Sequel: Mind Games

Animal I Have Become

Damon In The Swan's Residence

Everyone was seated in the living room, their face so serious. I think Carlisle has taken some time off since he was still in his doctor's coat.

"What happened?" I was the one who spoke up first as I looked around, hoping someone would answer me.

"I saw him feed again. On Mike Newton's father," Alice voice sounded so sad for the first time.

She looked up at Daddy. I turned to look at Daddy, whose face was emotionless.

"Who's Mike Newton?" I asked.

"An old friend," Daddy simply replied and I gritted my teeth.

"We've given him a warning and he chose to ignore it. I say we go destroy him right now before he does a lot of damage," he continued.

We all turned to look at Carlisle. He looked like he didn't like the idea at all.

"You know we don't conform to violence unless we see the need to," Carlisle started.

"But he -"

"So we're going to try to ask him nicely one more time to stop what he's doing," Carlisle interrupted Daddy. He turned to look at everyone.

"I know the Newton's very well and it is a definite shame to have one of the nice people die like that," he paused and took a deep breath. "But I believe people change - and hopefully, for the better."

Carlisle stood up and all our eyes were on him. "When I return tonight, we will go over to his place and talk."

I nodded my head and watch him leave the house. As soon as everyone heard his car leave, Daddy turned to look at us.

"The Newton's are our friend. We can't let them die in vain," Daddy stated.

There was silence among the family members. I turned to look at each one of their faces again.

Alice looked sad, Jasper looks like he is in pain from all the emotions in the room. Emmett was balling his fists, Rosalie looked like she couldn't give a damned, Esme looks at each one of her 'children' with concern and Daddy looked murderous.

No one said anything so the house was filled with deadly silence.

"Edward's right," Emmett stood up and faced everyone.

Esme walked up to stand right behind me, her hand on my shoulder. I could see in her mind that she wanted to stop them from making a bad decision without Carlisle. But deep down, she knew that she couldn't stop them - even if she wanted to.

"Maybe Carlisle's right. We don't have to conform to violence," Alice started.

"You can see the future Alice!" Daddy was losing his patience.

Alice shrinked in fear and nodded her head as Jasper wrapped his arms around her.

We heard the door creaked open and turned to see Jacob looking at each one of us, his happy grin turned upside down. "What did I miss?" he asked, as he settled the box of donuts on the table and walked over to me.

"He's attacked again," Daddy simply answered and Jacob's body tensed.

"I should go tell the others," Jacob turned but I reached out and pulled myself to him. He looked surprised, as did the others.

"Please don't leave me," I begged.

I didn't wish to see my family tear apart another vampire's body. It scares me - especially when I have never seen them do that to someone else before. Jacob's surprised face turned normal as he gave me a small smile and embraced me back.

"Let's go," Daddy said as he walked out of the house with Emmett and Rosalie walking close behind.

I turned to look at Alice who, in turn, look back at me. "You don't have to come with us, Nessie," Alice's voice was different from her chirpy self.

I shook my head and insisted in following them as Jacob followed from close behind.

Shockingly, Damon is living with Grandpa Swan. As we stood outside the house, Damon was already waiting for us by the door.

"I knew you'd come looking for me," Damon said, his voice so smug.

"How dare you choose to ignore our warning!" Daddy growled from his throat.

"Easy there, vampy," Damon took a step back, his hands in front of him. "That person deserved what's coming to him. I simply asked for directions and he was - let's just say it was his bad day that ended in a good way."

Before Daddy could take another step towards Damon, we heard a familiar voice coming from inside the house.

"Hey Damon, where'd you put the fish?" Our eyes went behind him to see Grandpa Swan coming out of the house to stop and stare at us. "What are you kids doing out here?"

Grandpa knew of our secret and he was sworn to secrecy. But ever since Mom died, he'd sever ties with the others - though he'll always stop by the school to exchange a couple of words with me. I think to him, I remind him so much of Mom.

"We're just talking, aren't we Edward?" Damon said, eyeing Daddy.

Daddy frowned as he saw the disadvantage he was in. If they were to attack Damon now, Damon would be much quicker to kill Grandpa before we could reach him. And he had promised Mom to take care of Grandpa.

After a moment, Daddy sighed softly in defeat. "Yes we were. We just came by to welcome our new resident," Daddy finally said, glaring at Damon.

"It's in the freezer behind the other meats in there," Damon gave a satisfied smile as he looked at Grandpa.

Grandpa nodded and walked back into the house as Damon shut the door behind him and walked towards us.

"You can't kill me," he said as he stopped in front of Daddy.

"I can rip your throat out before you know it," Daddy hissed from under his breath as everyone else stood next to him in a crouching position.

Jacob took a step in front of me, blocking me from any danger.

"You would've. Since you could have done so for the last five minutes you've been standing here," Damon replied and looked at me.

Jacob, in turn, growled and blocked my view. I tried to peek at Damon over his broad shoulder to see Damon smirking at Jacob's protective front.

"She doesn't like being over-protected, you know," Damon said.

Daddy pushed him hard, causing Damon to stumble a few steps behind. "What the hell do you know about my daughter?"

Damon laughed and shook his head. "You'd lose her if you keep up with that bossy nature of yours."

He turned to walk away and I felt everyone else's eyes on me.
♠ ♠ ♠
Uh-oh! Trouble for Grandpa Swan!
Okay, comment please!