Status: Thank you for reading!

The Beginning of the End

Reunited And It Feels So ***ing-Fan-Tastic!

"My best friend gave it to me years ago. Why do you care?"

I reached into my back pocket, swallowing the lump in my throat, and pulled out the blue heart shaped guitar pick Erik had given me years ago.

His eyes bulged and he swallowed. "L-Lilly bean?" he whispered.

"Erik," I whispered back.

A full out grin broke across his lips and he squealed, grabbing my body for a hug. I relaxed, remembering Erik's hugs and all those times we spent underneath his tree. Who knew I was going to re-find my best friend while on this tour.

"I told you I'd never forget you," he said into my hair.

I smiled and looked up at his face. He still wore his thick-rimmed glasses that helped make his gray eyes shine and his hair was still jet black and messy.

"Can we take a walk?" I asked him.

He nodded and let me lead him past the people and towards the public area where tents were all around. He showed me his tent and laughed at my reaction. How could someone sleep in this thing?

We sat on the dirt and just stared at each other. He hadn't changed much really. He just grew up and looks manlier now. I'm not sure how I look to him though.

"Lilly, the color of your hair is different," he stated, touching a strand.

"What do you mean?" I asked.

"It's not shiny like it used to be. That's because of stress. Did something happen?"

The hell? How did he do that?

I cleared my throat and looked at the ground. "My mom passed away a few months ago," I mumbled.

"From cancer?" he guessed. How did he become so good at figuring out clues?

I nodded. "I don't want to talk about this anymore Erik. It hurts."

His eyes softened and he took my hand in his. "I'm just happy we found each other and you're not afraid to tell me how you feel, still."

Yeah, I realized that too.

"Lilly! There you are!" Frank said frantically and ran over to me.

I shuffled to my feet and smiled lightly at him. He looked at Erik before looking at me. It looked like he was going to make a comment before shaking his head and looking at me.

"We've been trying to find you for a while. Where have you been?" he asked, giving me the eye.

I licked my lips. "I found my best friend from my childhood Frank," I whispered.

He grinned and nodded his head at Erik, finally acknowledging him. "We have to get back to the bus though. Gerard wants to talk to you."

"Sure, Erik come on!" I cheered.

He followed behind us reluctantly. I don't think he was comfortable with meeting my family. Too bad, I wanted him to. I had a feeling they would get along fine.

Frank punched in the code for the bus and walked inside. I did the same, pulling on Erik's wrist so he wouldn't run away.

They were all in our little kitchen when the three of us entered the bus. Matt was all sweaty with a bottle of water pushed against his forehead. Mikey was making some type of sandwich. Gerard refused to look at me.

"Everyone," I coughed. "This is my childhood best friend, Erik."

They all looked at him and smiled. All of them did but Gerard.

"Uh, hi," Erik replied, still standing there like a lump. I sat down on the couch and patted the seat next to me. He sat down, reluctantly.

"You moved and are touring with My Chemical Romance? Do you know how good your life is right now?" Erik asked incredulously.

I giggled. "My life is okay. Gerard helps with my mom's..." I couldn't finish the sentence. I didn't want to cry anymore for today. Maybe I would cry again some other day and cry for the final time. I gripped Gerard's arm, giving him a light squeeze. He pulled away and stormed off to the bathroom.

I frowned and stood up. Frank pushed me back down. "He's not feeling okay. Just give him some space," he explained.

I sighed and looked back at Erik. "We have so much to catch up on!"
♠ ♠ ♠
superkitcat, I'm glad you didn't forget about her best friend! :D I was literally smiling and screaming "HOW DID SHE KNOW?!?!?" Heh, thank you for guessing correctly!