Sequel: Mind Games

Animal I Have Become

Stake My Heart

"I should have known better than to think that you were one of us, Isabella," Jane said with venom.

"Lucky for me," Mom answered.

I kept trying to move at least one part of my body for about five minutes. After a few failed attempts, I was able to slowly move my hand. Daddy seemed to have noticed that because he immediately grab hold of my hand and finger-combed my hair.

"Daddy," I heard my own voice croaked.

"Yes sweetie, I'm here," Daddy kissed my forehead with joy.

I struggled to open my eyes but once I did so, all I can see are flashes of white light blinding my eyes. So I blink a little and shook my head - hoping for it to stop.

My head aches and I could feel as though my brain was about to explode. Even my own body was aching all over but I managed to stand up nonetheless.

I looked up and saw Mom and Jane eyeing each other with Jane obviously trying to inflict pain to the other. Mom remained unaffected, though.

And then, just like that, they started trying to rip each other's throat apart.

Daddy had to carry me to the end of the room to get away from the fight happening between two ravaged female vampires.

"Jacob," I tried to say but coughed.

Jacob is out cold in the middle of the room, his eyes shut and he was breathing heavily. Then my eyes gazed over the door and saw Demetri watching the fight before his eyes met mine.

His face was expressionless.

Daddy seemed to have notice me tensing because he followed my gaze and gave a low gutteral growl. Demetri's eyes shifted over to Daddy before he let out a sinister smile and started walking towards us in a slow but deadly pace.

Daddy went in front of me in his protective mode.

"Edward, we meet again," Demetri smiled, his hands behind him.

"Don't you come near my daughter or I swear to God -"

"Swear to God?" Demetri interrupted with a fake chuckle. "God isn't listening right now. And I don't think he cares about creatures like us."

There was a dark sense of humor in that sentence itself that seems all too familiar somehow.

Then a piercing scream filled the room and everyone's attention was to the source of the sound - Jane.

Mom had torn apart one of Jane's arm and the latter dropped to the ground. I looked over at Demetri and saw him tense before he growled out loud. And just like that, he had Mom pinned to the ground.

Daddy was right with them the next second and then Demetri was fighting both Mom and Daddy.

Just then, someone stepped into the room and I saw that it was Felix. His eyes glared over at the fight going on between Daddy Mom and Demetri to the other side of the room where Emmett, Jasper and another Volturi guard were also fighting.

For some reason, he decided that Demetri needed more help than the other Volturi guard. He was just behind Mom, getting ready to rip her apart but Jacob was there in an instant, knocking the big vampire off his feet.

Mom looked surprised but got over it immediately because she started to tackle Demetri again.

"Nessie," a voice cooed from behind me, causing me to turn around in shock. I stood up and my head spinned a little, causing me to stumble.

It was one of the Volturi guard. He looked a little like Jane and if I had any clue to who he was, he's probably Alec - Jane's brother.

His red eyes looked over at me with revenge in them and he barred his fangs to me.

"Your mom just caused my sister pain," he growled, taking steps closer to me as I took steps backwards. "And now, I'm going to return the favor."

I saw what he had in his hands and froze. It was a stake - another way to kill a vampire. He then gave me a sinister smile - even more sinister than Aro's.

[ Damon's POV ]

I gasped out loud and started breathing heavily. I felt like I had been trying to run away from death for a couple of blocks.

Trying to sit up, there was a sharp pain on the side of my stomach so I laid back down and moaned in pain. Tears were actually streaming down my face and I shut my eyes to shut away the pain.

I cocked my head forward to see what was wrong and saw a wooden piece of furniture stuck to the side of my stomach. Immediately, I thought of the fight I had with the hybrid's mother.

"Ughh," I managed to say and pulled the stick out of my stomach, blood gushing out from the wound.

I held onto my stomach to stop myself from bleeding but it hurts even more. It was like salt being added to the wound.

I have to admit, Isabella is so much stronger than I am - blocking my attacks on her and all. She had been trained well by the Volturi.

I knocked the back of my head on the floor a couple of times, groaning again, shutting out the pain.

Then, at that moment there was a blood-curling scream coming from down the hallway and I thought of the hybrid.

Nessie, I thought and for a moment, the pain disappeared.

I stood up and limped out of the room, my hand still on my stomach.

Nessie, I thought limping down the hallway. Nessie, I'm coming.

I saw Aro leaving with a couple of guards by his side and I thought about what a coward he was. I shook my head and tried to laugh but choked instead because the laughing with a wounded stomach hurts like fudge.

I rested by the door and noticed Jane forcing herself to stand up. The shocking part to what I saw was that she was missing an arm.

Demetri and Felix fighting against Isabella and Edward so I frowned.

Isabella's not on the Volturi's side anymore?

What a twist of event.

Then I felt her distress.

I turned my head to the left and saw Alec gracefully walking towards her with grace and venom.

"Your mom just caused my sister pain," he hissed, taking steps closer to the hybrid. "And now, I'm going to return the favor."

I shook the pain out of my head and used my Power to run across the room to slam Alec against the wall and there was a loud crack.

"Damon," Alec breathed with a smile. "I thought you were dead."

"I'm sorry to disappoint you then," I gave him one of my signature smile causing him to glare at me.

The pain on my stomach came back and I pursed my lips to shut myself from groaning in pain.

"I'm surprised you even bothered coming here. You know you're hurt and you could've saved your own ass instead of getting the other option," Alec's smile came back on.

"You mean the option where I rip your head off of your body?" the smile did not leave my face.

"If you do that, Jane would kill you for killing me," Alec grinned and I rolled my eyes.

This guy is pissing me off. So I kicked him on his jaw causing him to groan out loud. He stood up and tried to punch me, but I moved quickly despite the pain.

I grabbed him by the hair and took the stake in his hands.

"Any last words?" I asked, staring into his eyes.

"Katherine was right to leave you. You're weak," he cackled and I flared up.

I raised the stake and slammed it through his heart and I saw the life get drained out of him. He choked his last breath and then there was no heartbeat.

"Damon," the hybrid breathed and smiled when she saw me. "I thought you were dead."

"So I heard," I huffed as though it was nothing and when she saw the blood on my shirt, I shrugged. "So you missed me?"

I turned to look at the other fights going on and shook my head. Everything then, started to go in slow motion.

I heard the hybrid screaming my name, causing me to turn to look at her in response - my protective for her kicking in.

But she wasn't in any danger. She was running towards me with her hands reaching out.

"Oh Damon," someone whispered behind me.

I turned around and saw Alec standing right in front of me with a huge smile on his face.

A sharp pain went through my heart and I felt the smile on my face disappear as I stumbled backwards.

He smiled even wider when he saw the shocked look of my face.

Impossible, I thought with a frown.

I looked down and saw the wooden stake through my heart and my face crumpled in pain, trying to reach for the stake. I fell down backwards and started breathing heavily.
♠ ♠ ♠
Kayla, YianaTwilightVampire, Heaven Help Us, Angel of Rock!, Reddielove, Musicluver90001, VampLover15e, X.Demetri.X -

Thank you all!

What do you guys think of this chapter?