Sequel: Mind Games

Animal I Have Become

Mystery Father

We were taken into a black Mercedes and we travelled for quite some time in the middle of nowhere before I could make out a couple of ancient buildings a few miles over.

Daddy still had the frown on his face and Alice's face has worry written all over it. Jane was up front by the passenger seat, her eyes looking at the rearview mirror every once in a while. Demetri was looking at me with an evil smile though something about his eyes told a whole different story.

The Mercedes came to a halt and the next thing I knew, we were all dragged into a building. The vampire behind me didn't hesitate to push me if I took my time walking. He earned a growl from Daddy, of course but nothing happened after.

The walk to wherever we were taken to seemed nowhere near and my legs were starting to kill me. I paused for a moment but just as the vampire were to push me forward, Demetri came in between and grabbed the vampire's hand.

"I'll take it from here," he instructed.

The other vampire looked taken aback but shrugged instead and walked to the front.

"Careful Demetri," Jane warned, her eyes flickered over to me. "I know you've got soft spots for pretty half-bloods."

She snickered and walked gracefully to the front next to the other vampire.

I looked over at Demetri who was staring at Jane in disbelief. If vampires could blush from anger, I bet Demetri would right now. But instead of protesting, he simply shook his head and sighed softly.

We were ushered into a big room that looked very ancient - probably before the dinosaur era; give or take.

There, sitting on an ancient chair in the middle of the room was Aro. I gritted my teeth but felt someone got a hold of me from behind - Demetri.

"So nice of you to join us!" Aro greeted with enthusiasm as he stood up with open arms.

Two old vampires were sitting by each of his sides, their eyes watching me with scrutiny. I knew their names. Markus and Caius.

"It's not like we had a choice," I grumbled and Aro looked at me with a shocked look.

A second later, he laughed as though I had just told him a really funny joke.

"I have a huge fascination on what your powers might be, child," Aro started towards me.

"Your father - he seemed to be able to read minds of anyone in a room except your mother's. And then there's your mother - who is able to block out every one of our abilities on her or the people she focuses on."

He stopped right in front of me, Demetri still not taking his hands off me. Daddy started struggling and there was a silent protest from Alice for him to stop.

Aro reached out and took my hands, his eyes seemed distant. I thought of how Daddy told me Aro killed Mom.

His eyes widened a little but then grinned. He pulled his hands away and looked at me deep in the eyes.

"Is that what he really told you?" Aro looked over at Daddy's and I could see Daddy shiver a little.

"Don't you dare!" Daddy shouted before he screamed and went down on his knees.

My eyes started to fill with tears and everyone in the room started growling a little as they stared at my bloody tears.

"What's going on?" I stammered.

The next words coming from Aro changed my whole life, "Why my dear, your mother's alive and well!"

[Unknown POV]

"I need to know which rooms the Cullens are in," I asked the lady at the counter.

She shook her head and smiled politely. "I'm afraid I am not authorized to give out VIP details to anyone. It is against the hotel's policy."

I leaned in and stared straight into her eyes - not blinking at all. She looked stunned but did not take her eyes off me either.

"I really hope you can disregard the policy just this once?" I added with charm.

"Of course," she answered dreamily before looking at her computer screen.

Feeling someone watching me, I glanced back to see a red-head girl with her brunette haired friend smiling flirtatiously at me.

I've always loved the French, I thought and smiled graciously back at them - causing them to squeal excitedly at each other.

I faced the lady at the counter who was still busy searching for the records. I could feel the two girls walking towards me while I remained where I was.

"Excusez-moi, Monsieur," one said as she made me turn to face the both of them.

"No, no. Excusez-moi," I took each one of their hands and kissed the top of their hands causing them to blush wildly. "What can I do you for, ladies?"

"Ve vere standing there vhen ve saw you by yourself and ve decided zat you could have some company," the red-head with the heavy accent said as she stroked my hair seductively.

"That sounds really good, ladies. But I'm afraid that my business have to come first. I hope you understand?" I pulled her hand away, not letting her go though.

She smiled though her eyes showed disappointment. "Of course."

Just as they were to walk away, I called out to them. "But I'll be sure to meet you after my business."

The both of them turned with excitement again.

"That is, if the offer still stands?"

"Monsieur," the lady at the reception called out, her voice still dreamy. "I've got the room number for you."

:::

Standing outside the room, my heart thudded wildly. I shook myself out of the nervousness I was feeling.

He abandoned me, I scolded myself before the feeling of joy could wash all over me.

For so long I have waited to knock on his door to demand an answer from him. But yet, I couldn't bring myself to do just that. My fists were clenched up in the air, inches away from knocking on the smooth wooden texture of the door.

I have an idea or two on why he'd abandoned me to an orphanage. Perhaps I was afraid that t bhe answer he had wasn't what I wanted to hear.

Nonetheless, the door creaked open without me having to knock it.

There, in front of me, stood my biological father, Carlisle Cullen.
♠ ♠ ♠
Two updates in a day, that is awe-freaking-some.

And whoa! Bet you didn't expect Carlisle to be Unknown's father did you? :P

Question still remains. Who is Unknown??

Comments are appreciated.