Status: Thank you for reading!

The Beginning of the End

Element Of Surprise

I spent weeks and restless nights talking to Gerard. It was so easy, it was like a fish swimming in the ocean. Sure, it's easy to talk over the phone, but how would we act towards each other if we were to meet in person? I'm not sure if I want to find out.

I looked back at Erik. He rolled his eyes and gave my shoulder a push. I picked up a seashell and threw it at his head.

"Don't hurt me!" he whined, pushing me even more.

"Don't push me!" I copied, throwing my beach towel at him.

"You're such a baby!"

"You need to grow up some!"

"I missed these stupid fights."

"Indeed best friend, I missed you."

Erik swung his arm over my shoulders and pulled me towards his body. His internal temperature was warm, and since I was cold, I snuggled closer to his side.

"You know," I yawned, "we should go back soon. The sun's setting."

He shrugged. "We should, but you haven't seen a sunset in a long time. We should watch it together."

"Do you know how romantic that sounds?" I asked raising an eyebrow.

"Yes, I do, but I don't like you like that conceited!"

I pouted. "Psh you're a jerk."

"By the way you two are acting, some might think you two are an item."

"Erik," I began, my eyes wide, "that does not sound like your voice."

"That's because it isn't," he said softly, looking back at me with the same wide eyes.

"You two are meant to be best friends," that voice said in amusement and chuckled.

At the exact same time, Erik and I turned our heads to the only other person at the beach. I gasped at his lightly messy black hair and black attire. I opened my mouth for Erik to pinch my arm, but he already did so and tapped the side of my face to tell me this wasn't a dream.

A grin broke out from my daze as I stood up and ran towards him. He already had his arms out, awaiting the hug. Our bodies collided as I laughed and squealed.

"Frank! What are you doing here?! You asshole you didn't tell me you'd come to visit!" I said all in one long breath.

He chuckled again and kissed the top of my head. "I know. I didn't know you were here. I came for a walk."

"Whoa," Erik gasped, running over to us. "Gerard isn't here is he?"

Frank shook his head. "I'm the only one. The tour is done and I wanted to go to the beach. Meeting you two is a coincidence."

Erik and I nodded and gave Frank a smile.

"That's freaky, don't do that," he muttered, pointing at us.

"What are you talking about?" we asked in unison.

Frank jumped and pointed at us again. "That! It's like some twin telepathy."

"It's not my fault!" we screamed at the exact same time.

"Stop talking!"

"Gosh you're rude!"

"You two creep me out. I think I should leave."

"Actually, if you want to stay, you can crash at my place," Erik offered, shrugging his shoulders.

"Uhm, sure," Frank agreed.

After that weird...conversation, the three of us packed up our beach things and walked back Erik's house. As we walked back, I stayed silent and listened to them talk. I found it funny how Erik was so star struck when I first introduced him to anyone in My Chem, and now he was completely fine and calm.

I'm not quite sure why, but everything felt okay for once.
♠ ♠ ♠
There's one more chapter left! :(