Status: Thank you for reading!

The Beginning of the End

The First Day, The Crazy Day

I woke up to the sound of mom calling my name. "Lillian, we're here. Come see our new house." I yawned, covering my mouth with my palm. Sleepily, I got out of the car and walked to the trunk. I carried my three big bags of clothes and shoes along with my most prized possessions. Mom did the same as I did. She only took her clothes and prized possessions. We both made the decision that whoever rented our old house could buy all the furniture there as well. It gave us money and our new house has furniture in the house already. Win-win situation? I think so.

West Plainfield. I felt something drop in my heart. It hadn't even been a day and I already missed that town. That boring, boring town.

"Time to look at this place," I sighed. I dragged my stuff into the house and left it in what was the living room. Man, I didn't expect this place to be so beautiful. It honestly was without me having to say it just to be nice.

I was only looking in the living room at the time. There was a big flat screen TV, a three-piece couch, grandfather clock, and various paintings of the countryside. The living room? Absolutely gorgeous.

Mom tapped my shoulder, telling me to go find my room. I nodded and walked the twenty steps up to the second floor. On a closed white door, was a plague in Vivaldi letters reading 'Lillian's Room'.

'I am so going to take that off,' I thought to myself before pushing the door open.

When I opened the door, I was smacked in the face with my perfect room! The walls were painted white, the bed was completely black as well as my dresser and table. There was even a walk-in closet! "I love this place already!"

A few days later, I was to begin my first day of school at Belleville High School. I woke up early, on purpose, and got an outfit together. I didn't come up with anything too fancy. I decided to wear a black t-shirt that said Nine Lives skate shop, jeans, and black and white Converses. Nothing special at all. I put my glasses on and walked down to the kitchen.

Mom was in there drinking some coffee and writing down a list of the things we would need to buy for the new house. I kissed her cheek and joked, "I'm going to school mom. Don't be surprised if I come back all girly!"

That always made her laugh and it made me smile. "Okay sweetie. Have a fun day."

I walked for only seven minutes before I saw Belleville High. Not many people were outside yet; I guess I was early. I liked being early though. I could get a little tour of this place so I won't get lost, hopefully.

Maybe half an hour later, a secretary in the main office handed me my schedule. I thanked her and walked out the doors trying to find my homeroom.

I wasn't exactly looking at where I was going and bumped into someone. I fell to the ground, landing on my butt, far from gracefully.

I glared up at the person who knocked me to the ground. He looked pissed off. I scoffed. He's a jock. The Belleville Athletics shirt said it all.

I got up and glared at him. "Hey, what's your problem?" he sneered, being a good five inches taller than I am.

"You are," I muttered.

"Do you know who I am?" Wow seriously? Conceited much? Is this how people act here? In West Plainfield, everyone got respect, except for the people that didn't like each other of course. Just because this guy was an athlete didnn't mean he's better than me, or anyone else for that matter.

"An asshole that needs glasses?" I smiled evilly at my comment before I was pinned to the wall with his massive hand.

"Don't you dare insult me," he whispered in a menacing voice. Damn, I need to learned to not over do it. He pushed harder on my throat, cutting off my air and making it harder to focus. I finally slipped my eyes closed, hoping I was still at home.

A distant voice brought me to open my eyes again. "Leave her alone Jeff."

"Jeff" turned his head.

"What? You coming to protect your little bitch?"

"Leave her alone or you know what happens," the mystery guy said. I hoped Jeff did let me go. If he had his grip on me any longer, I would pass out. Finally, finally, he let go. I dropped to the floor, sucking in the sweet oxygen.

Jeff walked away in a grumble. Mystery guy walked to me and put his hand on my shoulder. "Are you okay?"

"Fine," I choked out, tears filling my eyes.

He helped me up and informed me this, "You're not from around here are you? This is how anyone who isn't popular is treated here. You won't be very well liked."

"Definitely not from around here. Thanks for the memo dude."

"Yeah. You better get to class before you're late."

I nodded and walked away. Well, today certainly was interesting. I could tell mom and make her go paranoid so that she'll take us back to West Plainfield. OR, I don't tell how of what happened and get my revenge on that mean jock. I liked option two. Hello Belleville High School!