Status: active

The Fourth

Chapter One

Kahn raised me since I was born. He knew what was up. He leaned over to me with his glass almost tipping over and said with a sheepish grin,

"That girl's trouble, Alden. Try to guess what she does for a living."

I could hear the ominous tone in that, but I chose to ignore it. I was drunk. I didn't care.

Before he went back to his original position, which was slouching over the bar with a death grip on his glass of rum on the rocks, he leaned over once again very closely, this time dripping some rum on the ground, and blew a raspberry in my ear. By this time, it hardly fazed me. Kahn was that weird... Hell, everything in this world was that weird.

I took a drink of my beer, made a silly face in the mirror and went back to admiring this woman sitting across the bar from us. She was more than just another woman at a bar. She actually looked quite dangerous in her form fitting black dress that went down to the middle of her thighs and these stiletto open toe heels that strapped up her calves. I was intrigued to say the least. I found myself gawking as she gulped down pints of her beer while she playfully caressed her feet and watched the soccer game between Mexico and Argentina.

Kahn had been shouting obscenities at the game and discussing how terrible Argentina had been doing with people close by. We ordered another round. He began humming this one song that he had always been, randomly, since I can remember. All of a sudden, I smelled this deliciously sweet perfume and felt a presence behind me. The woman put her hand on Kahn's shoulder, leaned in and whispered something in his ear. I heard a few words, but I didn't understand the language. Whatever she told Kahn, it made him stop whistling, turn immediately white with fear and clench his head in pain. Before I could get up and stop her from causing anymore harm, she turned away. I turned to her.

Everything around me was going in slow motion but her. She gracefully walked to the front door through the dancers, who seemed to have moved out of the way. Throughout the whole time at the bar, I didn't get one good look at her face. I just knew she had dirty blond hair down to her shoulders and looked damn good in what she was wearing.

Once the tip of her heel exited the door, time caught up and everything continued on as if nothing happened. I sat there awestruck.

Kahn nudged my shoulder,

"Check out this goal."

I turned to Kahn, wondering why in the hell he would be changing the subject after some crazy shit like that had just happened, and asked him if he was alright.

"I'm, as one would say, wasted.", he said.

I looked at him, dumbfounded.

"Good... I'm good. Your lady friend seems to be gone. Now drink your beer and watch the game with us. It's far from over."

Oh, this shit's just beginning.
♠ ♠ ♠
This is my first attempt at writing a story in a very long time.