with Demetri being a tracker.

I got out of the car and got dragged towards a huge door.

"Italy's changed," I grinned at both Demetri and Felix, who were standing on each of my side - their arms on their back.

I didn't get any answer or a smile from any of them.

Just like Alec, I thought before shaking my head slightly and turned when the huge ancient door before me creaked open.

As if on cue, Jane came through those doors and said, "Aro is ready to meet you now."

I pointed to her, giving the other two a pursed smile before I followed the female vampire into the huge room. The room was really just a huge empty place with nothing but three chairs in the middle of the room.

And in the middle was the leader of the Volturi: Aro.

The other two seems to be missing in action.

I couldn't help but to peek at both sides and saw that Demetri and Felix were tailing me from behind.

Sporco parassito! I scolded them mentally but kept smiling as I approached the leader.

"Ah, how nice of you to finally come, Salvatore," Aro greeted but did not extend any hand to shake. "I hope you don't mind the tight security in this place."

Liar, I thought but shook my head with a smile.

"I totally understand. You need heavy security if you're leading the biggest and strongest coven in the world," I replied and eyed Jane, who was standing next to Aro - her eyes narrowing at me.

Aro gave out a laugh - not a forced one as he stood up and walked towards me. "You sure have your way of making others happy."

"I try," I smiled and took one small gulp when he stopped in front of me.

He was slightly taller than me, his eyes red from drinking human blood. I thought of a reason for that - maybe it's some sort of disorder that some vampires have.

The door creaked opened and small footsteps could be heard walking into the room.

That footstep.

"Ah, I know it has been so long since we discussed our plans for young Renesmee," Aro started putting out his hand for whoever was walking into the room.

"Too long," I agreed but did not turn to look at whoever had just stepped into the room.

"I want you to meet one of our most special vampire guards - one of the best," I saw a pale hand reaching out to take Aro's hand.

This time, I turned to see Bella Swan standing next to Aro, her face emotionless - just like the other soulless guards that are working for the Volturi.

I knew I've seen her somewhere, I thought when I remembered seeing her photograph in Charlie's house.

I tilted my head to the side with a huge smile.

"Isabella," I bowed in courtesy, reaching out my hand to take hers in mine and kissed the top of her hand. "I've heard so much about you."

She didn't say anything and I let her hand go. I frowned a little when I noticed that her eyes were red - like the every vampire in this coven. She has been drinking human blood.

"Forgive me if I sound impatient, Salvatore," Aro interrupted my thoughts. "But how is our dear Renesmee doing?"

"Good," I answered, putting my hands inside my pocket.

Aro eyed me but did not say anything more. It was his way of telling others than he needed to hear more than that.

"I gave her my blood, just like you requested," I added and he broke out a smile again.

"Good! Good!" he patted my shoulder a little too hard causing me to stumble a little. "A few more drops and then you can kill her.."

"About that," I interrupted causing Aro to look at me with a frown. "I was wondering if, uhm, maybe Jane or Felix could kill her?" I could see the look of disapproval on his face so I quickly added, "I don't like getting my hand stained."

After a few moment of silence, Aro laughed out loud, patting my shoulders as though he understood my request. I should've known it wasn't a good thing because both Demetri and Felix grabbed hold of my arms from the side and kicked my knees forward and I fell so I was on my knees.

I hissed out in pain silently before Aro cupped my face to look up at him.

"Bad idea," I quickly said, shaking my head smiling at him. "Okay, it was a bad idea. I'm sorry I even spoke."

"I do not think you understand the situation here, Salvatore," Aro released my face and took a step back.

"I do!" I cried out, feeling panic all over me. "I do! I understand the situation perfectly!"

All I could think about was that this was probably my last moment of being a living non-living thing.

"I think you should be taught a lesson to be serious in situations like this." I followed his gaze and saw Jane smiling her evil smile. "What do you think, Jane?"

"I think that's a good idea, Sir," Jane replied taking a step towards me.

"No, wait! I'm sorry!" I apologized, feeling blood rushing all over my body with such speed. "I won't joke around anymore!"

My pleads fell into deaf ears when I felt as though a thousand invisible wooden stakes have plunged into my body over and over again. I squeezed my eyes shut, falling down onto the ground as soon as Demetri and Felix let me go. The pain wasn't going away.

And for once, I felt that dying was a better option for me.

The pain stopped and everything around me seems to be a blur. Aro towered over me as he looked down and shook his head.

"N - Nessie," I croaked before the darkness took over.

[Third Party's POV]

Aro looked down at the one vampire who was charming enough to get his job done. Unfortunately, that vampire was also one of the most - well, arrogant ones. Never serious about anything at all.

"It's disheartening to see one of us going through the pain," Aro shook his head and looked up at his guards.

Isabella was looking at him with a look of disapproval but she did not say anything at all.

"Don't worry, my dear. I shall get one of the guards to bring your daughter here for a visit," Aro smiled one of his sinister smile before he turned to look at Demetri and then to Jane. "The both of you are to go back and bring her back here without harm. Remember that the one named Alice is able to see your visit to them. Do not raise any suspicion."

Demetri bowed to his master before taking a step back out the door with Jane.
♠ ♠ ♠
Dun dun dunnnn. Big cliff-hanger. Bella's alive!

Anyone who's confused, write me a comment and I'll try my best to explain!
But seriously, comment. I love comments.