Status: Thank you for reading!

The Beginning of the End

Make-Up Or Break-Up

Lilly's Point Of View

"Say Frank, have you seen Gerard?" I asked, looking around the bus for him.

Frank shook his head at me, the apple in his mouth about to drop to the ground. He caught it in time and swallowed. "I haven't seen him at all. He's lucky we aren't performing today."

I sighed and sat down on the couch. It's been two weeks since I've actually seen Gerard. I don't see him unless it's something related to performing on stage. Isn't it strange that we're living in the same place and yet I never see him?

I think he's avoiding me. Whenever I'm in one room, he'll see me, and turn back around. Then, at night, he's always out with that Bert guy. I don't know why, but he doesn't give me a good feeling. There's something about that man that makes me nervous.

We were long gone from our previous venue in New Jersey. Now, we're in Pennsylvania, close to the country. I could tell by the trees surrounding this area and the smell of the air.

Another thing I didn't expect was to find Erik here again. He's stalking me, I swear. It doesn't matter, I guess. I get to talk to him more and catch up on the years we missed.

I stared at the door, hoping Gerard would pop in at any second. It wasn't night yet, so I know he wasn't out with Bert yet.

"Sweetie, why don't you go spend time with Erik?" Frank suggested, blocking my view of the door with his head.

I pouted. "That's a bad idea. Gerard doesn't seem to like him."

"What's your point? You shouldn't have to wait here for your boyfriend to come back. He isn't making any type of move to rush back here is he?"

"Well, no..."

"Okay then. Run along to Erik. Bond."

I grumbled as Frank literally pushed me out of the tour bus. He's persistent at least.

Erik saw me coming towards him and smiled. He was always in a good mood. Most of it rubbed off on me. That's what I needed right now. I can't figure out why Gerard is acting the way he is, but spending time with Erik always made me feel better.

"Hi best friend!" he greeted when we hugged each other.

"Hi best friend," I copied. "What do you feel like doing today?"

"Actually," he said, pulling a camera out of his backpack, "one of my friends recorded your boyfriend singing that song to you. Keep quiet though, no one's supposed to know he has this."

"Okay."

We sat down on the green grass and watched the video silently. Without having to watch the video, I could relive that day as though it occurred just a minute ago. That was the same day Gerard stopped talking to me. Sighing, I pushed the camera away from my view.

"Lilly bean what's wrong?" Erik's hot touch scorched the side of my neck. I pushed his hand away again. "You should talk to Gerard."

I nodded and began walking back to the bus. I should've said goodbye to Erik before I left because that's the polite thing to do, but he'll have to forgive me. I was notorious for not having manners anyways.

Once I climbed up the steps of the bus, I saw Gerard who stopped in his footsteps with wide eyes. "Gotta go," he mumbled and began walking towards the bunks.

"Wait!" I called, grabbing his arm. I was on the verge of tears again, Damn it, I was doing so well for the past few weeks. I've just been sad.

"No, don't cry! Sit down, we'll talk," he reasoned, sitting us both down on the couch.

I averted my eyes from him and looked at the rip on my jeans. I didn't know what to say. The conclusion my brain came up with was that Gerard was jealous of Erik. I didn't want to say that out loud though. There was no point in creating more problems if I am wrong.

"I didn't mean to make you cry when I sang that song. It's just, I know it was a hard time for you; it still is I bet. I thought writing that song about your mom would make you feel better. I guess I was wrong," he explained all in one breath.

"No!" I replied hastily. "That was sweetest thing anyone has ever done for me. Thank you."

"Can I ask you something?" His voice had gotten low.

I nodded as he asked, "Do you have feelings for Erik?"

"Gerard! You know that I love you. Erik is my best friend. I haven't seen him in years. He's just my best friend."

"Okay, good. For a second I thought he was stealing you away from me."

I rolled my eyes. "You're such a dork."

"Yeah, but I'm your dork," he grinned and kissed me.

Yes, you're my lovable dork.