Status: Thank you for reading!

The Beginning of the End

Breaking News

Lillian's Point Of View

I woke the next morning on the floor. I lifted myself off the floor to see I was in the living room. Did I even make it to my room last night?

The floor seemed to be comfortable enough for me. I lay back down, snuggling into the soft carpet. Maybe if I shut my eyes, I could sleep until it was time for school...

"Lilly, why are you getting friendly with the carpet?"

I guess time for sleep is over. I jumped to my feet, finding Gerard there with my Mickey Mouse cup. He most likely raided the kitchen and found the coffee.

I left him to his coffee as I went to the bathroom to wash up for the morning. I walked out the bathroom, the steam hissing behind me. That shower felt really good. It relaxed my tense muscles.

I walked into the kitchen wearing a long sleeved blue shirt, jeans, and Converses. Gerard was at the door, waiting for me already.

I licked my lips. "You're not going to change into clothes?" I asked.

He looked at what he was wearing. He hadn't change out of his clothes from yesterday. "Nope. They don't smell."

"But that's just...not clean."

"If it bothers you so much, I'll spray cologne on when we get to school."

"Whatever."

I grabbed my book bag and walked with Gerard to school. We walked in silence. I wasn't in the mood to talk but I was sure he was. He kept glancing over at me.

"Just spit it out," I said monotonously.

He gasped surprised. "Okay...you seem better today."

I shrugged. "Yeah. I have to."

"No you don't. You're allowed to show how you feel."

"Sure."

Ray saw us approaching and smiled widely. He grabbed my arm and pulled me to the usual spot we met up before classes began. I looked over my shoulder, seeing Gerard jogging up to us.

"Why are you so hyper?" I asked grudgingly. That's when I noticed all my friends had huge smiles plastered on their faces. Was I missing something?

"Lilly!" Matt screamed after the sudden silence.

"Matt!" I mocked.

"Do you know what I heard?" He had a secret he wanted to tell me. I could tell that much by the way he was speaking.

"Nope."

"I heard that last night some people beat Jeff up!"

"Why?"

"Word on the street is because he's an asshole and the people who beat him up were fed up with him thinking he could rule the school and hurt people."

"I heard Jeff is in the hospital right now! Nothing major though. I just heard that he's getting a few stitches," added Melissa.

I stared at all of them. How could they possibly be so happy that someone was in the hospital because a gang of people jumped them? "Okay?"

"You don't feel happy." Gerard frowned.

"Well I'm not. I know what it's like to be beaten senseless and no one is there to help you. Why should I feel happy?"

"I don't know, maybe because he deserves it for hurting you first? You didn't even do anything to him," countered Matt.

"So? He was going to eventually get punished for it on his own."

"You sure know how to kill our good mood," mumbled Nicole.

"Sorry but it I can't be happy someone was deliberately hurt."

After school, I realized that mom's coming home today! I couldn't wait to see her. I'm a mommy's girl, yeah. It was frustrating too. I never had the party I wanted to have while she was away. I was actually a "good" girl.

She walked out dragging two suitcases. "Mom!" I ran into her arms and hugged the life out of her.

"I missed you too. Please let go though, you're choking me."

I giggled and took a step back. "Sorry!"

"You're so full of energy today. Let's go home."

"Are you sure you want to drive? My friend can if you want."

"No, it's fine."

"Okay. I'll say bye to my friend first."

Matt stood from a distance away. I gave him a hug and told him to have a good night.

On the drive home, it was oddly quiet. Mom usually told me about her business trips on the way home from the airport. She wasn't saying anything tonight though.

I glanced at her a few times. Her eyes were on the road, a frown on her lips. Did something happen while she was at work? She looked overly tired. It was probably from the plane ride back down here. I shrugged it off. When she was ready, she would tell me, if something were wrong.