Status: Thank you for reading!

The Beginning of the End

Wish

Gerard's Point Of View

Even though Rosemary's Baby is an old movie, it's still fucking awesome. I'm glad everyone liked it at least. They don't have to love it.

Everyone likes the movie except for Lilly. It wasn't even that bad and she had her eyes closed for most of it. I laughed to myself at how scared she was.

I woke up, feeling the need to move my neck. It started to cramp up from staying in one position for too long. I cracked it and looked to my right.

She wasn't asleep yet? Damn. Maybe I should have taken into consideration she's not a fan of horror. "Lilly," I whispered.

Her head snapped to my direction. Her eyes grew wide before she saw me and relaxed. "Were you really that scared?" I asked.

She nodded her head furiously. "You should have listened," she whispered, fear in her voice.

Now I feel bad for making her watch it. What could I do though? It was clear she wasn't going to fall asleep any time soon. "Do you want me to sing you to sleep?" She nodded. I waved my hand. She crawled across the couch, reaching to my side.

My original plan was just to face her and sing her to sleep. That didn't happen because she lifted my arm above my head and hid herself against my ribs.

I was either blushing like mad or the heat in the house turned up five notches. Fighting the sudden nervousness I felt, I cleared my throat, singing her a lullaby mom used to sing to me when I was younger. In less than a minute, she was sound asleep.

I woke up the next morning, early. Some time throughout the night, Lilly unlatched herself from my side and curled up on the couch lying there like a puppy.

Making sure I didn't step on anyone, I walked into the kitchen, finding Ray there. He was eating cereal, still half asleep. We saw each other and nodded.

I made a beeline directly to the coffee, taking a cup from the cupboard. Once I got a cup of the good stuff, I sat next to Ray. He looked at me strangely and smirked.

"What?" I groaned.

"It's so obvious you like Lillian," he whispered.

My brain got out of sleep mode right away. "Who told you?" I seethed.

"No one. I could see it. You never told me that you were following her around her first week here."

"Well, I-uh-yeah..."

"Just ask her out Gerard."

"What if I told you I'm kind of nervous?"

Ray shook his head. "Why? You get rejected a lot."

Ouch, that hurt. I stared into my cup of coffee. He's right. Girls reject me a lot. Most of the time it was from girls I barely knew and wanted to date because they're really pretty. It's different with Lilly though. She's my friend and she actually likes me. Well not in that sense. She enjoys my company. That sounds better.

"Ray," I finally answered. He looked at me. "I don't want to mess up my friendship with her."

He shrugged, getting up, and put his bowl in the sink.

I sat there thinking the what pros and cons of asking Lilly to be my girlfriend. The cons overweighed the pros, sadly.

My moment of peace was cut off when everyone began waking up, complaining that the floor was really hard. They all walked into the kitchen, saying hi to me. I smiled back, watching them get food to eat.

Lilly was the last to wake up. When she joined the rest of us, her hair stuck up in crazy directions and her pullover was riding up, showing that she was wearing a Street Fighter t-shirt.

Matt, Mikey, Ray, and I stared at her with wide eyes. She noticed our looks and asked what we were looking at defensively.

No one spoke. The girls were shaking their heads. I saw Mikey look down at the floor, scratching the back of his neck. "A pretty girl never plays video games,” he muttered.

She smiled and went to give Mikey a hug. He hugged back, surprised but happy that she didn't slap him.

I wish I were in his position right now.