Sequel: Mind Games

Animal I Have Become

An Hour For A Soul

[ Edward's POV ]

"That's the agreement now," I agreed, looking at both Billy and Jacob Black. When we heard a soft groan, I rushed towards my daughter and looked at her.

"How do you feel?" I asked her with anxiousness.

Carlisle had done the best he could to address the wounds on her neck. It was up to her vampire side to heal herself. I watched in annoyance when Jacob held her hands for comfort.

"Where am I?" she croaked as she struggled to sit up with Jacob's help.

"We're at Jacob's house," I answered with some disagreement in my tone but I shrugged the feelings away and turned to look at her, stroking her hair with care. "We think that you should be more safe here with the do -"

I was about to say dog, but when I heard Jacob's gutteral growl, I decided to use a nicer word for Jacob's kind. "We think that you should be safer with the wolves - with Jacob."

At the mention of his name, Jacob wrapped his arm around Renesmee's shoulder. But slowly, she shook her head and started freaking out. "What about you and the family? What about Grandpa?"

I am not a human - I do not have a heartbeat nor do I have emotions. But to see my daughter scared to death for her family, it breaks my heart.

I hushed her and pulled her away from Jacob into my arms. Trembling again for the second time of my vampire life, I kissed her warm forehead, pushing her hair away from her face before wiping away her bloody red tears that were now rolling down her pale cheeks.

The hunger came, but I've dealt worse before when B - I choked for a moment as I thought of her name for the first time since she -

"I want to go home," Renesmee whispered but I shook my head.

"We'll be okay, Renesmee. Don't you worry about us, do you understand me?" I pulled her away to look at her face - her innocent face who resembles so much like her mother.

Renesmee is the only thing that is keeping me 'alive' as of now. The love of my life is gone. I can't imagine my life without my daughter either.

{ Nessie POV }

Daddy had to leave that night. Maybe it's due to the fact that Billy still doesn't trust vampires. I was taken back to reality when I heard the door creaked open.

Turning around, I saw Billy coming up to me in his wheelchair, blankets on his lap. I looked up at him as he handed me the blanket.

"How are you feeling?" Billy finally spoke for the first time that night.

"You don't hate me?" I asked, a little timid of the man who sat in a wheelchair. Instead, he laughed as though it was a joke.

"Why would I hate you, young Nessie?"

I shrugged lightly. "I see the way you look at my family."

He grinned and shook his head. "I can never bring myself to hate you, Ness. Your mother was a good girl. And I know you're exactly like her. That's why Jacob's been imprinted on you."

I forced myself to smile as he told me to get some rest before he wheeled himself out of the small room.

I could hear a beautiful melody playing. Looking around, I realized that I was in an unknown room - a room I have never been in before. I saw a figure by the piano - a rather familiar figure. I could only see her back though.

Mom, I thought. I was about to walk over to her when I heard someone call out my name.

I turned around to see Damon Salvatore smiling at me, his lips curled upwards.

"Do you like the piano I got you?" he asked as he walked over to me.

"I love it!" a voice spoke before I could reply.

I frowned when Damon walked right past me. I turned and felt my eyes open wide in surprise when I saw him walking over to a girl who looked like me - on the piano.

Only she looked different. Like, she was the princess of darkness or my evil twin. And I watched in horror as I see her lock lips with Damon.

I must be dreaming, I thought and shook my head.

"You have to love it. I had to drain the life out of a guy for it," Damon complained as he took a seat on a wooden chair while my evil twin massaged his shoulders from the back.

"Wait til you see the dinner I have for us," she said with a nasty smile that showed her fangs.


"Nessie!" Someone shook me hard, causing me to open my eyes in shock. I sat up straight, taking deep breaths in and out.

"He's attacked again," Jacob looked at me with sad eyes.

I raised an eyebrow as my breathing went back to normal. "Who?" I asked.

"Amanda Newton," he paused and waited for my reaction.

"Amanda Newton as in Jessica Stanley's daughter?" I stood up immediately in shock and turned to Jacob. "As in, my friend, Amanda?"

Slowly, he rested his hand on my shoulder. "I'm sorry, Nessie."

"I need some time alone," I was starting to shake violently and Jacob refused. "Please Jacob."

Reluctantly, Jacob walked out of the room - but not without looking at me with concern. As soon as he shut the door, I fell to my butt, and rested my back against the bed.

Amanda Newton was my friend. We always hung out in school together and we did our work together too. She was kind of like my best friend. After Aunt Jessica and Uncle Mike split, Aunt Jessica decided to head to California for some time alone leaving Amanda with Uncle Mike.

Growling under my breath, I felt like seeking revenge for my good friend. I stood up and looked outside the window.

If I was going to fight with Damon Salvatore, I know the exact place he would be waiting for me.

I quietly snuck out the window and ran towards the meadow.

"DAMON!" I yelled and turned around looking for him since he was nowhere in sight. "I know you're out here!"

"And how did you guess?" he was standing next to me in a second causing me to jump in shock.

"You killed my friend." It wasn't a question.

He frowned at the coldness in my tone before he nodded his head. "Yes. I did."

"Why?" I was controlling my temper, resisting the urge to just snap his body in half.

"Because I'm a man of my words," he paused before chuckling at the irony of his speech. "Man of my words. Ha!"

I grabbed on his leather jacket and pushed him backwards against a tree. He seemed taken aback by my action.

"How dare you," I started but he shook his head with a half smile.

"Fiesty," he smiled before he held my hands and caressed it. "I've always been a daring person."

Annoyed, I pulled my hands away from him. He seemed to be even more amused by my actions.

"Like I said, Nessie. I'll suck the life out of everyone in this town. And people elsewhere would think of it as an animal attack," he paused and sucked his lips. "Or I can make them think that it's a terrorist attack."

I glared at him in anger but he simply laughed it off. "I'll give you eternity to think about it. But after each hour - and if I still do not have an answer, one soul I take would be on you."
♠ ♠ ♠
Comment please!