Status: Thank you for reading!

The Beginning of the End

Sucked Into A Trap

After the encounter I had with Lilly that night after the movie night I hosted, she acted like nothing happened. Didn't it though? She was giving me signals that she was into me, unless I'm just dreaming.

But why would Lilly like me? She's very pretty and has a wonderful personality, a cute smile; I could ramble on for hours.

It bothers me. It bothers me a lot to know that I like her so much, more than I should. I know that there's a chance that she doesn't even feel the same about me. There's a chance that she could end up dating someone else.

Why would Lilly like me? I'm Gerard. I'm the weird kid that a lot of people make fun of because I'm awkward compared to all of them. Even the unpopular people don't talk to me. I'm an outcast.

The only friends I have are Matt, Ray, Lillian, Mikey (my little brother, how sad), and Melissa and Nicole. Melissa and Nicole would have probably never talked to me if it weren’t for Lilly. My life is so depressing.

"Gerard, there's someone on the phone for you," mom told me before walking past my room.

Taking a deep breath, I lifted myself from my bed. The cordless phone was placed face down on the kitchen counter. I took hold of it, checking to see if Mikey was around. There was no sign of him whatsoever. Good. That means he didn't scare anyone who was calling me this time.

I placed the phone to my ear taking a second to try to guess who it was on the other line. "Hello?" I asked after not being able to think of anyone.

"Gerard," Lilly whispered.

"Yeah?" I whispered in return.

"Why are we whispering?"

"I don't know."

A silence followed until we both started laughing. I walked up to my room and closed the door behind me.

"So really, what's up Lilly Bean?"

"I can't sleep!" she whined. I hate it when people whine, they sound pathetic. When Lilly does it, I can't help but to smile. This girl has me good.

"So what can I do for you to help you sleep?"

"Come over to my house and keep me company?"

My eyes widened. I ran to my dresser, trying to find a pair of pants to wear. I was halfway done when Lilly started speaking again.

"Jeez I was kidding! It's late!"

That left me feeling stupid and disappointed. "I knew that," I said quickly.

She giggled from far away. "Sure you did! This sounds stupid but I'm scared at home. It's all quiet and big."

"Big?"

"Yeah cause I'm the only person here."

"Oh. I get it. Do you want to keep talking until you go to sleep?"

"Yes!"

We talked until it was extremely dark outside. It was in the wee hours of the morning until Lilly finally fell asleep on me. I ended our connected phone lines.

I rolled to my back on my bed, staring at the ceiling. Yep, I'm officially fucked. Talking to Lilly for a few hours nonstop made me like her even more. What did I get myself into?
♠ ♠ ♠
Last night, I forced myself to get motivated and wrote three chapters for this story. That means an update each day until Thanksgiving!