Sequel: Mind Games

Animal I Have Become

Damon Salvatore Have Feelings

[Damon's POV]

"Just answer me this question in front of your daughter and everyone in this room," I stared into her eyes, forcing to keep my anger in check. "Do you regret giving birth to Renesmee?"

Bella's face had the innocent look once again, this time, she turned to look at the hybrid.

"Why would I regret giving birth to her? She's my daughter and I love her," Bella gave an excuse. "If I regretted giving birth to her, I wouldn't have tried so hard to bring her here."

"If you love her Isabella," I hissed her name with venom and her body froze as she glared at me. "You wouldn't have forced me to make her into an animal."

She snarled and reached out to grab my throat.

I didn't move.

My gaze told her to bite my neck and get it over with. But instead of giving in to her anger, she threw me across the room and my back hit hard against the wall and I fell down with a loud thud.

She was in front of me instantly and she continued to throw me across the room.

"How dare you!" she growled.

"Stop it!" the hybrid screamed repeatedly as I got thrown across the four walls in the room.

I could have reacted to the threats immediately. After all, I am a few hundred years older than this newbie. I was faster and experienced.

But I wouldn't.

I know Isabella still holds a special place in the hyrbid's heart.

Why should I be the one to break her heart again?

After that thought, I mentally kicked myself for having such thoughts.

I'm Damon Salvatore. I don't have feelings for the imbeciles I meet.

"Mommy please!" The hybrid called again and this time, Isabella had her hand on my throat her teeth a few inches away from my neck.

She threw me down onto the floor, and I coughed out loud in pain, gritting my teeth soon after.

Isabella was in front of the hybrid with a smile on her face.

"You know I would do anything to protect you, Nessie," she cooed, kissing her daughter's cheeks.

"What do you want?' The hybrid's voice choked, eyeing me with tear-filled eyes.

Isabella stared at her daughter in disbelief. "I don't want anything from you. I just want us to be together."

"Daddy's outside right now," the hybrid whispered and Isabella's face turned to disgust.

"I don't want nor do I need to know where your Dad is. I just want you to stay here with me."

There was silence in the room, the only thing that could be heard was my own heavy breathing. My muscles were aching all over, my guts felt like it's been ripped open. I groaned silently and looked up to see a new vampire coming up to Demetri and whispered something to the latter.

The latter's head shot up a little in surprise but nodded his head before walking over to Aro and whispered something to the old vampire.

With my head still in a daze from all the throwing around, I couldn't listen to what they were saying. I shook my head and tried to listen in again, but they have already finished talking.

"Watch them," Aro told Demetri before he quickly rushed off with his personal bodyguard, Jane.

"You know what?" the hybrid broke me out of my thoughts.

I turned to see her smiling brightly for the first time since I met her.

There was this strange glee coming from her, I was actually a tiny bit afraid that she was going to accept Bella's proposal.

"I just realized that my mother's dead since the day she abandoned me," the hybrid looked up at Isabella who's face was turning red by the instant. "I don't have a mother."

"Why you little brat!" Isabella let out a blood-curling scream.

I stood up and rushed to put myself in between the hybrid and the raging vampire bitch, reaching out to grab her by the throat and barred my fangs for her to notice.

"If you so lay a finger on her," I breathed into her face, not taking my eyes off her. "Help me God, I will kill you."

It caught her off-guard but she started laughing maniacly. In response, I frowned.

"I don't believe this," Isabella laughed, not bothering to jerk herself away from me. "Damon Salvatore, are you actually feeling something other than hatred?"

"Sweetheart, you don't know what you're talking about," I gave her another one of my Damon Salvatore grin and raised my eyebrows in amusement.

"Sure I do," Isabella pulled herself away from me and took a few steps back. "You're in love with Nessie."

All I did was to stand there dumbfounded, letting her words penetrate through my brain.

"No, I don't," I replied coldly. "I'm using her for my own personal benefit. I don't love her and I will never feel anything for her."

I turned to look at Nessie who stared at me with a hurt expression on her face. That radiant smile coming from her since she severed ties with her mother had vanished completely.

"Now, now Damon. You can convince yourself with that sorry excuse, but deep down?" Isabella chuckled darkly. "We both know you're lying to yourself."

Is Isabella right in saying that?

I started to wonder but at that precise moment, I could hear some shoutings coming from down the hallway.
♠ ♠ ♠
Musicluver90001, Kayla, JaspersGirl108, vgr74, needxmorexparamore, Star.Bright, xXxEnchanted OnexXx and Angel of rock! -

Thank you once again for all your honest opinions and comments!

Poor Nessie.. Can anyone guess what's going to happen on the next chapter?