Sequel: Mind Games

Animal I Have Become

She Needs Us

So many screams could be heard all over.

So many rooms down the hallway. Where could Jacob be?

I let my instinct take over as I turned to my left towards a room that had some sort of a burning stench in the room.

Smoke filled the room and it seemed to coming from a fire at the corner of the room. Right next to the fire stood Jasper and Emmett, doing some victory dance for ripping a Volturi guard into pieces and throwing him into the fire.

"Nessie!" a strange but comforting voice called out and I followed the sound of it to see Jacob, half-naked looking at me with joy.

I felt my grin grew wide as I run towards him and we embraced each other as though the fighting around us didn't exist.

"Jake-ie, I'm sorry for everything," I cried. "I'm sorry for letting you down!"

"Shhh," Jacob hushed me as he kissed my forehead. "We are all to blame. But I'm more of a bigger jerk than you are."

"Really inspiring," a voice bellowed and we both turn to see Aro standing by the doorway looking at us.

Jacob pushed me behind him and growled at the old vampire in anger.

"I'm not here to fight," Aro quickly said with his hands up as he took careful steps towards us.

And then, just like that, everyone in the room except for Aro screamed in pain. As Jacob had his hand on me, I could feel and see what he was thinking.

The feeling he feels - it was like death, only ten thousand times worse.

Jacob pulled himself away from me and knelt to the ground in pain, as did the others. I bet Jasper felt way worse with everyone's pain combined on him.

It was true. He on the ground, facing the ceiling, his breathing got heavier and heavier with each second.

Jane came out of hiding from behind the walls of the room and walked in with a satisfied smile on her face.

[Leo's POV]

Pacing around my suite, I felt like something didn't felt right.

I know how powerful the Volturi coven are. The Cullens wouldn't make it. Not even with one werewolf by their side.

Why should I care, my head told me with anger. Why would I care when all those years growing up, they never bothered looking for me.

Renesmee is innocent in all this. And she's your friend, my heart whispered and I felt the anger detoriate a little.

Nessie.

The girl who have been nice to me even though I had plans to destroy her once upon a time.

I grabbed my coat and started towards the door.

They cannot defeat the Volturi with one werewolf. They would need someone stronger than a vampire or a werewolf.

[Nessie's POV]

"What do you think you're doing? Let them go!" I shouted in anger, glaring hard at the old vampire.

"Now why would I do that, child? Do you love them enough to do anything - anything at all for their safety?" Aro asked, taking slow strides towards me.

I turned to look at everyone at the ground, Jacob still had the strength to look over at me and shook his head before he threw his hands to his head and screamed out loud.

I felt the blood in my body rush to my eyes, adrenaline pumping through my veins - my teeth hurts for a few seconds before fangs replaced my previous teeth.

"Child, you should know that if you wish to attack me, everyone you love here will die," Aro said sternly.

"I will snap your little minion's head before she could do anything to them," I threatened as I glared over at Jane's way.

They are not going to take my family away from me - not again.

Just then, I saw a figure coming out from the shadows and whispered to Aro's ear. Aro's eyes widened and looked over at Demetri who had a sullen look.

"Well then, it seems that your mother and husband had the fight to uh, what do you humans call it?" Aro questioned himself before he smiled an evil smile. "Ah yes. They had a fight to the bitter end."

I felt my body go weak.

Damon, I thought.

"Please let my family go," I hear myself beg. "I'll do anything. I'll join your coven."

"No!" Jacob growled before he whimpered in pain.

"Did I hear you correctly, my child?" Aro had the satisfaction smile.

Slowly I nodded.

"Just tell me what to do," I said and wiped my tears away.

[Edward's POV]

Nessie, someone thought as he struggled to stay alive. Then there was silence.

Bella, my heart ached as I stepped inside the room where Damon's thought was heard.

There, towering over Damon's unmoving body stood my sweetheart. Her body went rigid and I know that she knows I was in the room.

"Edward," she muttered before she turned around and smiled widely at me.

I stared at Damon on the ground before looking up at my wife.

"What have you done?" I started shaking a little.

It was one thing to fight against the Volturi guards, but to see the woman that I love after so long felt worse.

And just like that, she had me pinned on the ground, her hand on my throat.

I didn't move or try to harm her in any way. I simply let her have her way.

"I'm angry, Edward. What exactly did you tell Nessie about my not being there for her?" she moved her face closer to mine, I was inches away from kissing her.

"How can you tell her that I'm dead?" she sounded genuinely hurt before she tightened her grip on my throat. "Didn't I tell you that all I did, I did it for the both of you?"

"You did it for yourself," I managed to say despite her hold of me and I looked deep into her eyes.

The things I wish I could do to read her thoughts now.

"You couldn't handle the fact that Nessie's life could be in danger in case the Volturi came back. But instead of fighting against them together with the people who loves you, you join them," she started to shake hard when I said that. "And for what? For a better life for Nessie?"

"I did it for Nessie! I sacrificed myself for my family!" Bella screamed as she let go of me and stood at the end of the room, far away from me, her hands on her forehead in exasperation.

"What Nessie ever needed was her mother to be there for her," I kept my patience and started towards her.

Bella shook her head and covered her ears, singing to herself.

"With you gone, she blames herself," I finished and she froze before looking up at me.

"You told her I was dead," she whispered.

"You'd rather I tell her that her mother went of to join the bad guys for her safety? The day you walked out of our lives, Bella, you were dead to me," I answered coldly.

Right then and there, I watched as a slip of tear rolled down her pale cheeks. Hesitantly, I walked towards the love of my life.

"She needs us now, Bella," I whispered. "She needs her mother."

Her head shot up and her red blood-thirsty eyes looked at me with a sad expression.
♠ ♠ ♠
Kayla, JaspersGirl108, Musicluver90001, needxmorexparamore, Angel of rock!, YianaTwilightVampire, Heaven Help Us, sporteegurl, topsecret88, Reddielove88, X.Demetri.X -

Thank you all for your support and comments.

I'm sorry for this late chapter but I've been so busy with work and stuff.

I almost cut this story short but I decided against it because you guys deserve more than another cliff-hanger. ;)

What do you guys think will happen next? I'm psyched to hear your opinions so please leave your comments. :)