Sequel: Mind Games

Animal I Have Become

Revelations

His eyes looked at me with caution - I could tell by looking at his rigid body and the way his family behind him looked at me.

"Who are you," he finally spoke.

Yes, I used the word spoke and not asked because by the tone of it, he doesn't seem too cheerful in meeting me.

"Leo," I answered, not taking my eyes off him. "Though I think Gabriel would be a better name."

He froze and his eyes widened as he scritunized me from head to toe. Then, as though he was telling himself something else, he shook off his surprise.

"Nice to meet you Leo. Is there anything we could to do help? The television in your room isn't broken is it?" he talked as though I was just staying in the hotel room next door.

"No, I came here to see my father," I snapped, irritated by his cool exterior.

"There are no dogs living in this city," a blonde girl about my age spat in annoyance.

She was covering her nose in disgust as she glared at me.

"Rosalie, mind your language," Carlise spoke fiercely as he turned and stared at her with anger.

I stared at him a little surprised. Did he just stood up for me?

An older looking vampire came and held Carlisle's hand, as if to show him support. She looked at me and gave me a warm motherly smile.

"Is it really you?" he asked, his voice broke a little.

If a vampire could cry, he'd be doing just that.

"Were you expecting me to look like you?" I snarled, baring my fangs.

The older woman took a step back in shock, but Carlisle did not move an inch. Instead, he slowly reached out to touch my face.

This time, it was I who took a step backwards, glaring at him.

"I'm not here for a family reunion," I spoke snobbishly, rolling my eyes over at his family. "I'm here for answers."

"Come in?" Carlisle asked, hoping that I wouldn't reject his offer.

But before I could speak, someone bumped onto me from behind. All I could see was a mop of blonde hair rushing to Carlisle and his wife whispering something.

Their expressions turned grim and the older woman went in to tell the others what the blonde guy said.

Carlisle walked over to me and placed a hand on my shoulder. Just before I could jerk myself away from him, he said in a hushed tone, "I wish to answer all your questions. But this isn't the right time. My granddaughter has been taken by the Volturi and I have to go over immediately."

Was he talking about Nessie?

"They have Nessie?" Another voice added causing me to turn around.

Jacob rushed towards us, all he had with him was a bagpack.

"Jake, what are you doing here?' the older woman asked, obviously surprised.

"I wanted to see Nessie," he replied but I waved my arms around wildly to get their attention.

I did.

"What do you mean the Volturi have Nessie?"

[Nessie's POV]

"You're lying," I struggled to be free from Demetri's grip. "She's dead and it's because of you!"

Aro's smile was still plastered to his face. If you thought Damon's smile was annoying, Aro's could kill you from anger.

"What exactly did your family told you happened, child?" he asked, brushing a strand of my hair behind my ears.

I stood there, dumbfounded as he led me out of the room - away from Daddy, Alice and the other vampires.

The only ones following us were Jane and Demetri.

"No, Aro. Please don't," Daddy's pleads could be heard before the sound of the huge wooden door closing could be heard.

"Your mother is alive, Renesmee. And she wishes to see you," Aro added as we walked through a long hallway.

After ten seconds of walking, he stopped and pointed inside a room.

For a second, I thought I would see Damon sitting on a table with his idiotic smirk telling me that this has all been a joke.

But I was wrong.

There, standing in the middle of the gothic ancient room was my mother, Isabella Swan.

My heart literally jumped and I pinched myself to see if I was dreaming. I wasn't of course.

When she saw me, her thin lips curved upwards into a smile as she rushed forward to give me a hug.

"Oh Nessie," her voice chimed and she kissed the top of my head with love.

A few drop of tears slid down my face. This was how it felt like to be loved by my mother. She pulled away and looked at me with a sad smile.

"How are you?"

"You're supposed to be dead," I muttered in a zombie-like tone.

"Is that what your father wanted you to believe?" she asked and I nodded my head.

"Still the same stubborn man he was," she sighed but shrugged immediately after.

I stared at her in disbelief. The mother I knew would be asking me about how the family was doing or rather asked me about how my life had been so far without her.

"Why are you with them?" I pointed to the Volturi accusingly. "They're evil!"

"No honey," she cooed and kissed the top of my head again. "No they're not."

"What do you mean?" I raised my voice. "They took you away from me!"

"They didn't take me away, Nessie," she whispered, staring at her feet. "I went with them."

Those words hit me like a tonne of bricks. I couldn't find the next words to say.

"They showed me how I can control my abilities - how powerful I am," she started talking about Powers that made her feel good.

It was when I noticed her red eyes.

"Don't get all judgemental, sweetie," she noticed my face and smiled. "After all, you had a taste of it too."

"It's not true!" I yelled, blushing from embarrassment.

"There's nothing to be embarrassed about," she cooed. "I mean, it was my idea to have Damon Salvatore steal you away from the Cullens."

As if on cue, a body was thrown in front of me. The person groaned in pain as he struggled really hard to stand up.

"Don't," Damon's breathing was heavy. "Don't believe a thing they say."

He looked up at me with both his knees on the ground and I could see blood dripping down his lips and nose. It was like he was trying to focus on me.

"You know it's true, Damon," my mother said with a light-hearted smile. "In exchange for Katherine, remember?"

Katherine?
♠ ♠ ♠
Heaven Help Us's guess is spot-on!
-gives virtual Damon Salvatore cookies-

:D
The comments are wonderful, so please keep them coming!