Status: Thank you for reading!

The Beginning of the End

That Darned Cool Warm Sun

I swallowed the last bit of my hotdog as I watched the current band sing to a crowd of active fans on stage. I didn't catch their name, but their music was catchy.

Gerard and the band were off somewhere privately practicing before they had to perform on stage. I would've gone and watched their practice but I had been doing that for a few weeks now. I support their music all the way, but this just gets boring after the same continous routine.

I did accomplish my goal while here though. Being around so many musically talented people and lyrically talented writers helped me find inspiration. What's odd is that I decided that I would always immerse myself in music for the remainder of my life. I just didn't know how I was going to do that.

I don't think I would have to worry about that so much. Mom left me a savings account filled with tuition money for when I decided what major I was going to take to further my education.

In honesty, I could've gone to college a year ago, but I couldn't bring myself to. College scouts were even looking for me. I denied them all. I just...I can't go to college if I don't know what I wanted to do with my life. I don't want to waste the money mom worked so hard to save up on something I didn't have a feel for.

Once I figure out the career I'm going to pursue, I'm going to college right away.

"Hey Lilly?"

I looked over to Nathan, Warped Tour's official BBQ guy. Sometimes I feel really bad he has to cook so many pounds of meat for so many people, but he always claims that he's happy with this job.

"What do you need?" I asked. I appointed myself his helper whenever I didn't have to help set up the stages and hook up instruments. No one was ever here to help him with the food and drinks&#151people are really ungrateful in my opinion&#151so I told him I'm his assistant in all of this.

"Can you bring over a box of water bottles from the supply tent?" He almost looked sorry for asking me to do such a thing.

I flicked my wrist and ran off to the supply tent. This was where all the uncooked food, drinks, and forks, spoon, and plates were. They kept air conditioners in here to keep everything cool. I always loved coming in here. It was nice compared to the blistering heat outside.

Spotting where the crates of water bottles were, I walked over there and carried one in my arms. I grunted, not used to the weight.

I walked back slowly towards Nathan who suddenly seemed so far away. I'm going to gain some muscles if I was going to carry the heavy stuff.

The second I placed the crate down, a few people walked up to Nathan, waiting on food. They were most likely going to rush over to me for water too. I grabbed a whole bunch of bottles and stacked them on the table.

"Excuse me, can I have a water?" I knew it.

"Yeah, sure," I replied, handing the guy a bottle.

"Thanks," he muttered, walking away.

I stopped. The bracelet he had on his wrist, why did it look so familiar? I looked over my shoulder to the back of his head. Eh, I'm probably wrong. This heat is getting to me.