Status: Thank you for reading!

The Beginning of the End

Bad, Bad Decisions

All was quiet except for the occasional sounds of a person's snores. The clock kept ticking away the seconds that turned into minutes. Those minutes turned into hours. My nervousness turned into anxiety.

It is 3:07 a.m. Where in the world is Gerard?

I figured as much that he's hanging out with Bert, much like he has been ever since he befriended the man. I'm just not sure exactly when they crossed paths and become friends.

Something about Bert puts me on edge. Whenever he passes by me, I get chills that run all the way down to my spine. His crooked smile makes me feel nervous and twitchy. He always wears a black hoodie with the hood over his head and shades. It could be 100 degrees out and he would still wear his hoodie and shades. In one hand, he held a Coke. In the other was a cigarette.

Gerard is such a sweet guy, why would he want to hang out with a creeper like Bert? It's unnatural and doesn't make sense.

"You should go to sleep, he'll be back," Frank yawned, taking a bottle of water out of the fridge.

I shook my head. "I have to make sure he comes home safe."

"You worry too much. Let's go, I'll tuck you in."

He pulled on my hand to make me stand on my feet since I wasn't allowing myself to get up. I groaned when he effectively did so. We began walking back to the bunks when I heard a few thuds.

"That's Gerard! Go to sleep Frank," I whispered, my eyes big with happiness. He shook his head, gave a small smile, and stumbled back to his bunk.

I waited in anticipation as the door opened and in came Gerard with a far out smile on his face. He stumbled over nothing and grumbled about the table that was three feet away. That only meant he was drunk...again. I walked over to him and called his name. He smiled and looked around until I was the only focus in his eyes.

"Oh hey babe. How you doin'?" he slurred and threw himself on me.

The smell of alcohol made me want to vomit. I sucked in a breath and patted his back. I pushed him towards his bed while making him hit anything around us. As I turned to get a wash towel, he grabbed my arm and spun me around.

"Very funny, let me go," I muttered, struggling to get out of his grip.

"What's wrong? I thought you liked me," he mumbled, kissing my neck. His hand trailed down to the end of my shirt and pushed his hand up so my skin was exposed.

"Get off!" I screamed, trying to get his grip off me.

He looked down at me with wild eyes. In the blink of an eye, a sadistic smile appeared on his face as he ripped my shirt clean in half.

"HELP!" I screeched. Tears were on the way and they finally broke free when my own boyfriend pinned me down to the ground and started to bite at my flesh. I screamed again; this had to be a horrible dream. This had to be.

"What's-Oh my god!"

I screamed again when I felt his grip on my arm twist before I felt a throbbing pain.

I watched in silence as Mikey, Ray, and Matt pulled Gerard outside. Frank sat on the floor with me and touched my cheek. I flinched and moved back.

"Lilly, we have to get you another shirt," he said softly.

I nodded and watched him stand up and offer his hand out to me. I gulped and took it, shakily getting up. Frank sat me down on his mattress and dug through his things to find something for me to wear.

The open window caused a cool breeze to enter the bus. I shuddered. That's when I saw my shirt. Oh no. Gerard tore apart his birthday present to me.

"Frank," I mumbled. He looked back at me with a band t-shirt in his hand. "I have to get out of here."

He helped me change out of my ruined bits of fabric and put his shirt on me. Afterwards, he sat down beside me and looked into my eyes. Placing a hand on my shoulder, he said, "You're just scared right now. It's nothing else. After getting some sleep, you should be okay."

I shook my head, wiping away at the tears that were already on my cheeks. "Frank, he almost raped me! I can't stay! I can't look at him the same way as I used to. I can't do this, I just can't."

"Lilly please! Get some sleep and when you wake up, we'll figure everything out."

We glared at each other with a burning viciousness. Maybe Frank was right. I should make my decision when I've calmed down. All of this crap is pulling me down. Maybe I should've stayed home instead of come out here.
♠ ♠ ♠
=O