Status: Done, hope you enjoyed it.

Dear God

One of One

A lonely road, crossed another cold state line Miles away from those I love purpose hard to find While I recall all the words you spoke to me Can't help but wish that I was there Back where I'd love to be, oh yeah.

Johnny Christ and the other Avenged Sevenfold members just finished the last song. It was the middle of a seven month tour and it was Long Beach, California’s turn. The crowd was full of energy and it seemed everyone was having a good time. Everyone but Johnny, he went back to his girlfriend only to start a fight.

Romina threw the dish towards Johnny’s head and he ducked in time before it knocked him out.

“What the fuck?” Johnny yelled.

“When are you going to put our relationship first?” Romina yelled, she’s been with him since Junior year in high school and has supported him since he joined Avenged Sevenfold but it seems that the last months it’s all about the band.

When he’s not touring he’s in the studio with Matt Sanders writing music and she always ended up having dinner alone and she was tired of it. She was tired of being alone. Johnny didn’t think anything was wrong, he gave her all she wanted a house, an expensive car and jewelry girls would die for, but she didn’t want any of that. She wanted him.

“You know the band is important.” Johnny tried to calm her down.

“Yeah, for the last eight years or so.” Romina scoffed. “I can’t keep doing this, Johnny.”

Johnny’s heart sank, he might not pay attention to her as much as she liked but he loved her. He loved her with all of his might.

“Wh-what are you saying?” Johnny said.

Romina looked at him with sad eyes, it was hurting her as much as it was hurting him.

“I-I think we need a break.” She said softly. She had been thinking about it while he was gone and they just needed a breather from each other.

Before Johnny could speak there was banging at the door. It was Brian and Jimmy telling him it was time for sound check for the concert that night. Johnny and Romina stared at each other. If he was out that door it meant their relationship.

Johnny being too proud turned his back to Romina and walked out the door.


Dear God the only thing I ask of you is to hold her when I'm not around when I'm much too far away We all need that person who can be true to you But I left her when I found her And now I wish I'd stayed 'Cause I'm lonely and I'm tired I'm missing you again oh no Once again.

“Man, that was sick!!!” Jimmy ruffled Johnny’s hair and Johnny smacked his hand away. He didn’t like being short. Everyone in the group made fun of him for it.

Johnny took out his cell phone and checked for any messages from Romina but there was nothing from her. He felt bad for how things ended earlier. He was going to make up for it, he was going to show her how much he loved her.

“Mr. Seward?” A cop stopped him from joining his band mates but his band mates walked back and stood behind Johnny.

“Yes?” Johnny said.

The cop sighed. “I have some bad news about your girlfriend Romina Lombardo.”

Johnny looked at the cop like he had grown a second head.

“Wh-what about her?” Johnny’s throat was suddenly dry.

“She was involved in a fatal accident.” The cop started and everything after that faded out. Johnny was going to die. He couldn’t live without her. Not now. Not ever. “She’s in the hospital—“

“She’s awake?” Johnny asked at once.

The cop pursed his lips. “She’s in a coma in order to reduce brain damage; the doctor will be more specific.”

Immediately Johnny and the others raced to the hospital. Everyone kept telling him that Romina was going to be all right and that she was strong and she could go through anything. Johnny just kept thinking about ‘what if?’

What if he had stayed with her?

What if he had paid more attention to her?

What if he had loved her more like she deserved?

The guilt was killing him. He was out of the car before anyone else. He reached the lobby and asked for Romina, she was in ICU. He raced to ICU. He went to the nurses’ station and told them he was there to see Romina.

The nurses exchanged looks and then called for her doctor. While he was waiting his friends joined him in the ICU.

“If it’s necessary we’ll cancel the rest of the tour.” Matt said putting his hand on Johnny’s shoulder for support.

Johnny didn’t even want to think about the tour. He needed to concentrate on Romina. Johnny made contact with a doctor who had the same look as the nurses.

“Mr. Seward?” He asked.

Johnny nodded.

The doctor sighed just like the cop had. As if there was no hope for Romina but they had to be.

There's nothing here for me on this barren road There's no one here while the city sleeps
and all the shops are closed Can't help but think of the times I've had with you Pictures and some memories will have to help me through, oh yeah Dear God the only thing I ask of you is
to hold her when I'm not around when I'm much too far away We all need that person who can be true to you I left her when I found her And now I wish I'd stayed 'Cause I'm lonely and I'm tired I'm missing you again oh no Once again.


“Class!” Johnny’s teacher said as his Chemistry class started. “We have a new student, class meet Romina Lombardo she just moved here from San Jose.”

Johnny saw Romina and he smiled. She returned the smile and something inside of him sparked. At first it was small but then she blushed a little and fireworks exploded. She looked so beautiful blushing.

Later on he got the courage to talk to her and he was everything he hoped for. She was smart, funny and totally into music. Most of the girls in his school they were stuck bitches but Romina was special. Her smile gave him butterflies and when she laughed his whole world brightens.

When he heard her sing he knew he was in love.

He knew she had to be the one.

Their first kiss was after a dance, he did the whole tux and meeting the parents. He never thought he would ever do it but he did it all for Romina. The kiss they shared during a slow dance determined everything.

He didn’t want to let her go.

He wanted her to be his forever.

He punched every guy that hit on her and that was a problem at the beginning but they overcame it.


“The damage was too severe and we had to induce her into a coma in order to avoid brain damage. We’re not sure how much longer she’ll last or if she’ll make it through the night.”

“Oh God!” Johnny gasped.

“Can we see her?” Zacky asked.

“Only family relatives.” The doctor informed.

“We are her family, her parents died a few years ago.” Johnny said.

“Oh, in that case, only two people at a time. She’s the third on the right.” The doctor said and then walked away.

Johnny and Brian were the closest to her so they both walked towards her room. Johnny didn’t believe he could see her. Johnny gasped again when he saw her hooked up to so many machines and all of them were keeping her alive.

He couldn’t believe it. How did the doctors even recognize her? Then Johnny thought of her wallet, that’s how. Brian opened the door and the sound of the machines was horrible. She was like a little sister to him and seeing her like this broke his heart but to Johnny it broke everything inside of him.

Johnny went to her side and took her hand and kissed it. Johnny started to cry. Brian didn’t hold back the tears and cried along with his friends.

“I’m so sorry.” Johnny sobbed. “I should’ve been there for you… then you wouldn’t be here… it’s my entire fucking fault.” He cursed.

Johnny stayed with her. Brian left and Matt came next and then Zack, Jimmy, Jason and Matt. All of them gave Johnny their support. But none could cure what was left of him.

Some search, never finding a way before long, they waste away I found you, something told me to stay I gave in, to selfish ways And how I miss someone to hold when hope begins to fade... A lonely road, crossed another cold state line Miles away from those I love purpose hard to find.

As he stayed with her through the night he felt her hand move, well twitch. It woke Johnny up. He rubbed his eyes and he saw Romina with her eyes opened.

“Baby! You’re awake!” He smiled.

She only smiled. “I—I—“

“Shh… don’t speak, baby.” Johnny kissed her hand. “I love you so much, baby, I thought I was going to lose you.”

“I love you.” Her voice was groggy and Johnny didn’t like the way she said it. He didn’t like how it sounded, it sounded like a good bye.

Then her smile faded and her heart monitor went off signaling her heart was stopping. Johnny immediately hit the emergency button. Nurses walked in and told him to go out.

Johnny backed out and prayed to God that He would save her.

Johnny heard the sound that would shatter his world ‘beeeeeeeeeeeep’.

“NO!” He roared in anger. They couldn’t take her away. He needed her. He needed her to keep going. Doctors and nurses tried to revive her with paddles but it was too late. She was gone. Her face turned pale.

After ten minutes she was declared dead. Johnny went to her body and shook her screaming at her to wake up, demanding that she wake up because he was nothing without her that she was his flashlight in the darkness.

He was taken away and sedated because he started to throw things violently. She was gone. She was dead, but he wasn’t going to face reality.

Romina rolled off Johnny and they cuddled as always. Their breathing was ragged but both were happy. He kissed her temple.

“I can’t wait ‘til we start making babies.” Johnny smiled.

“They’ll be the shortest kids ever.” Romina joked.

“Hey!” Johnny laughed. “I love you, Romina, so much.”

He said looking at her in the eyes. She grinned and pecked his lips.

“I would love to have your short babies.” She joked again.

Johnny started tickling her and she laughed.


Her laughter rang through Johnny’s head as he stood in the cemetery ready to bury the love of his life. He hasn’t talked in days and as expected tour was cancelled but the fans understood. Many fans sent him letters and flowers.

But no one understood his pain. He would never see her smile, hear her laughter and kiss those soft lips that brought him to his knees every time. He wanted to see her eyes. He wanted to have her around his arms, but he took her for granted.

He thought she would always be there for him, he never thought of her dead. Now he was paying the consequences. He should’ve stayed with her. His friends told him it wasn’t his fault but he knew it was. He just wished their last moments would’ve last longer.

His heart ached as they lowered her coffin six feet under. Tears fell from behind the shades Johnny wore; he thought he would’ve run out by now. He felt so empty with no sense of purpose. She was the reason why he worked so hard to give her everything she ever wanted, what he didn’t expect was that she only wanted him and no one else.

He just hoped he could do it all over again.

Dear God the only thing I ask of you is to hold her when I'm not around when I'm much too far away We all need the person who can be true to you I left her when I found her And now I wish I'd stayed 'Cause I'm lonely and I'm tired I'm missing you again oh no Once again.

Image
♠ ♠ ♠
Yeah, she died. Hope you enjoyed it =]