Sequel: Mind Games

Animal I Have Become

The End Is Near

"Nessie!" someone called out.

"Jake?" I whispered softly, turning to the door.

More blood-piercing screams fills the hallway. I could smell Jake coming from down the hall.

Demetri was gone - probably to help with the situation. As I run towards the door, the woman I used to call my mother was in front of me with a smile on her face.

And Damon was in between us once again, his back was facing me.

"I'm giving you another chance, Renesmee. Come with me or everyone you know will have no chance of survival," she warned, not taking her eyes off me. "And that includes Jacob."

Damon froze once again for the many times today.

"All you have to do is to kill yourself and then you'll be a full-pledged vampire like me," Bella said and grinned. "After all the blood you've taken from Damon, I'm pretty sure you're ready."

More screams and there was a werewolf's growl in anger.

"I think the lady has made her choice," Damon answered with a sarcastic tone.

Bella took a step towards me with her hands reaching out, but Damon caught it swiftly and growled a throaty growl.

"I said," there was venom in his voice. "Leave her alone."

Bella barred her fangs as she hissed in anger and she jerked herself away, crouching to get ready to attack Damon.

I stood there, completely frozen in place and stared at the duel that was about to happen.

Bella jumped to attack Damon but the latter moved just in time as he grabbed her hair and threw her across the room causing her to scream in pain. He was next to her before she could move and slammed her against the wall.

"I really don't have the time to do this," Damon said but Bella kicked him on the shin and he howled in pain.

"No one asked you to be part of this," Bella breathed heavily with a huge smile on her face.

"You became part of this when you wanted to be with Katherine. But now? You're falling for my daughter. Are you really that desperate for love, Damon?"

Damon's patience grew thin with every words coming out of her mouth and by the time she finished her last sentence, he growled and attacked her but she moved away and grabbed him and threw him across the room.

She repeated her actions - even though Damon tried to retaliate - for about five more times and I could see Damon's energy grow thin.

He was down on the floor when Bella sat on his stomach and lowered her face towards his with a satisfying smile.

"Tell me Damon, how long has it been since you last fed?" Bella mocked before she glanced up to me. "Why don't you tell me, honey?"

I stared at her before I turned to look at Damon.

"He fed on someone today so I'm sure he'll kick you're pretty butt to hell," I snapped causing her to frown in anger.

But her frown vanished and she shook her head laughing.

"Oh Renesmee. Don't you know anything that's going on with your life?" she picked Damon up as though she was carrying a piece of paper. "He hasn't fed for a few weeks now - not on human blood anyway."

I was confused, what did she meant by that?

Bella threw him on the ground.

"You're wrong," Damon moaned and coughed out some blood.

Get out of here, you stupid hybrid, Damon's voice was in my head.

I didn't move. Simply stood and stared as Bella walked around the room talking about how Damon is in love with me to how I should be with her and not Daddy.

What the hell are you waiting for? Christmas?

I can't just leave you here with her! And besides, the guards are outside, they'll catch me, I stuttered.

You're either ignorant or you're really not a bright person. Damon grumbled as he faced the ceiling with another painful moan. Your family is just down the hall. Stay with the dog. He'll protect you.

He looked at me weakly, mouth opened as he breathed in oxygen. Then he nodded his head and smiled.

Right before me, his black eyes turned red and his fangs showed. He was not the Damon Salvatore I knew - not on the physical appearance anyway.

He snarled and rushed to hit Bella - which caused a huge impact since she crashed onto the wall to cause a crack.

Now! Go now! he screamed into my head.

I let my legs take control as they started to run for the door. But just before I ran out of the room, I turned one last time and saw Damon smiling - his very first genuine smile before he turned to focus on Bella.

Jacob, I thought and ran down the hall towards the screams.

[Damon's POV]

As I watched the hybrid run out of the room, there was a strange feeling in the pit of my stomach.

Be happy, I thought and smiled at her.

I heard Bella move and I turned my attention to her and grabbed her by her hair and pulled her body against mine as I lowered my face to her neck.

"You may be right about my feelings for your daughter," I titled my head back and widened my eyes. "Oh wait. That's right. She's not your daughter anymore."

She snarled right back and punched me across the jaw and I fell backwards.

"You really should've fed before coming here, Damon. You're no match against me when you're weak with animal blood and me with human blood," she cackled.

"Maybe so, but at least I was able to take your attention away from your daughter," I gave her one more Damon Salvatore smile and her head snapped up to look at where the hybrid was last standing.

Her face crumpled and then the last thing I remember was her screaming in anger.
♠ ♠ ♠
Kayla, Star.Bright, Musicluver90001, Angel of rock! [ps, love your sig on Sherlock x)] , Heaven Help Us and JaspersGirl108 -

And the new subscribers.... Thank you guys for commenting! I love love love you! *gives Damon Salvatore cookies*

Anyway, did anyone catch one thing Damon had done that he would NEVER in a million years do? :D What do you think's going to happen next? I'd love to hear your feedbacks - positive or negatives!

Only a few more chapters to go! -sniffs-

PS: I'm writing on a new crossover fic on Damon Salvatore/Vampire Academy and Supernatural over *here*. I do hope you can a few minutes of your time to read it.