Sequel: Mind Games

Animal I Have Become

Epilogue

Four months later

Edward watched as his only daughter laughed at whatever that was shown on TV. Ever since the incident over in Italy, she's been depressed about Damon's death.

Although they had brought the body back to America and had buried him in the mansion where Renesmee and him used to live, she would always go over to mourn for him.

He had to admit that he was a little taken aback when he found out her feelings for Damon. Even though she was imprinted to Jacob, it seemed that she was also in love with Damon.

Whatever it was, he felt somewhat indebted to Damon. Damon had protected his precious baby when Alec was some sort of a threat.

That was another thing that puzzles him.

Why would Damon go back to protect her when he could've just left them all to die?

A few weeks after Damon's death, when Renesmee didn't come back from school, Edward had felt that something was wrong.

When Alice focused hard on finding her, it was almost too late for them to save Renesmee. The latter had locked herself up in one of the ladies room in school and had almost slit her one of the main veins on her wrist.

She had been found crying and her blood was everywhere. Ever since then, Edward couldn't take her pain any longer.

He had a reluctant Stefan take away her memory on Damon and everything that happened after their first encounter with Damon. Stefan even added Bella into the picture - he made sure to take away Nessie's memory about her mother being dead.

Jacob had left town to focus on getting a degree before pursuing his dream to own a bar.

Of course, he left town when he knew that Renesmee will be better than okay.

"Daddy," her voice snapped him out of his thoughts and he looked up at her.

"I'm going out for a run," she smiled.

As hard as he tried to read her mind, it was impossible to do so. It was weird - how he couldn't read her thoughts when she mourned for Damon.

He nodded but did not say anything more as he watched her walk gracefully out the house in her white top, pink track pants as well as pink Converse sneakers.


Bella sat outside the porch when she heard the door behind her shut. She didn't turn, instead she just stared ahead.

"Where are you going, sweetheart?" Bella questioned, not looking at her daughter.

"I'm going for a run, maybe catch up with Elena or something," her daughter replied.

Bella turned to face the latter.

"Okay, you be careful," she smiled as she watched her daughter started to sprint.

Then, a certain scent caught her attention. Her head shot up and she felt her fangs start to grow. She ran to the nearby cemetery and saw blood oozing out from an old man's leg. Without much thought or regret, she became a predator.

Every ounce of blood was drained from the homeless man's body, Bella pulled out and wiped her mouth with satisfaction.

She was going to take Renesmee away from this place and bring her daughter up the way the latter is meant to. The way the Volturi needed it to be.


Nessie stopped running as soon as she hit the meadow - the place where her father and mother found peace in the midst of troubles.

The sun was setting, so the horizon was beautiful to look at.

She sat down and watched the scenery before her with a serene smile on her face. A breeze of cold air swept past her face, causing part of her fringe to be blown to the opposite direction.

She reached out and pushed the strand behind her ears but jumped in shock as soon as she heard a loud caw coming from her right.

She turned around and saw a big black crow looking up at her with its big black eyes - eyes that seemed oh-so-familiar to her.


She heard a crow croaking and when she turn to her left, she saw a black crow looking at her with its black eyes.

"You know," she jumped and turned to see a stunning looking young man with black shirt, pants and shoes to go with his leather jacket standing on her right. "The tears doesn't look good on you at all."

She quickly went on her feet and took a few steps back.

"How did you get here?" she asked and watched his every move like a hawk would to it's prey.

"If you thought I followed you, you can stop your day-dreaming," the man smirked as he sat on the grass and took in the sunlight. "Because I found this place even before you got here."

She frowned a little. So he had been here since she had gotten there and been watching her?

"Relax. I'm not going to hurt you," he said, his dark eyes looking at her before he smiled and patted on the grass on his left as a way to tell her to take a seat.

Being the stubborn person she was, she just stood up and crossed her arms.

He seemed to have realized that she still consider him a threat because he shook his head with a sarcastic smile. "I didn't know you and your family are the vegetarian types. Really."

"Why did you come?" she questioned and before a second could pass by, the man was already by her side, his hands pushing her hair to the back of her ears.

She held her breath, reminding herself to not aggravate this man - for whatever reason, she could not remember.

"Because I don't want to see my brother get married to her," he whispered to her ears with menace. He walked away and sat down again. "But enough about me. Why are you here?"

"I just want everyone to stop treating me like a child," she mumbled and he heard it because he tilted his head up and laughed - only, his laugh was dark and devious.

"Ahh. They sound just like my father. Rich and controlling."

She looked up at him with a little understanding. When he patted on the grass next to him again, she didn't stop to think. Instead, she went to sit next to him.


Another caw snapped her out of her thoughts and she frowned.

It felt weird - like she was having a case of dejavu or something.

Was it a memory?

The crow looked at her with such intensity, never taking its eyes off her.

No it couldn't be.

Why couldn't she recall what the stunning young man name was?

It cawed once more before it took off towards the sunset.
♠ ♠ ♠
I'm so sorry this one took so long!

I guess this is the end of the story.
Thank you everyone who supported this story in every way they could - subscribers, commenters... You guys are so awesome.

Do you think I should make a sequel? I don't want to make one if no one wants to read them. Let me know what you think of this chapter or what you think would happen in the future! : )