Status: Thank you for reading!

The Beginning of the End

Something In The Way

The next morning when I walked down to the kitchen, mom wasn't there cooking breakfast. That was a very first for her. She always wakes up early to make breakfast. I shrugged it off though. Everyone needs a break sometime.

When I walked out the door, on the way to school, I expected to see Gerard run out the door and catch up with me. He didn't though.

I even made it to our spot to find all my friends but him. I called his house. I wasn't worried. Not in the least bit. I just wanted to know if he's okay. Fine, I am worried. I walked over to the sidewalk so I could have some peace and quiet.

The tone rang twice before I heard someone pick up. "Hello?"

"Hi Lillian! It's Mikey."

I smiled. I like Mikey. "Uh this is weird. I was wondering where Gerard is."

"Have you had the chickenpox yet?"

"...No."

"Then sorry you won't be seeing him for a week."

I heard Gerard distantly call him an ass and then I heard a door slam.

I couldn't deny the sadness I felt. "Oh okay. Thanks Mikey."

"No problem!" He hung up after leaving me missing Gerard already.

I walked back to my friends. They were laughing until they noticed my solemn expression.

"Everything okay?" Ray asked.

I sighed. "Gerard has the chickenpox. We can't see him for a week."

Gerard's Point Of View

I woke up feeling really cold and light-headed. Yawning, I turned the bathroom light on and stared at myself in the mirror. Wow, I'm breaking out.

The morning's coldness reached my arms, forcing a shiver out of me. I yawned again, rubbing my forearms. Wait, why are they bumpy?

"CHICKENPOX! MOM!" I shouted.

I heard her stomp up the stairs and into the bathroom. "What? It is too early for you to scream. Your dad is still asleep."

"Momma, look!" I showed her my arms.

"Oh no. March yourself back to your room and get into bed. You can't go to school for a week. No TV, music, hanging out with your friends, or phone."

I grumbled, getting under the covers of my bed. Am I sick or punished? I understand I can't see people in case I spread my sickness but I can't watch any shows, listen to music, or talk on the phone? What am I supposed to do for a week? Does she want me to stare at the ceiling and start talking to that?

I moved to my side, hoping to get back to sleep. I would bother Mikey since he has another hour before waking up, but I felt generous today.

Mikey paraded into my room, singing annoyingly. "Go away," I groaned, pushing the pillow to my ears.

"Why? You're sick and I get to bother you!" he grinned.

I threw my pillow at him, which he dodged. "Oh hey someone's calling," he declared, answering the phone in his hands.

Mikey moved closed to me, sitting on my bed. He's lucky he already had the chickenpox or I would cough on him right now.

"Hello?"

"Hi Lillian! It's Mikey." Lillian! I forgot about her.

"Uh this is weird. I was wondering where Gerard is."

"Give me the phone," I mouthed." He shook his head.

"Have you had the chickenpox yet?" he asked.

"...No," she replied.

"Then sorry you won't be seeing him for a week."

"You're an ass!" I screamed as he ran out the room. God, he didn't have to be so rude to her!

I'm sure mom forced Mikey to go to school because I heard everything was quiet five minutes later. She walked into my room without invitation with a tray of food in her hands.

"I made you soup and took some books from downstairs. Enjoy!" she said too enthusiastically. Great, I'm going to read until I drop.
♠ ♠ ♠
I know's a crappy chapter. I need to figure out how the next few chapters are going to go, so please be patient. =]