Status: Thank you for reading!

The Beginning of the End

Just Desserts

Gerard's Point Of View

That guy needed to get a taste of his own medicine. He thinks he can waltz around hurting people and nothing is going to happen to him in return? He is dead wrong.

I knew Lilly was in her own little world for the rest of the day. For once, I was happy with that. That meant that she wasn't listening to anything I was saying.

Currently, all of us were sitting at a table at Lunch, for once. I told the group what happened today and I filled Melissa and Nicole in on what happened Lilly's second day here. The two girls were practically crying. I can't deal with any more crying girls. It's just too much. I'm lucky they ran off to the bathroom together.

"Can I hurt him?" Matt asked in a low yet deadly voice. He was eyeing a fork on the table a little too much. I took the fork away and shrugged.

"He should get kicked in the balls but I don't know Matt. This could get bloody, very bloody," I answered.

Matt shook his head and looked at Lilly. "I can't believe he did that to you."

She frowned and put her head down on the table. Obviously, she didn't want to talk to anyone.

Knowing her mom wouldn't be home for a few more days; I walked Lilly home and led her to the couch. She was still quiet.

I nodded my head, leaving her bag on the floor and stood up to go to the door.

"Gerard," she barely whispered.

I turned back around, looking at her.

"Don't go."

I opened my mouth but no words came out. I walked back over to her and hugged her. The tears commenced once again. I frowned. I didn't like to see her cry.

It seemed like hours before she stopped crying. She was in the middle of sobbing before she just...stopped. It was weird.

She pulled herself away from my grip and smiled sadly. "Thank you."

"It's not a problem. Can I use your phone?"

She nodded and pointed to the kitchen. I walked over there and called home. Dad picked up. "Hello?"

"Hey dad."

"Gerard. Where are you?" Dad sounded angry. I already knew he was going to ground me indefinitely.

"I'm at Lilly's. I walked her home and she started crying. Her mom isn't home. Can I stay over and to be sure she'll be okay?"

"Oh. Sure son, sure." Then the line was dead. I walked back into the living room to see Lilly with a big blanket around her. I sat back down and reached for the remote control.

"Mind sharing?" I asked and looked at the blanket.

She shook her head and threw some of her blanket around me as well. I turned the TV on, flipping through channels. I resorted to watching cartoons.

I heard Lilly sigh next to me. "Is something wrong?" I asked worried.

"No, no," she said.

"Why don't I believe you?"

She looked me straight in the eyes. She looked annoyed. Good. It's better than scared or sad. The glare died and she looked at the blanket before back at me. This time her eyes said she was slightly happy?

"Gerard...I don't know what I'd ever do without you."

"It-"

"You're a really great friend."

Ow. Only a friend? I guess I know where our relationship stands. I sighed, feeling the hurt start to set in.

"Lilly, it's okay. I'll always be here for you. What are friends for right?"

She smiled and snuggled against my arm.

A few hours passed before her house phone rang. I got up quietly so I wouldn't wake her up. I wonder who is on the other line.

"Hello?" I answered suspicious.

"Hey dude. It's Matt."

"Oh," I sighed. "How do you have her number?"

"She called me one night when she couldn't sleep."

"Oh okay."

"Anyways, let's just say that Jeff is not going to be in school for a few days." I heard the excitement in his voice and it scared me.

"How bad?" I asked simply.

"Not that bad. He might have a broken rib, a busted lip, and a very bad black eye."

"Wow that's pretty bad," I laughed.

"Yeps! I'll talk to you later."

"Later."

I sat back down on the couch and turned the TV off. Sleep sounded very good right now. I can't wait to see Lilly's reaction tomorrow when she finds out that someone beat Jeff up. I'm sure she'll be jumping for joy like I want to right now.