Sequel: Mind Games

Animal I Have Become

Where'd You Go

Katherine?

My mind was still adjusting to the fact that my own mother is alive. So it took me a few seconds to realize what she was talking about.

I slowly focused on Damon who was already standing up, his hand to the side of his stomach. He was scrunching his face a little from the pain.

"I - I don't believe you," I turned to my mother, shaking my head in disbelief - tears forcing their way out. "Why should I believe you when you have been alive all this time?"

"Don't believe me then," she replied nonchalantly with a shrug.

She stopped pacing around and kept quiet for a second before turning to look at me with a huge smile on her face.

"But isn't it weird how he happens to choose Forks to live in? I mean, he could go to Atlanta or something! And how he knew where the meadow was and where Charlie lives?"

"No," I shook my head as Damon started protesting in the background.

"How he knew you were a hybrid," she continued with a smile and stopped in front of me, pushing a strand of hair behind my ears.

"She's lying!" Damon was getting furious by the minute before he growled in pain and fell to the floor.

"I think you should let the mother speak to the daughter," Jane said and when I turned, I realize that Aro, Demetri and Jane hadn't left.

Aro had a satisfied smile plastered on his face.

"Why couldn't you visit me just once to tell me that you're alive?" I stared at my feet, feeling the loneliness of not having a mother fill my emotions.

"I wanted to," she frowned. "But your father wouldn't allow of it. He didn't want me to brainwash you into thinking that drinking human blood would make you feel alive.

"I wanted to take you away from that God-forsaken place and bring you here. Aro and the others have been treating me well. Humans are afraid of us here," she continued, her red eyes shimmered with excitement.

This is not the mother I once knew, my mind told me.

She's still your mother, my heart whispered.

"What are you talking about?" I shrieked in anger, feeling every muscles in me tighten. "You were human once! And how could you tell Damon to use Grandpa Charlie against us?"

For a second, her face fell.

"To get used to the vampire life, we have to forget about our past life - and that includes Charlie," she answered and sighed.

"Is that what you really think? Or was it Aro's saying?" I was so close to clawing her eye out.

I heard someone snickered in the background but ignored it as I was too much focused on Bella.

"And does that mean you were even going to forget about Dad and me?"

"Your dad made me into what I am," she bellowed in anger, her red eyes burning into mine and I jumped from shock. "If he hadn't come into my life, I wouldn't have to forget about Charlie and my friends - who have a chance to grow old and die. It is because of him that I have become the animal that I am today."

This time, it was Damon who laughed out loud. Both of us turned to look at him, our emotions mixed of confusion and anger.

"Excuse me for laughing. But this conversation is becoming ridiculous." he stood up again and put out a finger to Jane.

Aro signaled for his minion to not do anything and Damon continued.

"But wasn't it you who made Edward promise to change you? I mean, it didn't bother you when you were still human. The fact that you are so obsessed into becoming a vampire was just so you could live with Edward forever. Now that you're a vampire, you're searching for all possible reasons just to hate him?" Damon rolled his eyes - I could tell from his face that he was bored talking about this.

"Yes, that's true but -"

"Just answer me this question in front of your daughter and everyone in this room," Damon stopped right in front of her, not taking his eyes off hers.

It had the look anger that is masked by the look of amusement. He was in a serious mood.

"Do you regret giving birth to Renesmee?"
♠ ♠ ♠
Kayla, JaspersGirl108, Heaven Help Us, Musicluver90001, YianaTwilightVampire, needxmorexparamore, vgr74 -

Thank you everyone for taking a time out to comment on my story. It means the whole world to me!

needxmorexparamore has dared me to come up with a twist that cannot be predicted. I'll try to do just that. Thank you for your honest opinion! ;D